Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My 700 is noticable faster when switching apps than my cingular 650 was.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    This is very bad! My 700p is also MUCH slower than my old 650. It is much slower at switching/opening apps. I did a comparison test using pBench and found that my 700p's data access percentage was WAY lower than my 650's. If anyone else has the 700p-sluggish problem you should try pBench and check your data access percentage. I'm very disappointed, Palm can NEVER get it right the first time.
    This is so strange, some people, inluding me feel that the 700p is much faster then the 650. Others are saying it's much slower. I wonder why such different experiences?
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 05/31/2006 at 09:44 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Something is definitely wrong. There must have been a bad batch–and I got one!
    Sprint 700P here and I agree it hangs when switching apps.

--my 650 was alot faster
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    we shouldn't put up with it. We should definitely send them back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    This is so stragne some people, inluding me feel that the 700p is much faster then the 650. Others are saying it's much slower. I wonder why such different experiences?

Trying to convince themselves not to get the 700p
    Actually, I thought the 650 cruised a litlle better from application to application. I bet its the added memory the 700p has to go through like a fragmented hard drive. Just a guess from a very lo-tech user.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    No man, look at my previous post. I did a side by side comparison. my 700p is much slower using pBench!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzan
    This is very bad! My 700p is also MUCH slower than my old 650. It is much slower at switching/opening apps. I did a comparison test using pBench and found that my 700p's data access percentage was WAY lower than my 650's. If anyone else has the 700p-sluggish problem you should try pBench and check your data access percentage. I'm very disappointed, Palm can NEVER get it right the first time.
    Was you 650 overclocked? Can you try loading PXAClocker v5.1 and overclocking to 468mHz (turbo x3.0) and then running pBench?
    Well I'm not sending anything back. If I battled thru that horrendous GSM model of the 650, this is nothing. There will ALWAYS be complaints, even if it was slower by a millisecond. The benefits of this outweighs any issues. I mean, after all, it's been a bit over 24 hours and people already have the torches and pitchforks marching towards Palm's headquarters. We all knew that the 1st batch would have issues and that we would be the tech support. Let's just take it on!
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Was you 650 overclocked? Can you try loading PXAClocker v5.1 and overclocking to 468mHz (turbo x3.0) and then running pBench?
    Yes, I just did that and I'm getting faster speeds. But what does that mean? Doesn't it mean that my 700p's machine is slower anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    It's also slower accessing the same card.
    This I have noticed, launching powerrun apps is definately taking longer than my 650 with the hacked fat32.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    most 12yr olds I know have a better grasp of the English language than that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    What are you...12?
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano
    my mom told me that only loosers use launcher x ... zlaucher ownz u
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    Well I'm not sending anything back. If I battled thru that horrendous GSM model of the 650, this is nothing. There will ALWAYS be complaints, even if it was slower by a millisecond. The benefits of this outweighs any issues. I mean, after all, it's been a bit over 24 hours and people already have the torches and pitchforks marching towards Palm's headquarters. We all knew that the 1st batch would have issues and that we would be the tech support. Let's just take it on!
    Dude, I'm sorry, but if your 700p was as slow as mine you'd throw it out the window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzan
    Yes, I just did that and I'm getting faster speeds. But what does that mean? Doesn't it mean that my 700p's machine is slower anyway?
    What I'm wondering is what numbers you get for the 700p stock, 650 stock and 650 overclocked to 468.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    What I'm wondering is what numbers you get for the 700p stock, 650 stock and 650 overclocked to 468.
    700p with a bunch of programs, Arithmetics: 452, Heap, 355, Data 553, Graphics, 975,
    650 with a bunch of programs, Arithimetics: 475, Heap 359, Data 707, Graphics 917
    650 overclocked to 312, Arithmetics 475, Heap 358, Data 852, Graphics 917

Haven't compared them stock yet, but I imagine a program is doing this
    Last edited by Chazzan; 06/01/2006 at 04:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    I'm assuming everyone's done a clean install on the 700p they are comparing?
    I hadn't, and I guess something got on there that was slowing things down, because I was seeing multisecond app-switch times, and even a delay of 1-2 seconds when I tried to turn the screen on.

I just did a hard reset and WOW it's faster. I guess I'll be adding apps back one by one.

I know, I should have done it this way in the first place.

/jgt
    I think that's probably the issue, a clean install, it's probably a 3rd party app causing this. Some of us have faster ones, some have slower ones. I installed apps one by one. My 700p is definitely faster than my 650 was.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Everyone should have automatically (especially everyone on here who knows better) did each program one by one vs. loading up a backup program or Hotsync. I uninstalled the old version of Palm Hotsync, I manually deleted the Palm folder and everything on my comp to make this smooth. It was a pain, believe me, because I have Resco Backup and could have just loaded everything in seconds. But I think that it's working better because of that. So like Jay said, do a hard reset and reload, then report back here. I hope that was the issue and nothing more serious.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Good to hear. I'll try the same. I wonder what the app could be. I have a crapload.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast