1.    #1  
    My brother told me I bought a "monster" when I bought my 650. But I didn't beleive him. Now I am eating my words. I need someone to help me me laymens terms ("Treo for Dummies") what I am doing wrong.

I am not computer lingo saavy!!!!!!!

I am preparing for a trip around the world and want to only take clothes and my new Treo 650 I have downloaded TCMP to play my music videoes.

Problem!!!!!????

Now what I have been trying to do ( I'll admit) is download (free)software and games to keep me busy on the plane. Thus far I've found the programs in rar.,exe. and zip files, then downloaded them. BUT to no avail.

I get this yellow triangle saying .....there is no application on the organizer
    to handle this file

I know there is a simple solution for this.Have mercy on me and explain it.

Thanks
    within those files should be .prc files (and maybe some .pdbs) that you install to the Treo. Extract those files on your PC, then load the prcs. Most likely, those files also have install instructions!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by shondaroni
    Now what I have been trying to do ( I'll admit) is download (free)software and games to keep me busy on the plane. Thus far I've found the programs in rar.,exe. and zip files, then downloaded them. BUT to no avail.

I get this yellow triangle saying .....there is no application on the organizer
    to handle this file

I know there is a simple solution for this.Have mercy on me and explain it.

Thanks
    First, .rar and .zip files are compressed Windows files. In order to "extract" them, you'd need to use a utility like Winzip to decompress or expand them. If you have Windows XP, that function is already there so you can simply extract the files.

Once extracted, you can install the files that end in the ".prc" extension as well as ".pdb" extension if available into your Palm using the Quick Install tool. Hotsync to install the files on your Palm. Run them on the Palm.

For those in ".exe" you have to run them first, which means double click on the file (click your mouse on the file quickly twice). If done properly, you will see a pop up Window that will guide you through the installation. Once it's all done, the program will be put for installation in your Palm. Hotsync to install the files. Run them on the Palm.

More info on installing files for the Palm can be found in my Palm blog posting.

Hope that helps.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
  4.    #4  
    Ok :0) Here goes eveything.....I'll check back in when I'm done ...Thanks in advance for you all's mercy and kindness...