1.    #1  
    Good afternoon:

I have a philosophical objection to paying for a capital asset with a credit card, and usually just pay cash for them.

Question - if I ordered a Treo 700p from Sprint, through Retentions, will they allow me to pay by 'telecheck,' i.e. directly from my bank account?

YoungTurk
    Sprint sucks on payment. What a disaster. Tried buying a 700p from them the other day. They wouldn't take my credit card b/c billing address and shipping address don't match -- even if your shipping address is authorized alternative address on credit card file. I've been a customer for 6 years. So I called a Palm Store and bought it over the phone. I can't think of any other company with such a stupid credit card policy. I buy stuff all the time online without this hassle, from companies that have never heard of me. I've been a customer of Sprint for 6 years, and they won't take my credit card.
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc
    Sprint sucks on payment. What a disaster. Tried buying a 700p from them the other day. They wouldn't take my credit card b/c billing address and shipping address don't match -- even if your shipping address is authorized alternative address on credit card file. I've been a customer for 6 years. So I called a Palm Store and bought it over the phone. I can't think of any other company with such a stupid credit card policy. I buy stuff all the time online without this hassle, from companies that have never heard of me. I've been a customer of Sprint for 6 years, and they won't take my credit card.
    Yea, they won't let me make credit card payments on my bill either online or in the store because the billing address for my debit card (my home address) doesn't match the billing address for my account (a P.O. box). What a hassle.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungTurk
    Good afternoon:

I have a philosophical objection to paying for a capital asset with a credit card, and usually just pay cash for them.

Question - if I ordered a Treo 700p from Sprint, through Retentions, will they allow me to pay by 'telecheck,' i.e. directly from my bank account?

YoungTurk
    Why don't you just use a "check card" from your bank which debits your account, but acts as a visa or mastercard to a retailer? It's cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungTurk
    Good afternoon:

YoungTurk

Yes, they should accept that. They take payments over the phone for monthly bills that way. I don't see why not for a phone...
  6.    #6  
    Update to my own post:

Called Retentions directly. First offered the phone for $429. I turned it down. Then said they could match, in fact beat, Verizon's offer, by selling it to me for $379, if I reupped my K for 2 years. Accepted the offer. Chose the mid level Power Visiion plan for $20. Paid by check, debiting my bank account directly. No muss, no fuss. Shipping today, delivery by Friday by UPS with tracking number.

YoungTurk