Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com
    I just bought a Motorola H300. It works great, but shuts off after about 10-15 minutes while in standby mode, meaning that if a call comes in after the timeout, you won't be able to answer it by tapping the button.

I called Motorola's tech support and they think that I should swap it out for a new one where I bought it. Anyone else having an issue with the Motorola H300 BT headset?
    Hmmm. Funny, but I put in a fresh battery and now it's all working normally. In fact, there's no more half-duplex problem on the 700p with the Motorola H300.

It's turned out to be an EXCELLENT headset!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSam

Jabra BT250 (Palm Branded): this headset was terrible w/ the T650 due to too much static. I really liked the volume, however. Does anyone have this headset w/ a 700p who can report on static?
    I have a Jabra-branded one and the static is terrible, same as the 650.

The bluetooth situation is really annoying me. I expected it to be better, not worse, than thr 650.
    I have a post on the Motorola H3 with the Treo...go read it. Here's the cliff's notes version: The Motorola H3 is the best functioning bluetooth headset for the Treo, period. No static issues, no comfort issues, no control issues...it's perfect!
    My issue with the H3 and other headests of that ilk are that they don't fit my ear well; I can't possibly get the earpiece near my ear canal with the clip not bending my ear oddly.

I would have preferred that the 700 not break headsets that worked perfectly on the 650.
    Just got my 700p last night, but so far my headset works fine. No problems pairing, clarity, volume and range seem at least as good as with my 650 (and they were great).
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdallen
    Just got my 700p last night, but so far my headset works fine. No problems pairing, clarity, volume and range seem at least as good as with my 650 (and they were great).
    RE: Sony Ericsson HBH-662

Ah, that one's cool... it's got caller ID display.
    Just got my 700p today, it paired with my Discovery 640 no problem. I get the little blue headset when its connected (I'm assuming that this is normal) but calls still goto the handset. Very frustrating. I saw that some people were using the 640 without any problems. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamWasabi
    Just got my 700p today, it paired with my Discovery 640 no problem. I get the little blue headset when its connected (I'm assuming that this is normal) but calls still goto the handset. Very frustrating. I saw that some people were using the 640 without any problems. Any ideas?
    Try a soft reset of the Treo... should work fine after that. At least, that helped when I had the same symptoms with the Treo headset.
    That worked!!! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSam
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the following headsets are working with the 700p:

Jabra BT250 (Palm Branded): this headset was terrible w/ the T650 due to too much static. I really liked the volume, however. Does anyone have this headset w/ a 700p who can report on static?
    I also found it unusable on the 650 - static and it had to be within inches of the unit. Much better on the 700p. No static and ranges up to ten feet.
    I very highly recomend the Jabra BT 500, I bought it 2 days ago, and realy love it.
    No static
    Conects instantly
    Battery holds very long
    It cost me like $70.00
    Hope this helps...
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    I've narrowed my choices to these two headsets. It is my understanding that the Plantronics does not require the earclip, and can be just placed in the ear. Can the JX-10 function this way, or does it require the earclip? I don't need to keep this thing next to my ear all day long.....I just want to be able to keep the headset in my pocket and stick it in my ear when I get a phone call. It seems it would be much quicker and easier to do this if you don't have use an earclip to get the headset to stay.

TIA
    IMO, the earclip on the JX-10 is a small piece of junk. I didnt expect anything so flimsy out of a $179.99 + tax headset! I placed a jabra eargel on mine; I no longer know what became of that little black clip.

Quote Originally Posted by freakfarm
    I bought the gels and they are so damn big (and don't fit so well on the original ear piece) that it makes the JX-10 much less pocketable.

I prefer just jamming the ear piece that is already on the device into my ear and taking a chance that it will come out at times. It's just so compact in it's original state without adding a gel.
    I'm surprised, given how extremely tiny the JX-10 is, that using an eargel means you can no longer carry it in a pocket. Guess its kind of hard for me to imagine an eargel creating that much more size.
    Last edited by scandalex; 06/09/2006 at 12:10 AM.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trager
    My Cardo Scala-500 works just fine. Seems to be a bit clearer than the 650 was, too.
    My Scala-500 worked the first day. Then it went broke and I can't get it to work again.

To make sure it was not the head set. I paired it with my old 650. Worked like a champ.

BlueTooth on the 700P is FUBAR. Palm needs to correct it yesterday. Why have they gone from stability in the 650 to unusable in the 700P?
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Evo
    This is definitely a pain in the ***. Have the Discovery 640. It paired just fine, but I couldn't get it to take calls. Headset symbol showed up, but I couldn't make calls and have it transfer to the headset. It did all the appropriate beeps and change from bluetooth to headset symbol. But I get zero sound to the headset. I just received a call, and answered it on the headset. It worked just fine.

How the heck do you transfer a call to the headset? I don't see any icon outside of the speakerphone to transfer to the headset. So what's the deal? For those that have no problem with their bt headset, how do you transfer the call from the treo to the headset when placing a call?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Well, in theory, you shouldn't have to do aything to trasnfer it to the headset. With the moto H700 i'm using now...a call comes in, or i dial out, and as soon as the phone comes online to dial, my headset is connected. It's faster than it ever was on the 650, and at least with this headset, its reliable so far.

I also have hte plantroincs 640, and it seemed to work okay with incoming calls, but outgoing never worked. In that case, you need to push the button on the 640 to get it to connect. Problem is, sometimes this takes too long, and by that time, the person is already wondering where you are and why you aren't talking.
    i've constantly hit the button after initiating a call. Have not yet been able to get it to transfer over. It's just frustrating. I've seen many other phones not have these types of issues. I didn't even have this issue with my jabra add on for my i500. Why is it so screwed up with Palm?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    they clearly have some serious issues with their actual product testing. I don't know if their people just don't use these features, but whatever it is, it's ridiculous. I guess it's somewhat the price we pay for being early adopters / beta testers, but yest, it's generally a really poor way of doing business.
    I thought the point of bluetooth being a standard was that compatibility would not be an issue. I can understand specific issues with device specific functions, but general functionality should be somewhat universal. What's the point of having a standard if it is anything but? And why would you release a phone with such limited compatibility? Seriously, you drop so much on the phone, so much on cases, adapters and what not. You'd think you'd be able to use your existing headset, especially one that's suppsed to be higher end.
    Last edited by crogs571; 06/09/2006 at 01:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    I thought the point of bluetooth being a standard was that compatibility would not be an issue. I can understand specific issues with device specific functions, but general functionality should be somewhat universal. What's the point of having a standard if it is anything but? And why would you release a phone with such limited compatibility? Seriously, you drop so much on the phone, so much on cases, adapters and what not. You'd think you'd be able to use your existing headset, especially one that's suppsed to be higher end.
    I once read someone else's response to a similar question, and while I can't vouch for the accuracy, he appeared to have quite a bit of knowledge of the subject. Anyway, I seem to recall him saying something about that BT is a protocol and not a standard as such, and simply having a BT certification was no guarantee that it would work together with all other BT devices. If recall correctly, he seems to blame the BT SIG group for failing to require more strict interoperablility:

With chip volumes up and prices down, Bluetooth is being added to a wide array of consumer electronics products. But before a product can carry the Bluetooth logo, it must undergo a very exacting qualification process and be registered with the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (BT SIG).

Product Qualification
    Bluetooth technology is defined by the BT SIG. Formed of eight promoter companies and hundreds of associate and adopter-level member companies, the BT SIG, through its various committees and working groups, creates the specifications that define Bluetooth protocols. Bluetooth intellectual property may be used in products royalty-free as long as those products pass a series of functional and interoperability tests called product qualification and the product is listed on the BT SIG qualification website.1

Any company that manufactures a Bluetooth product can become a BT SIG member and qualify that product. Adopter-level membership in the BT SIG is free. Associate members pay a fee based on the annual revenue of the company. Currently, companies with annual revenue of less than $100 million are charged an annual membership fee of $7,500. Those with higher revenues pay $35,000 per year.

Read the whole thing at:
    http://www.evaluationengineering.com...6bluetooth.asp
    thanks dcp. helps clear things up. funny thing is I did a soft reset, and now it seems to work fairly well. we'll see if it lasts.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast