Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'll be there soon too. Sprint 600 user "moving on up" to the 700p.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I'll be there if/when the GSM version is released. Meanwhile my 600 is going strong - never had a problem with it. (knocking on wood)

Andrew
    Call me a caveman but I'm still with the Samsung I-330. I was going to jump on the 700P but now I hear that dial up with my laptop is now in jeapordy (which is something I use all the time in airports while on travel).

Maybe I'll just step up to the 650 instead but feel the other thing I'll miss id the graffiti capability!!
    The only things that I'm missing about my 600 are access to my ToDos from the Calendar and some of the other Calendar configuration options (default event length, &c.). I may buy DateBk5 (http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/), since that seems the be the place from which Handspring's Datebook+ was licensed.
    Quote Originally Posted by stingrey
    The phone is pretty sweet compared to the 600. The upgrades are numerous. I'm sad that THIS version of the phone doesn't work with my Acura's Handsfree Link while the 650 does, but the 650 didn't start out that way either. It took a software release to gain that feature. Hopefully that'll happen shortly.
    Hm? My 700p worked out of the box with Acura's HandsFree Link. I've been making calls since Monday.
    Yeah, I saw someone else post something similar, or that was you... Either way, what year? I'm pretty confused now since it works w/my Mac, but so far my car just gets to the point where you tell it the numbers (ex. 1234) and waits to pair... Phone doesn't see anything when I click on handsfree or anything Sees the laptop from the garage though. Any info appreciated, feel free to PM me. Maybe my bluetooth is hosed on my car.
    man...I can't imagine upgrading from the 600 to 700, that's a BIG upgrade
    1 | 2
    Wait... I take it back! I don't know what I did differently besides trying to pair the Treo 700p (Sprint) w/out the car being on, but it paired and it works! I didn't notice battery strength being displayed, but the signal strength was. I'll post more as I get some experience w/using this thing. First Bluetooth car/phone combo ever, so not sure what to say except "it worked" for now!

Rey :)
    Count me in - going from a 600 > 700p tomorrow. Going to pick it up at our local Verizon store (so long as I can swing some sort of mid-contract discount... full price is a no-go!)
    please, you all missed out on the 650. the 650 was way better than the 600 (even just for the screen), and the 750 is better than the 650 (just for the more memory).

I had the 600 and 650 and would move to the 750 if I was given the chance.

It looks like it wont be available for gsm though. :-(
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Maybe it was better as far as the resolution was concerned, but since I have a camera for things like that, this wasn't a selling point for me. The Bluetooth was, but the somewhat flaky connectivity w/Acura that I read about (not bad, just not perfect) was enough to have me hold out for the next version just in case. That's why I personally held out... Because i didn't really need the incremental updates at the time... Now that the latest and greatest is out with features I can appreciate, I am game.

You are right, though, about how much better the screen on this puppy looks compared to the old 600. The 700 trounces the 600, for those who are debating this issue and don't mind upgrading to power vision and then negotiating a better rate, this phone is for you! I did just this without extending my contract and while getting the $200 offer plus a multitude of offers from Sprint. I almost came out saving money as a result of this upgrade in the long run!

To all on the fence, even without the credits, I like this phone a lot so far. The 600 is a good friend, esp. if you have your original like I do from when it was first released by Handspring or whatever... This replacement phone has way more punch to it and is to me very familiar compared to the old phone, and since you can sync your contact list and a few other things and transfer apps by IR and stuff, within moments you can have a phone which replaced your old one which can then go on eBay to further offset the initial cost you incur from upgrading to the 700.

Rey :)
    Another 600->700p user signing in!

I ordered Sunday and I'm still waiting! Slow bastards, it didnt even occur to me to ask for overnight shipping...doh!

Yeah I've had my 600 since October 2003 when they first come out, and I have never needed a replacement! I'm hoping the 700 will last me just as long.
    Well, I jumped on the 600 to 700P bandwagon. There is a huge diffrence, just on screen resolution alone. I work in a basement area for about 10 hours a day. So I roam mostly on my phone. So I dont get alot of the benefits to play with the online stuff during the weekday. But this weekend im going to explore it alot more.

So far, the only thing I see that is bugging me is the lag time between things on the device. My camera on my 600 was alot quicker to take the next shot then this one. Going between programs takes about 4 seconds. Not sure why that is, but it feels like im waiting for the device to finish thinking about something.

Im using the Blue Tooth head set that Palm offers for the device, and so far it seems to work great! I had it on today from 5 PM to 11 PM with no drops. Only one call had some weird static.

I did notice something odd though. Since I roam alot in my work area, it bounces back and forth between Sprint and Roam (Verizon). During the time it was going between the two, if I have an application going, say Documents to GO, the phone freezes up until it has finished conecting the phone line. I never had this problem with my 600, so I am assuming this is some type of issue with the 700P.

So far though, the phone is a huge leap ahead of the 600. I didnt want to buy the 650 for the small step of quality and features that it would provide. But this was worth the upgrade. I guess I wont be getting a replacement untill the 800 comes out. Laugh.
  14.    #34  
    I agree not buying a new device until the 800. The only thing that could hook me is a slimmer antenna-less case. I would love it if the ONLY improvement on the "750" is WiFi.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I am another "650-skipper", satisfied with my Sprint T600 (one replacement in 2+ years). I am ready to move to the 700p, but will wait it out a bit to hear from the very early adopters. I have a few of "must-have" apps on the 600 and wonder if folks have compatibility experience yet on the 700 with:

KeyCaps (have seen a few posts on this)
    Jot
    VoiceCall
    Personal Audio Recorder (or is the Voice Memo in ROM sufficient?)
    Audible (Bundled?)
    pTunes (does the bundled version support internet streaming or do you need to upgrade?)
    BugMe!
    FindHack
    Uninstall
    PowerRun
    mLights
    eWallet
    BackupBuddy
    myWorkBench
    ClockPop5
    Palmary Clock
    ZLauncher (have seen some of this discussion)
    and, of course...Chatter! Have heard of some problems; Mark said his current stable release will work on the 700p, but it sounds like there are some bugs (which i am SURE he will fix!)
    thanks to all for this invaluable forum...
    -amell
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amell
    I am another "650-skipper", satisfied with my Sprint T600 (one replacement in 2+ years). I am ready to move to the 700p, but will wait it out a bit to hear from the very early adopters. I have a few of "must-have" apps on the 600 and wonder if folks have compatibility experience yet on the 700 with:

KeyCaps (have seen a few posts on this)
    Jot
    VoiceCall
    Personal Audio Recorder (or is the Voice Memo in ROM sufficient?)
    Audible (Bundled?)
    pTunes (does the bundled version support internet streaming or do you need to upgrade?)
    BugMe!
    FindHack
    Uninstall
    PowerRun
    mLights
    eWallet
    BackupBuddy
    myWorkBench
    ClockPop5
    Palmary Clock
    ZLauncher (have seen some of this discussion)
    and, of course...Chatter! Have heard of some problems; Mark said his current stable release will work on the 700p, but it sounds like there are some bugs (which i am SURE he will fix!)
    thanks to all for this invaluable forum...
    -amell
    Of those... I've had luck with Audible and Palmary Clock. I hope that helps some.
    Anyone remember if the SplashID bundled with the T600 come with a registration key. I want to use it on my 700P. It's been so long ago, I can't remember if I needed to enter a key nor where to get it. Is it somewhere on the 600's CD or am I SOL and need to register again?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Great upgrade. Too many bennies to list in a comparison. Its much faster then my Treo 600 (app to app), EVDO is incredible, supports all the third-party apps I need, screen resolution is amazing (can't stop playing MicroQuad in hi-res) and correct me if I'm wrong but the new to-do app ("tasks") has an alarm now - not used to that on the Treo 600 - did the 650 have alarms on the to-do or task app?
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I am another happy 600 to 700 person (plus the switch from Cingular 600 to Sprint 700 was great!!)

2 questions that I have for some people who may have noticed similar things:

1) on the 600, when you make a call, you could hit the spacebar as a "shortcut" to put the phone into speakerphone mode, that doesn't work with the 700, is there an alternative?

2) on the 600, when typing a sms text message over 160 characters, it would automatically break it up to 160 characters per message and send as many messages as needed. On the 700, it just tells you that you can't go over 160 characters.

Does anyone know workarounds for these or solutions or were these also inherent in the 650 too?

Thanks.
    ^ 2) The Sprint T600 also has a 160 character limit in SMS. No change in 700P.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast