1.    #1  
    I got my Sprint 700p last night and i am having some problems.

1) I am not receiving any text messages at all. I know on some other sites people are saying that text messages are not working that great and are coming in slow. But i am getting none of them.

2) i am not receiving and voicemails either.

3) This one is a little weird. On my 700p when i turn the phone off and then on again i get no signal bars next to the Tower where it shows the signal. I can keep the phone on for an hour and no bars will ever show up. the only way the bars show up is if i make a phone call or check my voicemail. I live in an area where i get excellent reception all the time so i know its not that. On my Treo 650 i would turn the phone on and the signal bars would come on right away, but not on my 700.

Are any of these problems happening to anyone else?

Or did i just get a bad phone?

thanks
    I'm having an issue too, whenevert I make a call it goes to "america's roaming network", my phone doesn't ring, goes right to voicemail. I am on the line with Sprint.
    Jimmie Geddes
    They had me do the esn again, this time I entered a different # in the msid. The phone now works fine. Kinda weird.
    Jimmie Geddes
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    They had me do the esn again, this time I entered a different # in the msid. The phone now works fine. Kinda weird.

Thanks. I just notticed that my calls are going to my 650 thats not activated anymore.

i am going to call sprint now and have them do the ESN over.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    You have to keep your old Sprint phone that you're swapping ESNs with turned off - at least for 4 hours after you do the swap. That's why your text messages aren't being delivered.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    When I play Audible books or Ptunes the audio works with the headset. When I pull the headset plug, I don't hear any audio from the rear speaker. I can put the phone on speakerphone and hear the caller on the rear speaker. Anyone else experience this? Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Marc
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Also, when I play an audio book using audible, the screen never shuts off. It used to shut off on my 650.
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc
    When I play Audible books or Ptunes the audio works with the headset. When I pull the headset plug, I don't hear any audio from the rear speaker. I can put the phone on speakerphone and hear the caller on the rear speaker. Anyone else experience this? Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Marc
    Are you sure you have your ringer switch to the ON position? My PTunes plays thru the speaker just fine. Oh, make sure nothing is plugged into the 3/32" jack.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  9.    #9  
    Well just spent almost an hour on the phone with a sprint tech.

It is indeed the PHONE that is defective.

Just called Palm and they are overnighting me a new one.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Thanks Handy. The vol switch was off. Any suggestions on the screen auto off for audible?