Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a Plantronics 510 headset that works intermittantly with my 700p. What happens is, after a certain amount of time, say 1/2 hour, of the phone sitting dormant, it looses it's connection. So if somebody calls, I cannot pick up via BT.

Didn't know if this issue was isolated to the Plantronics 510, so I bought a Jabra BT500 today, which exhibited identical behavior.

Why do these headsets loose connection after a certain period of time w/o interaction? In other words, as long as the headset icon is displayed, everything transfers fine. But after a certain period of time, the headset icon disappears and is replaced with the standard BT icon, and once the headset icon disappears, connection is lost. Yes, I have tried pressing the headset button once a call comes in to establish connection, but this can take 5-10 seconds and result in loosing the call to vmail.

Please let me know if you have a similar problem and what you think. Thanks.
    I'm having the same problem with the Plantronics 640; I'm returning the headset to CompUSA and purchasing a Jabra X10 instead. I hope it's an isolated issue on the Plantronics BT headset line.
    No problems with my JX10 so far.
    No problems so far with my 640. I've had it paired all day. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.
    I have a JX10.

I've had my 700P next to me on my desk all day and I have seen it 'turn on' or come out of sleep mode at least twice for no apparent reason.

This happened on my T650 when I turned on my JX10 headset once my Treo 'discovered' it was there.

I'll keep an eye on it here to see if it's the Bluetooth connection causing it to come out of sleep mode....
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Quote Originally Posted by mariog7
    I have a Plantronics 510 headset that works intermittantly with my 700p. What happens is, after a certain amount of time, say 1/2 hour, of the phone sitting dormant, it looses it's connection. So if somebody calls, I cannot pick up via BT.

Didn't know if this issue was isolated to the Plantronics 510, so I bought a Jabra BT500 today, which exhibited identical behavior.

Why do these headsets loose connection after a certain period of time w/o interaction? In other words, as long as the headset icon is displayed, everything transfers fine. But after a certain period of time, the headset icon disappears and is replaced with the standard BT icon, and once the headset icon disappears, connection is lost. Yes, I have tried pressing the headset button once a call comes in to establish connection, but this can take 5-10 seconds and result in loosing the call to vmail.

Please let me know if you have a similar problem and what you think. Thanks.
    Actually, I think that's more of a problem with the headset than the Treo. I have a Samsung A900 and a Voyager 510 also, and every once in a while, the 510 will lose it's connection to the A900. Pressing the call button on the headset (just a quick press) usually restores the connection to the phone. I imagine this would work with the Treo to.

On a side note, I had a Jabra BT250v (predecessor to the BT500 I believe) and it also had a habit of dropping the connection sometimes. Perhaps they didn't fix this problem in the BT500..

I had a NOkia HS-26W for a while (great headset, but it had echo problems that made me return it) and it would drop connection way more than the 510 does, but the difference is that it would automatically reconnect almost instantly (it's a BT 2.0 headset, maybe that's why).
    Anybody with a SE HBH-610? I'd like to hear about 700p users with this headset because that's what I have and my 700p is on order...
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Well, i need to retract my previous statement. I'm now having BT issues with the Plantronics 640 as well. Doesn't seem to hold a pairing, and won't auto connect on outbound calls.

Very frustrating....
  9.    #9  
    Interesting comments, guys. Let's see what everyone has to say when trying their headsets.
    My headset testing details are here.
    count another one in for JX10 working fine.
    How about the Motorola H700? Any results?

davidnotdave
    OK.. as a follow up to my post above.... and owner of a Jabra JX10.

I just saw my headset disconnect itself from my 700P. My treo was in sleep mode and it suddenly 'woke up' with the bluetooth icon showing no headset connected. I did confirm the headset was on.

After about 40 seconds, the screen on the Treo turned off and the headset reconnected itself.

My headset hasn't been charged for about 4 days with somewhat heavy use, so it may have a weak signal?

I'll recharge the JX10 and see what happens.

Interesting....
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    "Hey guys, I just created an app called "BTstayConnect" and it should resolve all of your bluetooth connection issues. Please install the BTstayConnect.PRC and let me know how it goes."

That's what I'm hoping some developer would say in this thread very very soon. It's definitely a problem that needs to be resolved.
    where is it?
  16.    #16  
    Interesting. So this is happening with various BT headsets, so it is looking more and more like a 700p issue!
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    where is it?

Somebody must be tired!
    Quote Originally Posted by jpasint
    Somebody must be tired!
    LOL! Nah, he's just overly excited about his $150 700p.

Treoneo, I was just hoping some developer would chime in and say what I said in quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    ...Doesn't seem to hold a pairing, and won't auto connect on outbound calls.

Very frustrating....

I can confirm that I am experiencing this 'phenomenon' with my Cardo Scala-500 headset.
    Same issues here on both my fully charged Scala 500 and Voyager 510. Really odd, when the Treo looses connectivity, both headsets power off on their own...i.e., no flashing blue light. Both are fully charged and this mystery powering off happens to both after about a couple of hours of being paired and connected.

I wonder if the BT 1.2 is either maintaining a constant connection to the headsets, wearing down the batteries faster or could it be sending some type of power off command to the headsets.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast