Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by danomighty
    You can use the Motorola HT820 as a phone headset with the 700p's built in BT HandsFree setup. The stereo headphone functionality however will not work without add on software. Softicks Audio Gateway doesn't work yet with the 700p from my test but I expect they will address this with a fix.
    Can you please tell me what software I need for this?
    Well...after using the plantronics live support chat, I figured out my probelm with the 510 not pairing. I wan't doing things right. Apparently once it has been paired, you need to do a seperate action to pair with anohter device.

The action is:

Hold down the + button and press the talk button until the light flashes blue/red
    Then try pairing. Worked for me the first time.

Hope this helps someone else.
    Well, I paired my SE HBH-610 and everything worked great. The 700p is different in that there is a light green headset when nothing is happening on the headset and phone then dark blue when there is conversation going on. BUT, I turn bluetooth off on the phone when I donít want it to go to the headset and then it wonít pair again! I have unpaired and repaired, all I get is the light green headset icon - all listening must be done on the phone. The fix - HARD RESET - this is really a drag - Sooo Sooo

Has anyone out there turned bluetooth off and then on and everything work fine?

Thanks

PS: WOW, the battery on bluetooth drains fast.
    yeah looks like same headaches
    as 650. Just with a new flavor!!
    what about the Sony Ericsson HBH-300?

Do you believe that it's 2006.... we're talking about the long awaited.... drumroll please....... TREO 700 bumbumbaaaaaaa!

... and oh yeah, this latest palm product... yeah um... they still can't get bluetooth to work like a typical $100 cheapo cellphone.

LOLOL.

even the fanboys are getting fed up.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst
    For anyone looking for a relatively inexpensive option, the Motorola H500 works without any issues.
    Thanks for the tip. I picked one up today, and it works just fine. I had a Treo-branded headset, but it seemed to pick up more static and at least one person said he was getting an echo. No issues with the H500.

I was also pleasantly surprised to discover that the redial feature works. I have Sprint Voice Command on my account, and using redial to do another "* send" lets me leave the phone in its case and voice dial.
    Apple iPhone, Apple Bluetooth
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I've narrowed my choices to these two headsets. It is my understanding that the Plantronics does not require the earclip, and can be just placed in the ear. Can the JX-10 function this way, or does it require the earclip? I don't need to keep this thing next to my ear all day long.....I just want to be able to keep the headset in my pocket and stick it in my ear when I get a phone call. It seems it would be much quicker and easier to do this if you don't have use an earclip to get the headset to stay.

TIA
    Besides SAG, any other software allows for the Motorola ht820 stereo
    headphones to work with the treo700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad
    The HBH-660 mostly works.
    I'm having some trouble with this one. The headset keeps losing the calls and it seldomly picks up the call automatically (without me pressing the button)???

Anybody else having trouble with this one.

I guess I may just buy the JX10. At least with this phone upgrade I've been able to keep all my other accessories that I had with the 650.

k
    As I've mentioned in another thread a few weeks ago, I highly recommend JX-10 users spend the $7 for a set of ear jels (comes with 3 left and 3 right in small, med, and large), as the ear jel:

- fits perfectly onto the JX-10 (no glue needed), once you remove the small protective black rubber ring that sits on the JX-10 speaker
    - provides a quick on & off removal from your ear (no wrapping of ear clip around your ear)
    - for me, provides a much more "secure feeling" fit as it doesn't bob around on my ear versus how it rests on my ear with the ear clip
    - works much better versus the ear clip, when wearing sunglasses
    - provides a much better incoming sound, since your "piping" the audio directly into your ear canal, versus having the tiny speaker sitting outside of your ear canal
    - likewise, the default audio level of the JX-10 is "loud enough" when using the JX-10, whereas with the ear clip, I found myself always turning up the volume on the headset.
    - means you can pocket the headset, and not worry about breaking or detaching the fragile earclip

Overall, I think the JX-10 is the nicest unit out there, much like the Treonauts review has favored it over the other small headsets currently in the marketplace.
    http://blog.treonauts.com/hw_bt_headsets/index.html

The Plantronics 645 was a nice unit for me to try, but the JX-10 is much more "pocketable", better looking (from my perspective), doesn't flash a big "I AM BORG" blue light every few seconds, and has much longer talk and standby times versus the 645 (see the treonauts review).
    Last edited by headcase; 06/03/2006 at 11:27 AM.
    UNBELIEVABLE! You would think that, of all the BT headsets in the world, the one that would work with the Treo 700 would be the Treo Wireless Headset (the old one). Wrong. It paired beautifully, and does connect quicker.

However, while on a call it emits 5 audible beeps in my ear every 20-30 seconds. Then, after 7 or 8 minutes, it simply stopped working. The 700 still showed the headset as conected, so I had to cancel it on screen. The headset would not connect again until powering down, then back up again. And then it did it again. Unbelievable.

Edit: Er, maybe I'm just a moron and my headset battery needed to be charged (which I'm doing now). I haven't used it since my 650 broke 6 weeks ago. I'll try again after charging.
    Last edited by jaharr; 06/03/2006 at 12:56 PM.
    I just bought a Motorola H300. It works great, but shuts off after about 10-15 minutes while in standby mode, meaning that if a call comes in after the timeout, you won't be able to answer it by tapping the button.

I called Motorola's tech support and they think that I should swap it out for a new one where I bought it. Anyone else having an issue with the Motorola H300 BT headset?

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase
    As I've mentioned in another thread a few weeks ago, I highly recommend JX-10 users spend the $7 for a set of ear jels (comes with 3 left and 3 right in small, med, and large), as the ear jel:

- fits perfectly onto the JX-10 (no glue needed), once you remove the small protective black rubber ring that sits on the JX-10 speaker
    - provides a quick on & off removal from your ear (no wrapping of ear clip around your ear)
    - for me, provides a much more "secure feeling" fit as it doesn't bob around on my ear versus how it rests on my ear with the ear clip
    - works much better versus the ear clip, when wearing sunglasses
    - provides a much better incoming sound, since your "piping" the audio directly into your ear canal, versus having the tiny speaker sitting outside of your ear canal
    - likewise, the default audio level of the JX-10 is "loud enough" when using the JX-10, whereas with the ear clip, I found myself always turning up the volume on the headset.
    - means you can pocket the headset, and not worry about breaking or detaching the fragile earclip

Overall, I think the JX-10 is the nicest unit out there, much like the Treonauts review has favored it over the other small headsets currently in the marketplace.
    http://blog.treonauts.com/hw_bt_headsets/index.html

The Plantronics 645 was a nice unit for me to try, but the JX-10 is much more "pocketable", better looking (from my perspective), doesn't flash a big "I AM BORG" blue light every few seconds, and has much longer talk and standby times versus the 645 (see the treonauts review).
    Well, I took your advice, and bought the JX-10 and Jabra MiniGels. They had more than one set of Jabra Ear Gels.....I hope I got the right ones. Actually, looking at your description now I think I got the wrong ones. The other Ear Gels seemed very large.
    Got rid of my Plantornics 510 becuase it kept loosing the BT connection. Went to the Jabra BT500 and this one doesnt loose connection! Actually, I noticed it lost connection once, but somehow reconnected iteslf.

What's weird is that I was using the same Plantronics 510 for months on my PPC-6700 with no problems whatsoever! Perhaps the problem is in the 700p BT, not the individual headsets.
    The Palm Treo Bluetooth headset works fine including last number re-dial.
    Ugh... Plantronics 510 was working ok, then seemed to lose connection. Re-pairing fixed it, but then it stopped again. It seems like it is connected (Headphone symbol) instead of Bluetooth icon on the Treo 700p. When I make a phone call to voicemail, the sound never transfers to the headset. Tried pressing the headset button a bunch of times.

I can't believe they screwed up the Bluetooth on the Treo 700p. This is ridiculuous. Why can't palm get Bluetooth right??? I mean the 650 had issues, but after the firmware updates, it wasn't so bad. Now we are back to a whole new set of issues. I guess they got rid of the developers from the 650 and started from scratch.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Yay!! Short test of my new JX-10 pleases me so far. Paired the first time with no problem, sounds pretty good (small amount of background hiss during use), others say I sound great (although I hadn't tried it while driving), redial works perfectly, answer/end work great, charges via USB or A/C.....what more could a first-time BT headset user ask for??
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    Yay!! Short test of my new JX-10 pleases me so far. Paired the first time with no problem, sounds pretty good (small amount of background hiss during use), others say I sound great (although I hadn't tried it while driving), redial works perfectly, answer/end work great, charges via USB or A/C.....what more could a first-time BT headset user ask for??
    wait till tomorrow ;0 ... you will probably suffer from the "headphone icon answer call via headset no sound through headset" glitch O_x
    Everyone with Voyager 510, have you guys tried resetting your Voyager 510s before pairing with your 700P? I reset mine before pairing it the first time with my 700P and it works just fine.
  20. nwr
    What exactly do you do to reset the voyager? Does it still keep the connection after a few hours and if you turn your phone or headset off than on? Also, when you go into Bluetooth on the 700p you have bluetooth on, visability hidden and and when you click bluetooth on the phone in the upper left corner does it say "enabled". I am trying to get your settings to make sure mine are the same. My 510 stops transferring the calls to the headset after about 30 minutes.
    Thanks
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast