Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've seen numerous posts in several threads regarding various BT headsets that DIDN'T work. Can we start a list of headsets that DO work? So far, this is what I've gathered from other posts:

Headsets that have issues 700p:
    Plantronics Discovery 640
    Plantronics 510
    Sony Ericson HBH-662
    Motorola HS850
    Headsets that work properly with 700p:
    Jabra BT250v
    Motorola H550
    Motorola HS500
    Please chime in if your experience with these headsets has been different, but this is what I've found so far in the forums. And let us know if any other headsets work/don't work as expected.

-B
    ---------------------------
    Brian Racherbaeumer
    RacherVision
    No wonder, I have been trying to pair the voyager 510 with no sucess.
    Working great (and better than 650) with Jabra JX10.

Softick Audio Gateway v.1.06 (bluetooth streaming of music to stereo headset) no longer works with my Jabra BT620's and 700P - or any stereo headset for that matter from what I hear.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    My Cardo Scala-500 works just fine. Seems to be a bit clearer than the 650 was, too.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet
    Working great (and better than 650) with Jabra JX10.
    So do you recommend the Jabra JX10? I'm receiving my 700p today and would like to get a headset relatively soon. So far, it appeals to me the most of all the headsets that work with the 700p.
    I just received the Plantronics 645. (My Sony hbh-662 accidently got flushed down the toilet ). Paired it with no trouble. Sounds great!
    I do recommend the Jabra JX10. It is a bit pricey, but I love the form factor and barely know it's there.

The calls connect and go out A LOT faster with the 700P using this headset.

An annoying problem with using this headset on a T650 was that if you took the call to the headset, transferred the call back to the Treo handset, and then transferred the call BACK to the headset, the call would drop immediately. This problem no longer exists on the 700P.

I was outside talking to a friend using the headset and she said, "Are those birds chirping in the background?"

Crystal clear.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
  8.    #8  
    I do recommend the Jabra JX10.
    Awesome. The JX10 will be one of my next purchases. Thanks for the feedback!

-B
    ---------------------------
    Brian Racherbaeumer
    RacherVision
    Sony HBH-610a works. At first I heard a lot of background hissing noise, and then it worked perfectly.
    I have had no troubles with my Plantronics Discovery 640. Paired up quickly and it's nice and loud.
    I do recommend the Jabra JX10. It is a bit pricey, but I love the form factor and barely know it's there.
    Great!! I have my brand new JX10 sitting here all charged up ready for UPS to bring me my new 700P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trager
    My Cardo Scala-500 works just fine. Seems to be a bit clearer than the 650 was, too.
    The Scala works fine on my device and even better since it was 10 bucks.

It seems that BT headsets are hit and miss and many of them, for lack of a better word, suck. I'm going to use the Scala until I get negative feedback from the callers on the other end of the line.

I want to invest in something better but it seems that there is no positive correlation between price, quality, and clarity when it comes to BT headsets.

Edit: I had an issue where the headset would not work even if I repaired. The soft-reset mentioned on pages 5-7 worked and the Scala seems to be back to normal.
    Last edited by theswami; 06/10/2006 at 10:15 PM.
    The HBH-660 mostly works.
  14. nwr
    I am now using jx 10 and after I turned it off for a few hours than turned it back on it would not transfer to headset when I made a call. I had to hit the phone button again on the headset-even after it was already on-to make the connection than it seemed to work again. I will turn headset on tomorrow and see if same thing happans. Anyone else had a similiar experience in an effort to find a headset that will work with Bluetooth 1.2. Palm must have a bug in the software. My 510 worked perfectly with 650 and wouldn't work well with 700p therefore I am now trying jx 10.
    My xj10 worked for awhile. I can't get it to work not. the headset symbol shows up and it beeps in my ear but the call goes to the phone. re- paired it again and it won't work? damit
    I have re- paired my xj10 serval times- the funny thing is I can hit the button on the headset and it will start the call but all the sound goes to the phone, not the headset?
    Has anyone tried the Motorola H700?

Davidnotdave
    I got my phone yesterday and paired it with my plantronics 510 and it worked fine.I used it to transfer my contacts from my i870 to my 700p.It drop the headset every now and them,but my 870 does it as well.I would just push the talk button on the headset and it reconnected.All in all it worked fine.Just my 2 cents
    So far my motorola HS850 is working without a problem. The sound quality with my 650 was so bad I reverted back to wired, now it's great with the 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by arimanius
    I have had no troubles with my Plantronics Discovery 640. Paired up quickly and it's nice and loud.
    Yes, almost too loud if you ask me! Hehe...I've had to turn it down a couple times. Also, I seem to get the issue of the headset randomly disconnecting when it standby, not all the time, just sometimes.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast