Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    oh duh I am a silly boy. I didn't see that. oops...
    I've only tested my Voyager 510 (Windscreen version) w/ my 700P for a couple of minutes. Made a couple of calls, received a couple of calls. After only a couple of minutes, the 700P seemed to lose connection with the 510, but all I had to do was press the answer button on the 510 to restore the connection.

Also, the 700P transfers calls to my 510 much more quickly than my 650 did. Connections are made almost instantly. I like how the BT icon changes into a headset icon too when you're paired with a headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    Anybody with a SE HBH-610? I'd like to hear about 700p users with this headset because that's what I have and my 700p is on order...
    I have this one (the 610a), and I did notice it tonight, but dismissed it as probably a battery saving feature of the 610a. Maybe it isn't. It disconnected from the Treo after an extended time of not being used, and I had to manually reconnect it by pressing the connect button on the headset. I'll look more into it tomorrow to see if this is really an issue or just a coincidence.
    I have the jabra xj10 and it worked great for awhile but now it won't work. I re-paired it and it won't work. It sets up fine but just beeps in my ear when I place a call but the sound comes through the phone not the headset????????????????
    I'm experimenting guys....

I have installed the Bluetooth manager from the ROM of my 650.

It reverts back to BT 1.0 - but if it means i can hold onto a pairing for more than an hour...i'll keep it. So far, it boots up and connects fine. I'll monitor to see if it resolves these issues.
    And I have an issue with my bt carkit
    Update...using the BT manager from teh 650, i now have DUN options again. I haven't tested, and am not sure i want to be a guinea pig if i'm going to get charged by sprint, but the option is there.
    Well....not sure what i did was a great idea. Now the 700 is treating it as an open bluetooth connection, and it won't disconnect. I can't open up the BT manager because it says an active call is in place. So maybe we just neet Palm to fix the BT manager with a firmware update.

Frustrating to say the least.
    If so can somebody check if their BT connection to a BT GPS will also get dropped? That would be crazy. I checked this AM if the 700p paired with my iTrek M3. It did very easily, but I did not think of this "phenomenon".
    But did notice this behaviour on the Scala 500 this AM. My Voyager 510 will not even pair.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    I have this one (the 610a), and I did notice it tonight, but dismissed it as probably a battery saving feature of the 610a. Maybe it isn't. It disconnected from the Treo after an extended time of not being used, and I had to manually reconnect it by pressing the connect button on the headset. I'll look more into it tomorrow to see if this is really an issue or just a coincidence.
    Thanks for the info. If you receive a call after the connection drops, does pressing the connect button on the headset answer the call? Can that be done once the call is answered on the handset?
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Bummer. Just had my Sony Ericcson HBH-660 cut out in the middle of a call. The 700p still indicated that I was on the headset, but I couldn't hear the other person and they couldn't hear me. I cancelled the headset on the 700p and found him mid-sentence. I was then able to push the button on my headset and reconnect.

Hope this isn't a sign of more problems to come (though it sounds like a lot of folks are noticing bluetooth glitches here). My HBH-660 was flawless with the Treo 650.

My wife has my car until tonight...I'm a lil' scared to try out my 700p with my Parrot CK-3100. Please, please, please work!
    I have the Scala 500 with my 700p and it connects fine to an incoming call but cant connect at all on outgoing. This sucks.. My headset icon is always there so I dont think its a pairing issue.
  13.    #33  
    Some more feedabck:

On my Plantronics 510, it looses the connection about once an hour

Used a new Jabra BT500 all day on the road yesterday, and only lost the connection once.
    The implementation of BT on the Treos has been flawed since day one. Other phones work perfectly, but the Treo does not.

BT 1.2 is an improvement, but there are still bugs in their BT, esp on BT Hotsync.

Oh well, this will be the last Palm OS Treo, so maybe the Linux version will be better.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I am having similar problems with my treo headset. It keeps losing the pairing, no matter how close I am to the headset. Only repairs after pressing and holding the button, but then it makes a call.

Pretty annoying, since the 650 stayed paired, no matter what.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I charged my JX-10 and it started working (didn't even have to re-pair) -- we'll see how long it lasts...
    After my Scala-500 failure, I tried a Samsung WEP-150. Worked 100% perfectly all day yesterday. This morning, it would not connect to my Treo. Tried initiating the call from the handset first. When this failed, tried to establish a connection by pressing the headset button -- still no go. The headdset still showed up in my trusted devices list, but I guess somehow got corrupted??? Deleted, then re-paired but I'm still getting mixed success in the headset always connecting on a call. This sucks big time.
  18.    #38  
    How can we bring these issues to Palm's attention?
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTreo650
    I have the jabra xj10 and it worked great for awhile but now it won't work. I re-paired it and it won't work. It sets up fine but just beeps in my ear when I place a call but the sound comes through the phone not the headset????????????????
    I have the same problem too. I Dont know how to fix it . Anyone else have any ideas?
    Wow, you are resurrecting a dead old thread. This issue has been addressed and answered in about 5-10 other threads.

The short version is; start with a soft reset and see if it works then. If not a hard reset generally takes care of it. It has happened 2 or three times to me and a soft reset has always fixed it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast