Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu
    wait till tomorrow ;0 ... you will probably suffer from the "headphone icon answer call via headset no sound through headset" glitch O_x
    I'm not so sure this is happening to all 700p units with JX-10's. For example, I've been using this combo for 2 days now, with zero problems either inbound, outbound, or while using EVDO. However, the first 700p I received from Palm had extremely problematic BT, and wouldn't pair with my JX-10 or 645. I ended up returning it, and buying another 700p for less through Sprint retentions.

So until my current 700p begins to show problems, I'm beginning to think it's a QA problem with certain units leaving the factory.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    Well, I took your advice, and bought the JX-10 and Jabra MiniGels. They had more than one set of Jabra Ear Gels.....I hope I got the right ones. Actually, looking at your description now I think I got the wrong ones. The other Ear Gels seemed very large.
    These are the ones I am using with my JX-10:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Yeah....I went and got those just now at Radio Shack.....thanks!

Second mini-review: took the JX-10 on a drive. While everyone reported clear speech, it was muted and far away compared to a quiet room. People on handsfree carkits had trouble hearing me at times. I could hear everyone perfectly. No problems with dropped calls.

I wonder, though, if a bone induction headset would work better, like the Motorola H5 Miniblue:

http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/pro...alObjectId=133
    Last edited by dcpmark; 06/03/2006 at 08:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase
    These are the ones I am using with my JX-10:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20
    are you really happy with them? because all the amazon reviews say that they split and/or break so it worries me to get these. are there other kinds of earbuds/earjels out there that are of better quality??
    Yes, I'm really happy with them. Look, for 7 bucks, just go to your local Radio Shack, and try them. And if you don't like them, return it.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase
    Yes, I'm really happy with them. Look, for 7 bucks, just go to your local Radio Shack, and try them. And if you don't like them, return it.
    thanks.

i got slammed last time i asked about this but if i'm about to put over $120 into a bluetooth headset i'm brave enough to ask again. what about these ear holders and a user who wears glasses? are any of these bluetooth sets more comfie than the other? be kind. be very kind.
    I'm having problems with my HBH-600. I paired in once and it worked fine. Now, neither incoming calls or outgoing calls are picked up by the headset. Hmm...
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Bean,

IMHO, you want one that does NOT need ear clips. There seems to be only two reasonable choices out there right now: the Jabra JX-10 with the optional Ear Gels or the Plantronics Discovery 645. Neither of these setups would interfere with your glasses. One more BT headset that would work that's coming up soon: the Motorola H5 Miniblue.
    Last edited by dcpmark; 06/03/2006 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    Bean,

IMHO, you want one that does NOT need ear clips. There seems to be only two reasonable choices out there right now: the Jabra JX-10 with the optional Ear Gels or the Plantronics Discovery 645. Neither of these setups would interfere with your glasses. One more BT headset that would work that coming up soon: the Motorola H5 Miniblue.
    many thanks.
    To reset your Voyager 510, follow the instructions on Plantronics' Knowledge Base:

http://plantronics.custhelp.com/cgi-...i=&p_topview=1

I have my discoverable / visible. Once I paired, I could switch between visible and not and the 510 still worked for me. When it seemed like the 510 got disconnected or the 700P dropped the connection, all I had to do was press the call answer on the 510 to restore the connection.
    my jx10 worked get for the first day. Then it would pick the call up but no sound would come through. I just tried it again and it worked get with one call and now has totally messed my phone up. When I place a call the call goes through with no sound through the phone or the headset. I had to turn the bluetooth off and turn the phone off and on again to get the phone to work. I give up on the xj10. Is it the phone or the headset?
    Another day for me with my JX-10, more calls, and still no problems.

And now that Palm is saying the JX-10 is supported with the 700p, I'm beginning to believe it's a QA issue with certain phones (like the defective 700p I first had, which I returned).

Either that, or it's some freak circumstance where a combo of certain 3rd party apps being installed is causing problems with BT on the 700p.
    My BT from my Palm ordered device works....except that it won't keep the connection open. I'm tempted to try a JX-10 and see what happens, but if it really is a phone issue, than what????

My plantronics 640 has done me so well up until now. That being said, its not charging properly anymore, so it may be on its last legs anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    My BT from my Palm ordered device works....except that it won't keep the connection open. I'm tempted to try a JX-10 and see what happens, but if it really is a phone issue, than what????

My plantronics 640 has done me so well up until now. That being said, its not charging properly anymore, so it may be on its last legs anyway.
    Well, given that you'd probably want to know if you have a defective phone BEFORE the 14 day return policy is up, versus afterwards, I'd go pick up a JX-10 at your local Best Buy, and see how it works for a few days with your 700p.

If it works fine, you can always pick up a JX-10 for less money via searching on pricegrabber.com, and return the JX-10 at Best Buy within 30 days.

In either case, I wouldn't wait.
    Agreed....but isn't there a 30 day return with Palm (particularly if its defective)?

I may try and get to a best buy today, if not, certainly tomorrow.
  16. nwr
    I read your reply and thankyou. After phone is in standby for about 10-15 minutes I get 1 beep than another beep than phone will not transfer calls to headset even though in pref.>wireless I have it to answer after 2 rings. How to I get 510 to commnicate again before phone rings and I have to anwer thru phone instead of 510? Also, when you to to 700p screen than click on bluetooth icon the word bluetooth comes up in the upper left corner and says"Disable device name cache" which means that device name cache is enabled. Is that what your last setting says?
    thanks
    Nokia BH-200 Bluetooth headset - $9.99 at Bestbuy.com - Free Shipping

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1140394452584

It's $59.99 with a $50 instant rebate. Some stores may have it, but none in the DFW (Texas) area had them. I also noticed that I got free shpping and when I added 2 to the cart, the price dropped to $15.98 (~$8 each).

Don't know how this will work with my 700p, but for the price, I can give it as a gift it if doesn't.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Nokia BH-200 Bluetooth headset
    Thanks for the link; for $8 it was worth a shot, so I picked two up myself! Looking forward to testing it out, giving one away as a gift (or selling it on eBay.)
    Last edited by Fofer; 06/04/2006 at 10:48 AM.
    just another jx10 follow up.... 2 days after my first recharge and no reoccuring issues.... anyone still having trouble, charge it. good luck
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    Agreed....but isn't there a 30 day return with Palm (particularly if its defective)?

I may try and get to a best buy today, if not, certainly tomorrow.
    Well, it's 14 days from the day of activation. Here's the text from Palm:

"NOTE: If you purchase your product directly from palmOne.com, you may return it at your expense within 30 days from shipment as long as it is in good condition. We will refund the purchase price of your product (including tax). Your original shipping and handling costs will not be refunded.

T-Mobile and Sprint require that Treo smartphones purchased with service activation be returned within 14 days of activation in order to avoid service plan cancellation fees, with the following guidelines:

Sprint-mobile phone service is considered activated when the new owner calls Sprint to turn on the phone."

So you can certainly tell them its defective, but why wait and see what they say at that point? I'd keep it simple, by just picking up a JX-10 now, see if your phone is or isn't problematic, and if it is, just do a return of the phone to Palm.

Then you can order another unit from Sprint retentions, at an even cheaper price.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast