Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Today I picked up GNNNUM nXZEN at Fry's.
    Only the reason I chose $159 headset is compatibility with Stereo sound.
    Well, a good news is that It works properly as BT headset. Even while I listen to a music, the chime sounds and it switchd to the headset function.

The bad news is that it has to be wired to the sound source at the stereo mode.
    As it adopts std mini pin jack, the adaptor by Plam has to be added.

I am not sure whether I stay with this, since it's much simlar to be with
    originally provided stereo heaset by palm (wired) and carry BT headset at necessity.

For Gennum, I have to point out that the talking quailty is awesome, especially under the noisy environment.
    After using the Reset sequence (and repair) on the Plantronics Voyager 510, it seems like it is working with my Treo 700p.

I guess the thing that is different, is that if I haven't used the 510 in a while, I have to press the button on it, to connect to the Treo first (light headphone display). Then press it again to connect to phone call.

Also, if I turn the 510 off, then back on again. It connects up to the Treo automatically.

Redial works too.
    No one's tried the Sony Ericsson HBH-662 yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    UNBELIEVABLE! You would think that, of all the BT headsets in the world, the one that would work with the Treo 700 would be the Treo Wireless Headset (the old one). Wrong. It paired beautifully, and does connect quicker.

However, while on a call it emits 5 audible beeps in my ear every 20-30 seconds. Then, after 7 or 8 minutes, it simply stopped working. The 700 still showed the headset as conected, so I had to cancel it on screen. The headset would not connect again until powering down, then back up again. And then it did it again. Unbelievable.

Edit: Er, maybe I'm just a moron and my headset battery needed to be charged (which I'm doing now). I haven't used it since my 650 broke 6 weeks ago. I'll try again after charging.
    Yeah, I'm just a moron. The old TWH works great, even better than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase
    Yes, I'm really happy with them. Look, for 7 bucks, just go to your local Radio Shack, and try them. And if you don't like them, return it.
    I bought the gels and they are so damn big (and don't fit so well on the original ear piece) that it makes the JX-10 much less pocketable.

I prefer just jamming the ear piece that is already on the device into my ear and taking a chance that it will come out at times. It's just so compact in it's original state without adding a gel.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    if I haven't used the 510 in a while, I have to press the button on it, to connect to the Treo first (light headphone display). Then press it again to connect to phone call.

Is this for making or answering calls (or both)?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    I just picked up a pair of Nokia BH-200 Bluetooth headsets on the BestBuy deal. I charged the battery and then tried to pair it with my 700p. No dice. It seems to find it OK on the 700p either when I go through the Hands-Free setup or I go through Trusted Devices and choose "add". However, as soon as I select it and click "OK", I immediately get the message back "Unable to connect to BH-200. Try again?" No matter how many times I try, it doesn't work.

Oh well, good thing I didn't pay much for them!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I had the same message with my Treo 700P and the Jabra JX10. I did a soft reset on the Treo and was able to get the JX10 paired perfectly.
    Last edited by Bimmer14; 06/04/2006 at 10:12 PM.
    I stand CORRECTED! Thanks Bimmer14! I did a soft reset and it paired without problems! Now, we'll see if I get the same "dropping" behavior as others have experienced.

But I'm one step closer with my $8 headset! Woot!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I'm glad it worked for you, good luck on the dropping behavior.
    I have a Jabra 250 that works fine (but has lousy sound quality -- constantly with static even when the phone is held just 12" away), but sadly, my Logitech Mobile Freedom -- which rocked on the 650 -- does not function properly on the 700.

I have successfully paired the phone with a Mercedes E320 sedan's built in bluetooth hands-free.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amasih
    I stand CORRECTED! Thanks Bimmer14! I did a soft reset and it paired without problems! Now, we'll see if I get the same "dropping" behavior as others have experienced.

But I'm one step closer with my $8 headset! Woot!
    Let us know how it works after a few days; I've got 2 on order and they're supposed to ship in 1-2 weeks. If they don't work I'll cancel the order. Thanks for your notes!
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    my favorite and most comfortable fitting headset (for me), the Nokia BH-800 sadly doesn't work with my 700p, it worked alright on the 650. i get constant static, especially when I'm near my computer.

It's a shame. Now I have to try the JX10 from jabra.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbdaigo
    Well, I paired my SE HBH-610 and everything worked great. The 700p is different in that there is a light green headset when nothing is happening on the headset and phone then dark blue when there is conversation going on. BUT, I turn bluetooth off on the phone when I donít want it to go to the headset and then it wonít pair again! I have unpaired and repaired, all I get is the light green headset icon - all listening must be done on the phone. The fix - HARD RESET - this is really a drag - Sooo Sooo

Has anyone out there turned bluetooth off and then on and everything work fine?

Thanks

PS: WOW, the battery on bluetooth drains fast.
    I have a 610, too, and have had issues, but not the same as yours. I've turned bluetooth off on the 700 and then back on and did not have to re-pair it. I do have an issue with the connection dropping after a while of no activity. All I have to do when a call comes in is hit the button on the headset and it will connect, even if it isn't ringing along with the phone.

I think what is happening is the difference between the bluetooth symbol and the headphones is the same as the light blue and dark blue symbols on the 650. The 700 appears to stay connected way too long after a call ends, which is what I bet is causing the battery drain, and once it finally does end the connection, it doesn't reopen a connection for the next call.

At least on the 610 I know that if the connection doesn't initiate automatically, I can do it myself by hitting the button on the headset. The call is automatically transferred once this is done. It just takes about 3 seconds longer than when the connection is maintained.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the following headsets are working with the 700p:

Jabra BT250 (Palm Branded): this headset was terrible w/ the T650 due to too much static. I really liked the volume, however. Does anyone have this headset w/ a 700p who can report on static?

Palm Treo Heaset: I bought this one to replace the BT250 because it had much better sound quality. The problem with it has been terrible volume, however, using the T650.

Ideally, I'd like to use one of these headsets and get decent sound quality, but - most importantly - VOLUME! I walk around NYC with the headset in my ear, and I can barely hear a thing when using it.

Thanks a bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by freakfarm
    I bought the gels and they are so damn big (and don't fit so well on the original ear piece) that it makes the JX-10 much less pocketable.

I prefer just jamming the ear piece that is already on the device into my ear and taking a chance that it will come out at times. It's just so compact in it's original state without adding a gel.
    To each their own.

By the way, I've recently come across different versions of the Jabra ear gels, and some fit perfectly on the JX-10 (after you remove the black rubber ring on the speaker). And I've also seen other versions that don't fit well at all. YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    Bean,

IMHO, you want one that does NOT need ear clips. There seems to be only two reasonable choices out there right now: the Jabra JX-10 with the optional Ear Gels or the Plantronics Discovery 645. Neither of these setups would interfere with your glasses. One more BT headset that would work that's coming up soon: the Motorola H5 Miniblue.
    Yeah, I too was waiting for the H5 Miniblue, until I read the estimated talk time per charge: 1.5 hours! I'd be recharging it all day. I guess that's the tradeoff when you go as small as this thing is.

That's what closed the deal for me with the JX-10: 6 hours talk time. The 645 is 3 hours estimated talk time with DSP, and 6 hours with DSP turned off.
    Okay guys....i have the newest headset to add to the fray. I have been using it for about 24 hours now, and it is fantastic. It pairs easily, it stays paired (for going on 18 hours now), sounds great to me, and outgoing voice is pretty damn good. Not as perfect as the old SE 300 (but i don't even know if that one works with the 700P), but pretty damn good. Has DSP, 8 hours of talk time and 180 hours of standby. I can't say enough good things, and it has an extending microphone boom to help with voice clarity. It's a little bigger thant he Plantronics 640 i've been using, and undoubtedly bgiger than the Jabra too, but i love it.

Check out hte Nokia BH-900. I got it at Best Buy for $119 because i needed it right away, but you may be able to find it cheaper online. So far, i couldn't be happier. It seems to handle the 700P's BT implementation just fine. It's loud enough, it rings in your ear, last number redial works, answering from the headset works, and in fact is pretty cool. When it rings, all you have to do is extend the mouthpiece, and it answers. Close it up again, and it hangs up. Definitley worth it for those willing. It has a flexible over hte ear hook, which may or may not be comfortable for everyone, but after wearing it for abotu 4 horus yesterday, i can't complain at all about any discomfort - YMMV.

Check it out: http://www.mobileburn.com/gallery.js...6&source=EVENT
    FWIW, My Moto HS820 has been working without a hitch with the Sprint 700p.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase
    Yeah, I too was waiting for the H5 Miniblue, until I read the estimated talk time per charge: 1.5 hours! I'd be recharging it all day. I guess that's the tradeoff when you go as small as this thing is.

That's what closed the deal for me with the JX-10: 6 hours talk time. The 645 is 3 hours estimated talk time with DSP, and 6 hours with DSP turned off.
    Hmmm, the blurb from Motorola quotes 7.5 hours of talk time for the Mininblue:

"This petite powerhouse packs in battery power so powerful - you can chat wire free for up to approximately 7.5 hours using the included portable charging base."

Oops - I failed to read the caveat "using the included portable charging base"....

I love the comments on Engadget:
    --------------------
    "I think they mean you'll own it for 7.5 hours before you either step on it accidentally or it slides down into your brain."

"Excellent! Now we will have absolutly no way of telling if the guy yammering to himself in the car next to yours is talking on his phone, or just lost his marbles. This is going to lead to many incidents of people dropping quarters in the coffee cups of business executives sitting outside enjoying lunch.

And yet I desire one."

"...I'm sure it'll still blink blue bright enough to divert planes like all of the other Motorola headsets."
    -----------------------
    Last edited by stuartr; 06/06/2006 at 09:51 AM.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast