Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Results 141 to 156 of 156
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    johnhboyd- where did you see this? Where can we get a new 510???
    I got mine from TreoCentral. So far, this morning, seems to be working pretty well. It still disconnects from the Treo about every 60 minutes. However, I just tested it. When you hear the incoming call, if you push the call button on the headset, it will connect and answer the call before it goes to Voicemail.

    John
  2. #142  
    I am testing both a Jabra JX-10 and a new Plantronics 645 and plan to return the loser. This is day one so it is hard to say how much value this report has at this time but I will follow up.

    First, I used both headsets with my 650 for a few days prior to getting the 700p. The 640 was the best for me. It was louder and connected and worked flawlessly. My only issues were: 1) the range stinks - maybe 5-8 feet but not if it is on the other side of you and 2) the ear piece kept coming off the body in my pocket, especially if the ear hook is on too. The Jabra is just way too quiet with the 650 for me, even cranked up it is a shade too quiet. Also it seems to crack or distort with loud tones from the caller's voice - kind of like a blown speaker does. I think I may have gotten a bad unit so I plan to exchange it soon.

    With the 700p both seem to have slightly better range, but don't plan on 20 feet or anything. The 645 is louder but the JX-10 is still a little too soft for me. With the 645 my wife said I sounded a little far away or in a tunnel or something while I was driving.

    After about 2 hours I found that the 645 would look like it connected and I could hear some slight static on it as if it were connected, but all call noise would come through the handset speaker. I did a soft reset. Same thing. I deleted the headset and repaired. Same thing.

    Then I tried the JX-10. Same issue. No sound through the headset even when connected. So I deleted the jx-10 and did a soft reset. After that I could not pair the JX-10. The Treo saw it but would not connect to it - giving me an error that it could not connect. So after a soft reset it did connect. I tried a call but....Same thing - all sound from the handset.

    Since it was happening at the same time with both headsets and soft reseting was having no effect I decided to back up with Resco and do a hard reset. Once I completed that I re-paired the 645 and it worked fine. Then I did a total restore from Resco and the 645 still worked fine.

    I have not had time to mess with the jx-10 yet.

    Weird. I too am very frustrated with the BT situation. How could we still have BT issues after the 650. Doesn't Palm learn from their mistakes?

    I will keep posting and following this thread. So far the 645 is the better headset for me.
  3. F1Turbo's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #143  
    My Jabra 250 initally paired and worked well with my 700P. However, after 2 calls, was no longer paired. Went through everything (re-pair, delete from trusted devices, re-pair, soft resets, ad nauseum) and it still wouldn't work. Eventually did a hard reset, and then I was able to pair it again.

    Well, after about 5 to 8 calls, back to the same situation.

    And this is one that is supposed to work. Never had issues like this with my 650 (worst case just re-paired again, maybe once every several months).

    Anyone else having issues like this, with any headset? Maybe the the 250 just happened to go bad when I made the upgrade (not likely)?
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    I am testing both a Jabra JX-10 and a new Plantronics 645 and plan to return the loser. This is day one so it is hard to say how much value this report has at this time but I will follow up.

    First, I used both headsets with my 650 for a few days prior to getting the 700p. The 640 was the best for me. It was louder and connected and worked flawlessly. My only issues were: 1) the range stinks - maybe 5-8 feet but not if it is on the other side of you and 2) the ear piece kept coming off the body in my pocket, especially if the ear hook is on too. The Jabra is just way too quiet with the 650 for me, even cranked up it is a shade too quiet. Also it seems to crack or distort with loud tones from the caller's voice - kind of like a blown speaker does. I think I may have gotten a bad unit so I plan to exchange it soon.

    With the 700p both seem to have slightly better range, but don't plan on 20 feet or anything. The 645 is louder but the JX-10 is still a little too soft for me. With the 645 my wife said I sounded a little far away or in a tunnel or something while I was driving.

    After about 2 hours I found that the 645 would look like it connected and I could hear some slight static on it as if it were connected, but all call noise would come through the handset speaker. I did a soft reset. Same thing. I deleted the headset and repaired. Same thing.

    Then I tried the JX-10. Same issue. No sound through the headset even when connected. So I deleted the jx-10 and did a soft reset. After that I could not pair the JX-10. The Treo saw it but would not connect to it - giving me an error that it could not connect. So after a soft reset it did connect. I tried a call but....Same thing - all sound from the handset.

    Since it was happening at the same time with both headsets and soft reseting was having no effect I decided to back up with Resco and do a hard reset. Once I completed that I re-paired the 645 and it worked fine. Then I did a total restore from Resco and the 645 still worked fine.

    I have not had time to mess with the jx-10 yet.

    Weird. I too am very frustrated with the BT situation. How could we still have BT issues after the 650. Doesn't Palm learn from their mistakes?

    I will keep posting and following this thread. So far the 645 is the better headset for me.
    I've owned both the 645 and JX-10. The 645 went back, after finding no problems using my JX-10 with my 700p for mutliple days (while the 645 wasn't working correctly). Now it's been close to 2 weeks, and still zero problems with my JX-10.

    Folks on the board have been enjoying similar results on the JX-10, provided they fully charged their headset.

    To improve the volume level of the JX-10, I recommend picking a set of Jabra ear gels from your local Radio Shack. I've posted on previous threads the numerous benefits of using the ear gels over the included ear clip.

    Good luck.
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase
    I've owned both the 645 and JX-10. The 645 went back, after finding no problems using my JX-10 with my 700p for mutliple days (while the 645 wasn't working correctly). Now it's been close to 2 weeks, and still zero problems with my JX-10.

    Folks on the board have been enjoying similar results on the JX-10, provided they fully charged their headset.

    To improve the volume level of the JX-10, I recommend picking a set of Jabra ear gels from your local Radio Shack. I've posted on previous threads the numerous benefits of using the ear gels over the included ear clip.

    Good luck.
    Yeah, I had some extra ear gels sitting around so I tried one. That does seem to help a bunch.

    But I still get some crackling that is not just static. It is in the speaker and is closely tied to louder sounds made by the other caller. Does anyone else with a JX-10 have this issue?
  6. #146  
    First I've heard of that. If you can return the JX-10 and try another, I would see if that resolves it. Otherwise, it might be a problem with BT on the phone. But if you're not having a similar porblem on the 645, I'm thinking it's a defective JX-10.

    Pick up a unit at Best Buy, and swap it out and see if that resolves the issue.
  7. #147  
    The Motorola H700 seems to work fine with the 700p, and it does fold up very small. But to put it on your ear requires two hands or a little dexterity because the part that goes over your hear has to be held out against a fair amount of resistance when you slip it onto your ear. Also, the volume of my voice is pretty low according to others I have talked to. But this is my first experience with a BT headset, so don't really have much to compare with, to know if it's great or not.
  8. #148  
    So has anyone tried the SE IV835 yet?
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../9-32--729.htm

    I think I am down to deciding between this and the JX-10.
  9. #149  
    My Scala give sound and responsiveness just like on my 650.

    However, after pairing etc, then turning off the headset (when leaving my car, for example) - then turning it back on, the phone did not "find" it...tried to rediscover, repair, etc...no go (even though the Scala was now a trusted device) - did a reset just for kicks (like Windows, everything works after a reboot) and it worked.

    Now, every morning when I get into my car and the phone is already on, I turn on the Scala, then reset the phone and it works....

    I cannot wait for the first Palm updates. As a whole, the phone is fantastic, and has cut my unexpected resets to virtually "zero" each day.
    Charliec
  10. #150  
    Well, tried a Nokia BH-800 and I thought it was working okay until I got the Jabra JX-10. The Nokia worked but there was minor static on calls. Also, when it lost connection, it really lost connection and was a pain to get it connected again. It would also sometimes just lose connection and then re-connect. Okay, so maybe it didn't "work"...lol

    I took it back and got a JX-10. Works great! So far I've had it two days and no random disconnects, connects right up in the morning after taking it out of the charger.

    I tried the Plantronics 640 and had the same issues as the Nokia. Except for the minor static.
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbert
    The Motorola H700 seems to work fine with the 700p, and it does fold up very small. But to put it on your ear requires two hands or a little dexterity because the part that goes over your hear has to be held out against a fair amount of resistance when you slip it onto your ear. Also, the volume of my voice is pretty low according to others I have talked to. But this is my first experience with a BT headset, so don't really have much to compare with, to know if it's great or not.
    Try pulling it out until it's perpendicular to the headset. It should click and stay in place, allowing you to easily slip it over your ear. Then push the headset against your ear. You should be all set.

    And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

    Signed,
    The n00b!

    P.s. Bow before me!

    Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbert
    The Motorola H700 seems to work fine with the 700p, and it does fold up very small. But to put it on your ear requires two hands or a little dexterity because the part that goes over your hear has to be held out against a fair amount of resistance when you slip it onto your ear. Also, the volume of my voice is pretty low according to others I have talked to. But this is my first experience with a BT headset, so don't really have much to compare with, to know if it's great or not.
    I tried the H700 for a day and it caused my phone to reset. I can't prove the H700 did it, but I'm almost positive.
  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic
    Well, tried a Nokia BH-800 and I thought it was working okay until I got the Jabra JX-10. The Nokia worked but there was minor static on calls. Also, when it lost connection, it really lost connection and was a pain to get it connected again. It would also sometimes just lose connection and then re-connect. Okay, so maybe it didn't "work"...lol

    I took it back and got a JX-10. Works great! So far I've had it two days and no random disconnects, connects right up in the morning after taking it out of the charger.

    I tried the Plantronics 640 and had the same issues as the Nokia. Except for the minor static.
    That was also my experience.

    As for the IV835, the 3 hours of talk time would be a problem for me. The JX10 gets 6 and the AX2 gets 8. I've seen one review that liked the sound quality and one that said the outgoing sound quality was really bad.
  14. jsulmeyer's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #154  
    I'm getting no audio on my JX 10, other than system beeps, etc. When I dial a call on the 700p, I hear a system beep, letting me know that the headset has taken over the call, but that's it. No audio from the headset - or the Treo - unstill I power off the headset. I'm also trying the Palm Treo headset (the old one) which is twice the size of the Jabra, but other than low max volume, I'm not having any audio issues.

    I read in another post that someone else had the "no audio" issues with their JX 10. Unfortunately, it's Saturday, so I'll have to wait until Monday to contact Jabra, unless someone here know of a fix/reset.

    Much thanks,

    reubkov
  15. jsulmeyer's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #155  
    That's weird - I just received a call and since the JX 10 was still paired, the call went to the headset - and suddenly I had audio, although REALLY noisy. After the call, I initiated my own call and voila - I finally had audio on an outgoing call, too. The bad noise was gone but I could definitely hear some hiss, even with the volume down...

    Ya think I might have a bad unit?

    reubkov
  16. #156  
    Yeah, I'm thinking you do. Try picking up a unit at Best Buy, and see if that one works any better. If it does, then you know you have a defective JX-10.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Posting Permissions