1.    #1  
    I did it! I did it! After looking at the deal that pobox had on eBay for a 700p ($279 for adding a new line of service), I finally got up the nerve to call Sprint to see what deal they could give me. There were a few obstacles to overcome, though.

First, I didn't know it, but my wife and I, who have had this account open since 2000 and have been Sprint customers since 1998, were still on a spending limit! At the time when we set up the account we were in the process of repairing our credit due to some bills that went into collections when my wife was in college (undergrad). Understandable. But since we've had this account we have been on time and our credit has improved cosiderably. Onto my story...

The first woman I spoke with was clueless. I told her I wanted the spending limit removed to which she claimed that couldn't be done under any circumstance. Whatever. After about 2 minutes of dealing with her I ended the call. The second call was the successful one. I also told her I wanted the spending limit removed and at first she said it couldn't be done. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she put me on hold, only to come back a minute later to tell me it would be removed today.

Next, I told her that I was interested in upgrading my phone to the 700p, but they wanted $650 for it while Verizon has is for $399. She then offered the phone to me for $450 with a 2-year contract. I accepted her offer.

We then discussed plans. Right now I have 2000 minutes with unlimited PCS-to-PCS, N/W starting at 9, Vision is FREE with unlimited text and insurance for $6. She left my voice portion as-is and signed me up for Power Vision for $10 per month and gave me PCS-to-PCS and UNLIMITED text messages for FREE!

The only downside is I probably won't get the phone until next week . As soon as it comes in I'll be selling the 650 on eBay. Hopefully I'll get around $200 for it. I must say I am very please with Sprint right now.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    I was able to get $10 off per month on any powervision plan.....so I went with the $25 ultimate plan for $15/month They basically could not get me an old grandfather powervision plan I had when it first came out, I threatened to cancel, and they eventually gave me this deal......took awhile, but well worth it!

In addition, I got a $100 rebate for signing a new 2 yr contract. (I got a $150 rebate for the samsung A900 a few months ago, so that wasn't an option)

Whenever you call sprint, tell the machine "Cancel," so you can go straight to a retentions agent who can give you discounts.....

-t
    Treo 700p -->> 755p
    $450 for the phone? You should have been able to get it for less then $400 if you pushed it.
    What is the average price that everyone is getting it for?
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by camhabib
    $450 for the phone? You should have been able to get it for less then $400 if you pushed it.
    I was thinking the same thing, but with the bonuses I got on the plan I figured it was just as good. Free unlimited text messages, free PCS to PCS, and N/W starting at 7 will mean my plan will be LESS than it was with two 650s on the account. They charge $15 for unlimited text and $15 for Power Vision Access. I'm getting both for $10. With N/W starting earlier, I'll be able to downgrade my plan to 1500 minutes for $10 less per month, too.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    I was thinking the same thing, but with the bonuses I got on the plan I figured it was just as good. Free unlimited text messages, free PCS to PCS, and N/W starting at 7 will mean my plan will be LESS than it was with two 650s on the account. They charge $15 for unlimited text and $15 for Power Vision Access. I'm getting both for $10.
    Well nights at 7 is standard, PCS to PCS I got 3 years ago when I signed up two phones, kind of standard I believe. The unlimited text is pretty good, same with the discount on vision. I would have thought you should also been able to get a discount on your monthly service.

I personally get (out of three lines I have with Sprint) 23% from corporate, addition 5% from retentions, free unlimited text on all two lines, free vision on two lines, as well as several additional benefits from Nextel for my lines on that side. I got the 700p on one line for $300 and paid $400 for one on the other line.
    $649 - $100 (Palm dev discount) - $300 SPCS retention credit - $35 (this is stretching it a bit, but that's what I got on ebay for my free 1 GB SD card from Palm) = $214
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by camhabib
    Well nights at 7 is standard, PCS to PCS I got 3 years ago when I signed up two phones, kind of standard I believe. The unlimited text is pretty good, same with the discount on vision. I would have thought you should also been able to get a discount on your monthly service.

I personally get (out of three lines I have with Sprint) 23% from corporate, addition 5% from retentions, free unlimited text on all two lines, free vision on two lines, as well as several additional benefits from Nextel for my lines on that side. I got the 700p on one line for $300 and paid $400 for one on the other line.
    While it may be standard for the newer Fair & Flexible plans, I'm still on my Free & Clear plan. Downgrading my minute package will save me $10 per month along with the free unlimited text and free PCS to PCS, which I had been paying $5 per month for. Even if I don't change my voice plan I stand to save $20 ($5 discount for Power Vision and $15 for text).

I'm sure others have gotten better deals, but I was satisfied with this. Had it not been for the savings on Power Vision, I wouldn't have bought the phone because I didn't want to pay an extra $30 per month for the same services I'm getting now. With this I save. I also get a corporate discount of 12% or 13%, I forget which.
    Last edited by Big Tone; 05/31/2006 at 01:09 PM.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    I had an interesting experience yesterday getting my 700. I went to the sprint store near my work and was told that they had them in stock but could only sell them to new customers and that my best bet would be to call sprint directly or order on the website. Fine, whatever. So I get home and call. I also moved recently from Colorado to Iowa, so I figured I'd get my number changed to a local number while I'm at it. After telling her I wanted to buy a new phone and change my number I was informed that I'd be charged $150 cancellation fee for moving. I laughed and said "Ok, I'll just cancel and sign up for Verison and buy the phone for $400 from them." I hung up and called back and asked to be transferred to retentions, where I recounted the whole story from the beginning and she all of a sudden got very serious and said "oh, my, of course you won't be charged any of that!"

So I was able to get a local number and purchace a new treo for $450 (I know people have gotten cheaper but I was happy for what I got). I didn't have to extend my contract at all and no other changes were made to my plan(my contract expires in October, I've been a sprint user since 2002).
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula
    I had an interesting experience yesterday getting my 700. I went to the sprint store near my work and was told that they had them in stock but could only sell them to new customers and that my best bet would be to call sprint directly or order on the website. Fine, whatever. So I get home and call. I also moved recently from Colorado to Iowa, so I figured I'd get my number changed to a local number while I'm at it. After telling her I wanted to buy a new phone and change my number I was informed that I'd be charged $150 cancellation fee for moving. I laughed and said "Ok, I'll just cancel and sign up for Verison and buy the phone for $400 from them." I hung up and called back and asked to be transferred to retentions, where I recounted the whole story from the beginning and she all of a sudden got very serious and said "oh, my, of course you won't be charged any of that!"

So I was able to get a local number and purchace a new treo for $450 (I know people have gotten cheaper but I was happy for what I got). I didn't have to extend my contract at all and no other changes were made to my plan(my contract expires in October, I've been a sprint user since 2002).
    I remember when I moved back to Illinois from Florida and changed my number to a local one. They screwed my bill up sooo bad that it took over a week to correct it. I was double charged for service because they claimed that they weren't able to just change my number, they had to set up a brand new account. I had just started a new billing cycle, so I had paid my bill the week before. Well, they prorated the remaining days of my old account AND the new one, without taking into consideration the payment I had just made. THEN, they shut my phone off claiming I was past due! I had to call them no less than 10 times because every day or so my services would get suspended again and I'd have to call in and go through the whole process all over again and explain their screw up. They would apologize, restore service, and shut me off again a day later!

Hopefully they've made some changes sice 2000, because back then they had NO CLUE how to do billing changes in the middle of a cycle. That was one hell of a nightmare.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!