Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    My problem is that I'm only getting sound out of one earpiece on my two-piece headset.

    I was listening to pocket tunes on a cheap headset with a 2.5 mm jack and they were working fine. Then one of the earpieces cutout and I figured they simply failed because they were cheap, so I threw the pair away and bought a nice Plantronics headset w/ 2.5mm jack. Well, only one earpiece was working on this, as well.

    Sprint doesn't feel it's a hardware issue and I don't know what else to try. This is not a software problem, as it happens in the Pics & Video software, too. I performed a search for this issue and there is an Audio Problems link at the top of this board, but it only seemed to address the issue if you're getting no sound at all. My problem is sound out of only one earpiece.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

    Kevin
  2. #2  
    hey Kevin,
    I'm having the same problem... I have a Seidio stereo headset and the sound only comes out 1 ear now... It used to work perfectly then all of a sudden it only came out of 1 ear... Hopefully someone will have an answer...
  3. #3  
    almost certainly a bad jack.
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  4.    #4  
    My brother took my Treo into the Sprint store yesterday to check on the problem, as this phone is under warranty. The Sprint guys ended up opening up a brand new 650 and they claimed sound only came out of one channel on that, too using stereo earbuds. So, they would not replace the unit under warranty.

    What arguement do I have? I can only imagine they tried to make a phone call or something, but phone calls don't come through both channels on earbuds, do they? Am I supposed to suggest to them to use it on Realplayer, which I believe the stock phones already have?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by keving
    My brother took my Treo into the Sprint store yesterday to check on the problem, as this phone is under warranty. The Sprint guys ended up opening up a brand new 650 and they claimed sound only came out of one channel on that, too using stereo earbuds. So, they would not replace the unit under warranty.

    What arguement do I have? I can only imagine they tried to make a phone call or something, but phone calls don't come through both channels on earbuds, do they? Am I supposed to suggest to them to use it on Realplayer, which I believe the stock phones already have?
    Don't take their BS!!!
    I, and many others, have had their phone replaced under warranty due to the defective headphone jack.

    Your argument is that this is a known defect with the 650 hardware. Do a search elsewhere on this forum and see. Not replacing it under warranty is ridiculous. The Sprint guys your brother dealt with are morons. The audio jack works in stereo, when playing a stereo signal, period.

    Go back yourself and get it exchanged, go as far up the chain as you have to, including making a big stink with the store manager.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink
    Don't take their BS!!!
    I, and many others, have had their phone replaced under warranty due to the defective headphone jack.

    Your argument is that this is a known defect with the 650 hardware. Do a search elsewhere on this forum and see. Not replacing it under warranty is ridiculous. The Sprint guys your brother dealt with are morons. The audio jack works in stereo, when playing a stereo signal, period.

    Go back yourself and get it exchanged, go as far up the chain as you have to, including making a big stink with the store manager.
    I have replaced my treo 650 specifically for a defective headphone jack too.
  7. #7  
    The plantronics headset might be incorrect for the Treo. You need to make sure whatever hedset you try works with the new-in-box 650.

    use an adapter with normal 3.5 stereo headsets, if it fails, the jack is bad.
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    The plantronics headset might be incorrect for the Treo. You need to make sure whatever hedset you try works with the new-in-box 650.

    use an adapter with normal 3.5 stereo headsets, if it fails, the jack is bad.
    You make an interesting point. Will only certain stereo earbuds work with the 650? I went to Palm.com and saw under the accessories area that there is only ONE earbud that features stereo sound and mic that will work with 650.

    Am I nuts? I just find that unbelievable. Is everyone on this board who uses their device as an MP3 using only one stereo earbud w/ mic?

Posting Permissions