Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For the 600 owners who may be considering moving to another device, give the 700P a shot. My first 24 hours with the device have been great! There are too many upgrades to mention icluding EVDO, keyboard design, BT, screen, etc.

To the 650 owners, test the device before you buy. If I had the 650 I would probably skip this device. Unless you get a great deal it just probably isn't worth it for essentially broadbrand speeds unless you need the internet for work.
    I am a 600 owner, anxiously waiting to pick up a 700p. I agree, for anyone like us who held on to their 600s this long, the 700p is a worthy upgrade.
    The phone is pretty sweet compared to the 600. The upgrades are numerous. I'm sad that THIS version of the phone doesn't work with my Acura's Handsfree Link while the 650 does, but the 650 didn't start out that way either. It took a software release to gain that feature. Hopefully that'll happen shortly.
    Showtimes works on this device, by the way. Didn't want to edit my post to add this as a P.S. due to previous scuffles resulting from such an edit.
    Yeah but the whole point is this should have been the Treo 650!! THis makes total sense. The natural progression from the 600 is the 700. But from the 650 to the 700 is incremental crap!
    ^ I agree. Which is why I skipped the 650.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    I think there are quite a few of us who skipped the 650, now coming out of the woodwork. Woooot! Just picked mine up! Screen looks great! I think I need to take a day off just to play with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    I think there are quite a few of us who skipped the 650, now coming out of the woodwork. Woooot!
    Exactly. I ignored the 650 but am excited about the new Treo again. My 700p should be delivered today via UPS!
    Yeah, I wasn't going to pay megabucks for the 650 either. The 650 is what the 600 should've been.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    I think there are quite a few of us who skipped the 650, now coming out of the woodwork. Woooot! Just picked mine up! Screen looks great! I think I need to take a day off just to play with it.
    Me too, but I'm waiting for the 700 GSM model. I've held off because I couldn't justify $600 for an incremental upgrade, especially since Palm didn't offer any upgrade deals like they had upgrading from the 280/300 to the 600. But, a 600-->700 upgrade just might be substantive enough to be worth it.
    The Treo 600 may be "Buck Rogers," but Handspring Customer Service is strictly "Moe, Larry, and Curly"!!!
    I'll add my name to the list of folks upgrading from 600 to 700p. I don't have it in my hands yet but it's been ordered from sprint and is on its way.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    I tried... really tried to avoid the 650. After 1 original and 5-6 refurbed T600's with serious hardware problems I was nearly ready to apply for a job at the Sprint store since I was there all the time anyway waiting for the tech to give his blessing on the replacements...

The 650 build quality (and hopefully 700p) is immensely improved, not one replacement in a year. Though I wish I had access to the RAM, speed and steadiness of the Treo 600 (when it worked) rather than living with the NVFS and DBCrash on the 650.

Waiting a while for my fellow users to beta test the 700p before diving in....
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by bracherb
    Exactly. I ignored the 650 but am excited about the new Treo again. My 700p should be delivered today via UPS!
    Add my name to the list of satisfied T600 -> T700P owners.

I can confidently say it's quite an improvement. Any T600 owners should definitely check the 700P out!
    Another happy 600 --> 700p user. My 600 was on its last legs (bad screen and battery). I fought off buying a 650, and entertained buying the Sprint 6700 or Verizon 700w. Instead I held faith that I'd see a 700p before mid-year.

The 700p is finally a reality and it was worth the wait. It's everything good about the 600 that was important to me (phone first pda second, easy to use with one hand, never have to use the stylus), plus EVDO, bluetooth, more memory, better screen, improved blazer, streaming video, etc, etc, etc.

I'm so happy my faith paid off.
    Deacon
    Computer Programmer/Law Student
    T700p <-- 600
    I'm curious about the comparison of the 600-> 700p users (people who didn't have to live with a 650). Specifically:

Speed?

Performance of internal memory? Lags?

Crashing Ratio?

Other comparison impressions?
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    I'm curious about the comparison of the 600-> 700p users (people who didn't have to live with a 650). Specifically:

Speed?

Performance of internal memory? Lags?

Crashing Ratio?

Other comparison impressions?
    Hmmm...I've only had the 700 for a few days, but I haven't had a crash yet...and thats with a decent amount of 'playing'.

The one thing I did notice is there is more of a 'lag' when loading applications. Like if I'm in the calendar and hit my phone button, it takes anywhere from 2-4 secs for the main phone screen to come up.

Battery life seems about the same as the 600...with heavy use you'll be charging daily.

And I'm still trying to figure out what some of the buttons are for. Like the green button on the front. And the side button. I don't think I've used them yet. (I suppose I should read the manual )

I'd say overall the 700 feels a lot more...polished.
    Deacon
    Computer Programmer/Law Student
    T700p <-- 600
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Yes, this finally seems to be the phone the 600 should have been back in October 2003. A usable amount of RAM, bluetooth, 320x320 screen, removable battery, etc. Of course the 600 should have had Wi-fi or an option for it. Almost everyone believed it wouls soon after introduction. At this rate maybe we'll all have a Treo with Wi-Fi in 2009 or so.
  18.    #18  
    The sad part is that I lost a little bit of love for Palm. After looking at my 600 and the specs for the 650 compared to the 700P, it is clear that Palm is either incapable of really giving users what we want OR taking full advantage of its position in the smartphone space and loyalists to make as much money as possible. The bottom line is that the devices really are incrementally better than the previous version.
    All of you going to the 700p from the 600 missed out on the great 650. I had nothing better to spend my money on so I upgrade each time. Personally I felt the change from the 600 to 650 was a much greater than from the 650 to 700p.
    I am waiting for my 700P to arrive, so I can throw my 600 a nice retirement for it's two years of service. Well 1 years, since I had to replace my 2nd one.
    "Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay."
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast