Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to get Gloonet to work on their 700? I know alot of folks like Orb better, but I just use it for audio and I like the Gloonet UI better. Whenever I try to stream a file over Gloonet, I get a message in pTunes that it is an invalid format.
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    Has anyone been able to get Gloonet to work on their 700? I know alot of folks like Orb better, but I just use it for audio and I like the Gloonet UI better. Whenever I try to stream a file over Gloonet, I get a message in pTunes that it is an invalid format.
    I put an inquiry to gloonet. They have noted similar problems with gloonet playlists on the 700p. They said they could get ptunes to play an inidividual song, but not a playlist. I can't get either to work. I get the following error "Unable to load playlist. Invalid HTTP response"
    Anyone have any luck with this? I have Orb installed, but I'm not sure that the next and previous buttons work...with Gloonet, I could switch songs relatively quickly and I'd love to see how fast it would be with EVDO.

I haven't tried it out yet myself...going to tonight.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Gloonet works for me on my 700, but i haven't tried anything other then regular old mp3
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Gloonet is also not working for me. It's a shame because I prefer being able to use the next/previous buttons (which I haven't been able to do with Orb).

For some reason, the 700p opens up kinoma instead of ptunes when I try to start a playlist in gloonet. I remember reading somewhere that if you install the upgraded ptunes version, it will take over the streaming functionality. I don't really want to purchase a new ptunes version, but I may install a trial of the deluxe version just to see if it fixes the problem. I'll keep you updated if it does.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    For those that use iTunes, you can also try out myTunesRSS, which I've gotten to run and stream MP3's successfully. It will even stream video, but the video was coming over so choppy that it wasn't usable for that. I've had problems getting it to work with pTunes, though. I had their latest one installed and it tried to load it in pTunes but pTunes wouldn't play it. I then downgraded pTunes and it started coming up in Kinoma, which DID play the files successfully. I've been talking with Normsoft to see if we can resolve the problem with it not streaming myTunesRSS, but so far there hasn't been any headway...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Gloonet works for me on my 700, but i haven't tried anything other then regular old mp3
    are you playing your gloonet stream with kinoma or with ptunes. When I first tried to use gloonet, I was able to get kinoma to play the gloonet stream. Then I upgraded my ptunes to the deluxe version, but that didn't work. I uninstalled ptunes deluxe, but then kinoma wouldn't work either.
    Well, I also cannot get Gloonet to work on my 700p. I've tried all 3 playlist settings (PLS, M3U, and ASX), and clicking on a song opens Pocket Tunes Deluxe, but I keep getting the "Invalid HTTP response~Unable to load playlist" error message. Argh. ink883, please let us know what you did to get this to work.

I'll be sending a question to the Gloonet folks as well.
    I'm using GlooNet successfully with my 700p and Pocket Tunes Deluxe.

As stated, GlooNet works for me with individual songs, but not playlists, but that doesn't matter... if you want to play the contents of a directory, just navigate to that in the browser and click on the little play arrow icon for the folder instead of a particular song. You will be able to move skip with the d-pad just like it was based on a playlist. Only thing is that you have to live with the order of tracks within the folder instead of custom playlists.

That's good enough for me, and I'm loving it!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ephman
    are you playing your gloonet stream with kinoma or with ptunes. When I first tried to use gloonet, I was able to get kinoma to play the gloonet stream. Then I upgraded my ptunes to the deluxe version, but that didn't work. I uninstalled ptunes deluxe, but then kinoma wouldn't work either.
    I will try and double check (I have been streaming in shoutcast lately), but as i remember blazer would open the console where i could then select to open pocket tunes. But normally i would keep blazer open.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    I did a hard reset and reinstalled pocket tune 3.1.5 with the deluxe reg code. Gloonet now works just fine, including individual files and playlists.
    So after about a day of gloonet/ptunes working, I got the same "Unable to load playlist..." error. To fix this, I cleared the cookies and cache within Blazer which seems to fix this problem. However, clearing the cache and cookies means the bitrate on the streaming is 32kbs. If I try to change the bitrate, ptunes goes back to the "unable to load" error. Changing the bitrate back to 32kbs doesn't fix the problem. You have to clear the cookies/cache again to get it to work again, but of course you are back to a bitrate of 32.

Also, sometimes ptunes will only play 1 song and then says it can't connect when getting to the next song in the playlist. Restarting the gloonet connection seems to fix that problem. We shall see how long it takes before I have do this all over again.
    ephman,

Thanks for your input. Am I reading correctly and understanding that you only get Gloonet to work at 32kbps?
    Quote Originally Posted by grim02
    ephman,

Thanks for your input. Am I reading correctly and understanding that you only get Gloonet to work at 32kbps?
    so far, yes. Wasn't a problem on my 650.
    When using xiino as a browser, i cant even change the bitrate. When going to the setup page, it doesn't remember the login name and says there is an error, guest doesn't have permission or something like that.

In Blazer, the first time you go to the setting page, you get the same guest permission error. If you re-log in, you can get to the settings page and change the bitrate, but then ptunes gives the unable to load playlist error.

Also, when it does work, ptunes plays the first song twice, then goes to the next song.
    Quote Originally Posted by ephman
    When using xiino as a browser, i cant even change the bitrate. When going to the setup page, it doesn't remember the login name and says there is an error, guest doesn't have permission or something like that.

In Blazer, the first time you go to the setting page, you get the same guest permission error. If you re-log in, you can get to the settings page and change the bitrate, but then ptunes gives the unable to load playlist error.

Also, when it does work, ptunes plays the first song twice, then goes to the next song.
    Yeah, same problems here with Xiino. This worked great on my 650 before, I was able to go to the next track no problem, but now on my 700 I just can't get this to work correctly.

I did hear back from a Gloonet person today, here was there reply:

"Thanks for your email.

Yes, there are reports that Pocket Tunes is not working 100% on the
    700p. I am in touch with the Normsoft team and working to find a fix.
    I'll let you know as soon as we have something.

Regards,

nate"

Nice to hear back from them and to know they're working on it. I'll be sure to post if I hear anything.
    Well, I installed Pocket Tunes 3.1.5 deluxe version. Now I can get Pocket Tunes to open, but I get dreaded "unable to load playlist" error even when trying to open individual songs. Clearing the cache/cookies in blazer did not fix it.
    That's where I am too. I wish I could skip tracks using Orb and Kinoma (and that there wasn't such a long lag between songs) - then I'd have a good alternative. I wonder if they'll fix that functionality.
    i did a hard reset because of some of the lag problems people described here. i was very reluctant since i did not want to start over. i created a new hotsync name and installed programs one at a time. i really wanted to believe that all the problems required an update from palm. I WAS WRONG. the hard reset and rename of hotsync name fixed all my lag issues and not all of a suddent gloonet plays thru kinoma.it was a pain but i think worth it. it was said on the forums again and again to do a clean install and i should have listened. by the way this is for 700p with a mac by way of missing sync

good luck to all!!!
    In my last email with Ptunes support, they blame the problem on gloonet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast