1.    #1  
    I'm experiencing choppy performance playing MP3's using Pocket Tunes Deluxe v. 3.1.5 on a new Sprint Treo 700P (the PTunes on ROM was updated with this version). The MP3's are stored on a 1gb SD card.

When Chatter is running, MP3's 'skip' on occassion and it seems to happen on timed intervals- not random skips per se. When I quit Chatter (menu 'Q'), the MP3's play without any interruption. I have tried playing the same MP3's on a different SD card with similar problems. I have not, however, tested playing the MP3's when stored on RAM.

I am running Chatter+ with Exchange plugin version 2.0.1rc5 u105:x:54:m17.991 and syncing 3 IMAP mailboxes plus one Exchange account.

I am running the standard Palm OS on the device.

I've run this exact setup on a Treo 650 without any problems.

Any suggestions?
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    same sd card on your 650? wondering if your SD card is too slow
    Sprint 700p
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayL
    same sd card on your 650? wondering if your SD card is too slow
    I've tried using both the new Palm SD card I received with my 700P and the existing Sandisk SD card that I was using on my T650 with no problem. Both experience the skip issue.

As I had mentioned, quitting Chatter resolves the issue completely on the 700P for both cards.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet
    I've tried using both the new Palm SD card I received with my 700P and the existing Sandisk SD card that I was using on my T650 with no problem. Both experience the skip issue.

As I had mentioned, quitting Chatter resolves the issue completely on the 700P for both cards.
    pTunes skipping appears to have gotten much worse. I have the 150x 2GB Adata. Perhaps I should reformat it as FAT32?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I've heard this before, but I don't have any leads. Chatter doesn't do anything on regular intervals like this, but obviously something is going on. FWIW, I didn't have this problem with a 700p I was testing.

Marc
    Marc I'm noticing considerable slowdowns in the system as well with Chatter running. I'm not using PTunes yet but when chatter is open it takes time to switch between the launcher and the phone or the phone and the browser or any two applications. Something it takes enough time that the screen goes white for a second while it's processing. While in chatter, I press the 5 way to move the focus from an email to new or a different field and it the move on the screen is slightly delayed. As soon as I shut off chatter, it speeds up instantly.
    albertb - I've never experienced that on a 700p; does a reset help?

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter

Marc
    I just tried all of that on my 700p - with and without Chatter running. Not any significant difference here.

Marc
    A reset doesn't help. I just soft reset my Treo and tried moving around applications, then started chatter and movement between applications was slow again.
    It's possible it has to do with changes in NVFS; I'll have to do a little research.

Marc
    me too. skipping pTunes and 3-second white screen between apps. like the others, this all is cured by shutting down chatter. running sprint 700p and chatter 2.0p1+

had to stop using chatter (hopefully just for now)
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    This PTunes problem has been reported in the 700P forum, and look it is happeing when Chatter is not running. You may want to verify this for your self by doing a shutdown of Chatter and check out Ptunes for skips. Here is one of the links reporting PTunes problem http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...ad.php?t=115874
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I'm going to add here that I have significant slowness w/ Chatter running as well - to the point where as I type or navigate the device, the response is extremely slow. With chatter quit, response time is normal. Its as if the idle calls via imap are constant, or chatter is doing some kind of something in the background all the time..I also wonder if its management of messages on the sd. I did find at one point when I reduced the number of messages chatter was handling, the problem didn't seem 'as bad'.
    cue79 - What you're seeing is VERY abnormal, and nothing like this has been reported. I would suggest reloading the app.

Marc
    Well I will add that I am runing PTunes and Chatter and get skips. When I shut down Chatter the skips go away. I think it is more due to the network connection being used in chatter that cause skip.

Either way I never had this problem with my 650.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    cue79 - What you're seeing is VERY abnormal, and nothing like this has been reported. I would suggest reloading the app.

Marc
    At this point I'm considering dong a hard reset and loading all my apps one by one. Another day to just sit there... oh well.
    I want to add Zlauncher to the list of programs that don't like PTunes running on the background on the Treo 700p. I have noticed that if I exit both Chatter and Zlauncher Ptunes stops skipping. I am using PTunes Deluxe and I was running music from my SD card.

Al