As a long time VZW customer, I'm getting pissed off about not qualifying to upgrade my 650 (6 months left out of 2 year contract; $110+ per month in fees) like Sprint customers.

Has any VZW customer successfully upgraded his/her treo through their retention dept? If yes, what was your strategy?
    Try again, my Verizon account is less robust than yours, and I was told that I would qualify.
    Ask for the early upgrade and you should be fine. I would suggest calling verizon first and talk to a CSR have them put it in your notes and then go to a store and get the phone. If you don't go to the store they have to mail you the contract then they can mail you the phone.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    I just spoke with CR and they are going to give me the early upgrade...I also asked for the PDA SMS 2000 free text messages with the unlimited data plan and I am "supposed" to get that as well. I will let you know what happens...
    Quote Originally Posted by dstudboy1
    I just spoke with CR and they are going to give me the early upgrade...I also asked for the PDA SMS 2000 free text messages with the unlimited data plan and I am "supposed" to get that as well. I will let you know what happens...

Let us know if you get the SMS 2000 - my info was that was a limited deal that is no longer offered.
    I believe the rule is that anyone on a plan of $70 or more and with less than one year remaining on their contract is elgible for an equiptment upgrade with the signing of a new 2 year SA. You will also be subject to a $25 activation for the new equiptment, but depending on your CSR they may waive that for you.

It shouldnt take much negotiating. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $this$ $is$ $the$ $policy$, $and$ $it$ $seems$ $like$ $you$ $qualify$.
    I'd heard that Verizon did away with their customer retentions department some time ago .....