Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 156
  1. Fofer's Avatar
    Posts
    576 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    thanks dcp. helps clear things up. funny thing is I did a soft reset, and now it seems to work fairly well. we'll see if it lasts.
    That was my recommendation just a few posts before yours. (Scroll up to post #108) I had the same symptoms with the Treo BT headset, a soft-reset fixed things.
  2. #122  
    yeah, I thought I did do one actually. You usually remember having to take the battery cover off just to do one of those. Is there a key combo to do a soft reset? Yet another pain in the a** thing I'm finding as I migrate away from my i5.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  3. Fofer's Avatar
    Posts
    576 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    yeah, I thought I did do one actually. You usually remember having to take the battery cover off just to do one of those. Is there a key combo to do a soft reset? Yet another pain in the a** thing I'm finding as I migrate away from my i5.
    Some launcher-type apps allow you to do this easily; I use LauncherX and it's a menu command. I also purchases a battery cover replacement from Seidio Online that has a hole for the reset button; therefore no more need to remove the cover anymore. Sure would be NICE if I didn't have to reset the thing quite so often.

    Alas... <sigh>
    Last edited by Fofer; 06/09/2006 at 04:41 PM.
  4. #124  
    see...that'll get me on a rant. having to spend money on something I shouldn't have to, to do something I should be able to do without taking the phone apart. Wonder if they'd add a shortcut or something to a firmware upgrade. Just a simple hack would be nice without having to put on unneeded software or a new battery cover.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Some launcher-type apps allow you to do this easily; I use LauncherX and it's a menu command. I also purchases a battery cover replacement from Seidio Online that has a hole for the reset button; therefore no more need to remove the cover anymore.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  5. Fofer's Avatar
    Posts
    576 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    see...that'll get me on a rant. having to spend money on something I shouldn't have to, to do something I should be able to do without taking the phone apart. Wonder if they'd add a shortcut or something to a firmware upgrade. Just a simple hack would be nice without having to put on unneeded software or a new battery cover.
    I'll take that rant a bit further (and edited my post above to reflect this thought)...

    Wouldn't it be even nicer if we didn't have to be soft-resetting all the time?
  6. #126  
    ahhhh...in a perfect world...

    the hidden reset button is just plain stupid though especially for those that use skin type cases. Can't imagine how hard it would've been to make an exposed recessed hole. But then again, after three generations, they still didn't change the sd slot at all to make it recessed more or have a sliding cover for it. And I'm sure the list could go on and on and on and on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    I'll take that rant a bit further (and edited my post above to reflect this thought)...

    Wouldn't it be even nicer if we didn't have to be soft-resetting all the time?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTreo650
    My xj10 worked for awhile. I can't get it to work not. the headset symbol shows up and it beeps in my ear but the call goes to the phone. re- paired it again and it won't work? damit
    I have to say I am using the xj-10 and am having no problems like you have described - indeed none at all.
  8. Fofer's Avatar
    Posts
    576 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTreo650
    my jx10 worked get for the first day. Then it would pick the call up but no sound would come through. I just tried it again and it worked get with one call and now has totally messed my phone up. When I place a call the call goes through with no sound through the phone or the headset.
    As mentioned earlier in this thread... after you pair them, do a soft reset of the Treo. That should fix the issue. (At least, it did for me, with other headsets.)
  9. dcpmark's Avatar
    Posts
    560 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero
    I have to say I am using the xj-10 and am having no problems like you have described - indeed none at all.
    Same here.....no problems with my JX-10 after one week of solid use, save for one re-pair.
  10. #130  
    I purchased the Motorola H700 a few days ago. It paired easily and seems to operate as advertized. It is so light, I almost forgot about it and had it on almost all day - did get my ear a litlle sore, is this typical of headsets?

    Found that the optimal distance is up to about 6 feet - starts fading and crackles when from 6-20 ft away and losses signal at about 40 ft.

    I will use for a while and report the results.

    davidnotdave
  11. #131  
    Don't even think about using the Plantronics Voyager 510 with the 700p. I had this headset for months with my PPC6700 and it worked great. The sound quality was awesome with the 700p, but it disconnects every 5 minutes!!! What a pain! If someone calls, I can't pick up using the headset because the connection is gone!

    After about a week of this frustration, I tried the Jabra BT500. After using it for about a week now, it has not dropped the connection once! And the sound quality is excellent, no static, and battery time is excellent. I highly recommend this headset with the 700p.

    Stay away from the Plantronics 510!
  12. #132  
    Here's my list:

    Sony HBH-608: Sounded great, but lost BT connection all the time. When it was connected got about 10-12 ft distance before static

    Palm BT head set or Treo BT head set: Sounds great, very loud, no lost BT connection, I can get around 15-20 ft distance with some static.

    Jabra BT500: Sound is tooo low for me. Love everything else, got around 12 ft before static

    Overall, I've noticed that with the new BT in the phone, it connects a lot faster then the 650, and for me the range is better too.

    This is just my opinion only.
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by mariog7
    Don't even think about using the Plantronics Voyager 510 with the 700p. I had this headset for months with my PPC6700 and it worked great. The sound quality was awesome with the 700p, but it disconnects every 5 minutes!!! What a pain! If someone calls, I can't pick up using the headset because the connection is gone!

    After about a week of this frustration, I tried the Jabra BT500. After using it for about a week now, it has not dropped the connection once! And the sound quality is excellent, no static, and battery time is excellent. I highly recommend this headset with the 700p.

    Stay away from the Plantronics 510!
    The Voyager worked fine for me after I followed the directions on Plantronics' site to reset the Voyager. I also did a hard reset of my 700P to make sure everything was cleared. After this, my Voyager 510 worked flawlessly.
  14. #134  
    Just to update. My Plantronics Discovery 640 has been working well for the past two days. The sound quality on the receiving end has been pretty good, but still nowhere near my corded Jabra Earwave Boom.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  15. #135  
    I have Jabra 500. Great sound and good distance (I've been over 20 feet and it was good). Here is the problem. With my 650, I could go about 4 days before a recharge. I spend about an hour a day on the phone on business. Now, with my 700...I'm lucky if I get a days worth of time. Most of the time, the headset is sitting on my sun visor so I know its receiving a signal from the phone. It seems like the Treo is draining the power from my headset. I fully charged it last night and only made four or five short calls. The last call ended with the headset shutting down due to lack of power!!!.

    At least one other person here has had this problem. Anyone else?
  16. #136  
    I have the Jabra BT500 and the it works great, I mean GREAT - BUT .....you cannot hear the blasted thing - it is way to low in public or the car. I hope the Palm version comes out soon and is really good. I am tired of this BT hunt!
  17. hub
    hub is offline
    hub's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    #137  
    Really, I cannot get my 640 to work at all. It will pair but it does not activate when I make a call or receive a call. From what I have read in other threads this is a common problem. If there is a way to make it work please let me know. I don't want to buy a new headset when my 640 worked great with my 650.

    Quote Originally Posted by arimanius
    I have had no troubles with my Plantronics Discovery 640. Paired up quickly and it's nice and loud.
  18. hub
    hub is offline
    hub's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    #138  
    I have taken the battery out a few times to get serial numbers, etc. and now my 640 seems to be working, at least when I make a call. I have not had a chance to try it when I receive a call. I'm crossing my fingers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Try a soft reset of the Treo... should work fine after that. At least, that helped when I had the same symptoms with the Treo headset.
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by mariog7
    Don't even think about using the Plantronics Voyager 510 with the 700p. I had this headset for months with my PPC6700 and it worked great. The sound quality was awesome with the 700p, but it disconnects every 5 minutes!!! What a pain! If someone calls, I can't pick up using the headset because the connection is gone!

    After about a week of this frustration, I tried the Jabra BT500. After using it for about a week now, it has not dropped the connection once! And the sound quality is excellent, no static, and battery time is excellent. I highly recommend this headset with the 700p.

    Stay away from the Plantronics 510!
    Plantronics has issued a new version of the 510, and mine appears to be working just fine so far.
  20. #140  
    johnhboyd- where did you see this? Where can we get a new 510???
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions