Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    I must have lucked out..
    Mine is fully loaded and WAY faster than my 650 EVER was.
    Couldn't be more pleased.
    The 700p is noticibly and agonizingly slower than the 650. I did a clean install. Besides the obvious white screens and pauses in between application changes, pBench reports:
    700p: Arithmetics 442%, Heap 355%, Data Access 533%, Graphics 963%
    650: 475%, 358%, 1002%, 1085%

Im not sending it back, but I hope Palm is listening and the first ROM upgrade fixes this.

Im not seeing any big improvement using EVDO either. Its noticable, but not dramatic as I would expect given the bandwith difference between standard and EVDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdoran
    The 700p is noticibly and agonizingly slower than the 650. I did a clean install. Besides the obvious white screens and pauses in between application changes, pBench reports:
    700p: Arithmetics 442%, Heap 355%, Data Access 533%, Graphics 963%
    650: 475%, 358%, 1002%, 1085%

Im not sending it back, but I hope Palm is listening and the first ROM upgrade fixes this.

Im not seeing any big improvement using EVDO either. Its noticable, but not dramatic as I would expect given the bandwith difference between standard and EVDO.
    maybepbench is slowing down your treo. I don't have it installed.
    There's also the possiblilty that pbench is not completely compatible and is giving inaccurate results.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I have a Sprint Treo 700p and think it's much faster than my 650 was.

Jimmie what about the lag when you come to the phone screen, there is definitely a lag! (or a short pause)
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I noticed a difference in speed after a hard reset. Especially in the phone app.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzan
    Good to hear. I'll try the same. I wonder what the app could be. I have a crapload.

I will have to 2nd that!!!
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    There's also the possiblilty that pbench is not completely compatible and is giving inaccurate results.
    I'd agree that's a possibility. If I didn't notice the slowdown THEN checked pbench. pbench corroborated what I noticed, not gave me the idea.

[quotemaybepbench is slowing down your treo. I don't have it installed.[/quote]

My treo was unbearably slow before installing pbench.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbodner
    I'd agree that's a possibility. If I didn't notice the slowdown THEN checked pbench. pbench corroborated what I noticed, not gave me the idea.

[quotemaybepbench is slowing down your treo. I don't have it installed.
    My treo was unbearably slow before installing pbench.[/QUOTE]

Hi dbonder !!

I think something is wrong. What are the internals after a hard reset when it is clean with just pbench added back? You may have a stinker. I would go to a store and compare with a floor model and proceed with an exchange if you deem it necessary.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomas316
    My phone was slow also, but after a softreset it would be fast again(scrolling on the home page was studdering,data rate was 1kb/sec). I narrowed it down to the SMS application, even after purging all messages, simply going into that app and then back out to any other app would cause everthing to slow down. Only a reboot would speed things up. So I cleaned up my contacts and it seems to have solved my problem. everythings speedy!

The phone is pretty slow on boot up too!!! We are beta testes again, sigh!!
    Clearing the blazer cache worked for me. It was taking 5-6 seconds to power up, 2-3 seconds to switch apps and scroll through favorites. Now the speed is about what I was used to with the 650.
    I had application switching performance issues, but disabling McPhling and Swordfish monitoring cleared it up.

(I really miss McPhling. But the delay was to much to bear.)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Or maybe the 700p is slower than the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy
    Any chance OnDemand is a factor? Seems to store up a lot of data. I'm going to delete all of the on demand files.
    I wonder if it's a default application running that's causing all the issues.

I never had any problems with Handmark Express with the treo 650? Been running it over a year with no problems. On Demand is the same program.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    I never had any problems with Handmark Express with the treo 650? Been running it over a year with no problems. On Demand is the same program.

Ditto.

(However, On Demand could be slightly different -- but I would not think enough different to do this.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi Coolstorm92 !!

What precisely is slow or slower than the 650? Many people have said it is much snappier. Did you upgrade from a 600 or 650 by just syncing to your userid or did you do the clean install?

Cheers, Perry.

Perry I did a clean install, I have not tested it with any performance software but it slower than our 650. Blazer seems faster but I am not in a EVDO area. Very slow boot ups
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    Perry I did a clean install, I have not tested it with any performance software but it slower than our 650. Blazer seems faster but I am not in a EVDO area. Very slow boot ups
    Interesting.

This not what the beta testers I talked to said. (Maybe we should ask for the models the beta testers used!! )

Cheers, Perry
    mine boots ups much faster than my 650
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Oh this is just way too sad. Look at all these people saying their 700p's are slow too. I have no idea what to do about this. The phone is basically perfect in every other way except it really is not worth 650 bucks to be this freaking slow. The verdict is this: there is no culprit app. I did clean install after clean install and saw my phone's performance GRADUALLY decline until it's just plain EMBARRASSING to show anyone. "Really cool phone, but, why is it so slow??" Right, if people are saying that they have loaded 700p's that are fast then I can't really think of anything else except a really defective batch of phones. Wether that be in the way the ROMs were loaded onto the phones or the actual hardware is too hard to tell, but one thing is certain: there are a bunch of unhappy customers with defective phones.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Interesting.

This not what the beta testers I talked to said. (Maybe we should ask for the models the beta testers used!! )

Cheers, Perry
    Beta testers are probably not power users. They probably used the phones stock and had a good experience overall. Or, I may be wrong...