Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 181
  1.    #1  
    I've owned 7 different Palm Smartphones, including the 600 and 650. Although I am still happy about my upgrade, this is easily the most disappointing one ever -- very little new and lots of things rearranged for no apparent reason.

    But the thing I dislike the most is that the 700p seems much slower than the 650, in terms of launching and switching applications. It takes forever. I assume this is because of the extra memory but I thought a faster processor would compensate for that. It is much slower and a real pain in the a**.

    Ideas? Fixes?
  2. aldamon's Avatar
    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc
    I assume this is because of the extra memory but I thought a faster processor would compensate for that. It is much slower and a real pain in the a**.
    It doesn't have a faster processor.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    It doesn't have a faster processor.
    I was misinformed! Well so far I don't mind the 700p MINUS the damn useless (unlesss someone can explain) new button layout
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?


    [ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoskater
    I was misinformed! Well so far I don't mind the 700p MINUS the damn useless (unlesss someone can explain) new button layout
    ...now I don't know, but every person I've talked to says the 700p is much "snappier" when it comes to switching applications.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  5. #5  
    using online applications is SO MUCH faster than the 650.... I'm really happy with the upgrade, all online functions, checking email, browsing the web, on demand, sprint TV work VERY well.... no comparison to the 650 in this regards...
  6.    #6  
    Agree online is faster but switching between apps is slower for me. Maybe it is a Launcher X problem.
  7. #7  
    my mom told me that only loosers use launcher x ... zlaucher ownz u
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc
    Agree online is faster but switching between apps is slower for me. Maybe it is a Launcher X problem.
    Should not be. In launcher X, go to LAUNCHER X preference, and in "app refresh", choose "Ignore card". You may feel a little bit better now.

    But anyway, 700p SHOULD BE SHOWER than treo 650 because of the amount and structure of memory.

    Is treo 650 fast? Not at all, if you ever use T3.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

    Treo 750 hacks thread.
  9. #9  
    switching between hardware buttons is slower than 650 - I have Agendus and Chatter mapped to hard buttons - it takes 4-5 secs to go from one to the other.

    Also, while in Blazer, then exit out via another hard button, it takes 6-7 secs to change views.

    Vz 700p
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  10. #10  
    i have a sprint 700p and switching apps is at least 2x FASTER, this is coming from a t-mobile 650. Could everyone in this thread indicate with version 700p they are using (spring vs verizon)?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano
    my mom told me that only loosers use launcher x ... zlaucher ownz u
    What are you...12?
  12. #12  
    I'm assuming everyone's done a clean install on the 700p they are comparing?
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ...now I don't know, but every person I've talked to says the 700p is much "snappier" when it comes to switching applications.
    totally agree you can even tell the difference when loading up the pictures in your photo album so much faster than my 650 , and i have a crappy slow sandisk card
  14. #14  
    My 650 is also faster. Sprint 650 w/custom ROM vs. Sprint 700p with clean install. It also helps a bit that you can overclock the 650 but can't on the 700p.
  15. #15  
    I thought they had the same processor? The same version of PalmOS too, right? Wonder why overclocking doesn't work?
  16. #16  
    I have a Sprint Treo 700p and think it's much faster than my 650 was.
    Jimmie Geddes
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBergEB
    I thought they had the same processor? The same version of PalmOS too, right? Wonder why overclocking doesn't work?
    I thought the 700p had a 312 pxa272 while the 650 had a 312 pxa270. I could be wrong. Either way, overclocking works like crap on the 700p.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I have a Sprint Treo 700p and think it's much faster than my 650 was.
    Are you comparing treo 700p with treo 650 with the same load?
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

    Treo 750 hacks thread.
  19. #19  
    The 700p is much slower when deleting text with the delete key than the 650 is. Is there way to adjust this?
  20. #20  
    650 was definitely faster. The 700p takes forever to load some apps, and it frequently hangs on the phone screen after calls. It's also slower accessing the same card.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions