Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been seeing a few "Disconnected" signs in verichat, and have missed quite a lot of idle ims today with the 700P

furthermore, when i go into preference and set to "always on" mode, i am not able to set it to DATA ONLY mode. It requires only SMS mode, and will not let me uncheck SMS mode.

--another bug I see is, on the T650, I was able to assign my own created IM alert sounds. Now on the 700P, I do not see my midi or amr sound files in the list (I do see it in the sounds/alerts from Palm preference)

*I am running ver 2.89b

any thoughts on this? I emailed PDAApps but have yet heard a response.
    cool. keep us posted.
  3.    #3  
    well, i would like other users to chime in to see if this is actually an isolated event or in fact a 700 bug...

so keep this thread posted verichat users.
    Same here Trim. While I have not had any missed IM's, I do see where data connection use is not available, nor can I select other than standard IM alerts.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    Same here Trim. While I have not had any missed IM's, I do see where data connection use is not available, nor can I select other than standard IM alerts.

thanks for posting, glad I am not alone on this.

*I just found another bug. IF and WHEN (if it does) the missed IDLE im comes in, it will go straight to the Treo's messaging app, rather than keep the IM directly inside Verichat. ...so it shows up as a text message rather than an IM
    I stopped buying anything from the company that makes Verichat, PDAApps, for this very reason. Nothing they make ever works when the phone is upgraded, even a little bit.

I bought Picture Caller ID for the Samsung i300. A few months later i330 came out -- basically the same phone with small updates. Caller ID doesn't work, they charge full price for the new verison -- which took them all of 3 seconds to make. It was extremely annoying and in my view, disreputable, to charge full price to existing customers for the new program.

Sure enough, you need a new version of Verichat for the 600, the 650, and now the 700. I wouldn't be surprised if they deliberately make the programs compatible only with one version of the phone, to make more money off upgrades. 95% of programs that work on the 600 also work on the 650 and the 700. But not surprisingly, I'll bet none of their programs will work on multiple versions.
    lol, as far as I was concerned, Verichat was not completely supported on the the 650 either.

That program needs some competition, seriously.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I also reported some Verichat problems yesterday in other threads:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=115583
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=115549

For me it also disconnects whenever the screen goes dark, and gives the message that I was 'away'. You can set it to reconnect when the screen comes on, but it interferes with answering phone calls and scheduled Snappermail retrievals. I too cannot get to the 'always-on' data mode.

As for competition, I tested out 2 other IM programs last night, Mundu and Causerie. Of the two, only Causerie worked properly when the 700p's was in standby (screen off) and the sound switch was set to silent. Although I preferred Mundu, I couldn't get Mundu to vibrate in this same setup when a new message arrived.

I didn't try IM+.
    Last edited by dcpmark; 05/31/2006 at 08:40 AM.
    I haven't had time to test it yet...but I did notice that VeriChat 2.89b did not automatically connect to the internet after I restored my T650 backup to my 700p using BackupMan [note: all other apps so far seem to work without any resets or problems thus far]. When I went into VeriChat, looks like it wanted me to configure it from scratch, but that's where I'm at now. Will check back on this thread once I've had a chance to do some more testing. I'm interested in hearing what PDAapps has to say

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I haven't used it much yet, but the only thing i noticed is that I didn't receive an IM when I exited VC. When I was on and not idle, I got the IM instantly.

When I got VC last year, I thought I remember reading something about paying per year, and I didn't renew it. I dunno if that makes a diffference.
    Are there any apps that will allow IM's with Google's chat?
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon
    Are there any apps that will allow IM's with Google's chat?
    I downloaded a trial version of Causerie yesterday and I got AIM and Google Talk to work simultaneously.

For google talk, use "Jabber" and for the server, enter "talk.google.com"....its worked so far...even works in the background.......

-t
    Treo 700p -->> 755p
    I e-mailed PDAApps and they said it is "working fine." I sent this thread for clarification and await response.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Well, at least you got something. I emailed PDAapps and got no response....
    I just downloaded verichat and I am also not given the option of data only for always on mode.
    Has anyone else contacted support@pdaapps.com about this? They seemed unaware of the problem. Is it working properly for anyone? My 700p should be here tomorrow or Friday, but this has me a bit worried. Verichat is one of my core apps. Tried Causerie and Mundu, but I strongly prefer Verichat. And, to boot, I just reupped my license this morning before I read this post!
    New 700P here and Verichat is a no go for me. I have most if not all of the problems described above.

I'll probably be contacting PDAapps tonight.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
  18.    #18  
    *I started this thread.

Been about a day and a half now, no response from PDAApps regarding the issues!

Ironically enough, 3 days ago, I emailed the about a registratrion RENEWAL and I got a response within 2 hours. (This was on Memorial Day as well)

-some support they have.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir42
    I just downloaded verichat and I am also not given the option of data only for always on mode.
    Does SMS work? That's what I use on my 650 since I have unlimited SMS.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Does SMS work? That's what I use on my 650 since I have unlimited SMS.

SMS w/ Verichat is a hit and miss with IDLE IMs'.

out of 10 IMs, maybe only 3 would get through

**for the current being, i have my AIM IM's forwarded to my SMS, but I really hope Verichat can fix this mofo
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast