Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Everyone e-mail them at support@pdaapps.com and urge them to fix it! We need our Verichat.
    By the way, in fairness, I should add this caveat:

1. These guys have typically been very responsive to my requests for support. My only concern here is that we haven't seen a new version in some time, and I believe the company was acquired by Intellisync. Not sure what that means to future changes to the software.

2. The 700p has only been out for a few days. So, we do need to give them time to sort out the issue and fix it. And I have to assume they will, since the 700p will be a huge part of their Palm OS base--and part of their business is renewal, so there is need to keep existing customers going.

But, that said, let them hear from us so they take care of it!
    Question for those experiencing this: are you all on Sprint, or seeing this on Verizon too? Others have said it seems to be working on Verizon. Anyone?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    My troubles are with the Verizon 700p. At first I was wondering if it was something Verizon did to disable "always-on" data connections to lower the bandwidth overhead since I had no troubles with my Sprint 600, but now I see Sprint people are having the same problems with the 700p.
  5.    #25  
    (Sprint 700P here)
    Well, so much for that theory. What version? Maybe it has something to do with the new setting that always calls to interupt a data session? Must be doing something that Verichat recognizes since the always on data option isn't available.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I updated to (and paid for) the latest version (2.89b) last Saturday. Think I'll be able to get my money back?
    Sprint 700p here as well. Funny, VeriChat on my 650 shows v2.89b, where as on my 700p it just shows v2.89. Both were installed from the same installation file.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Bump, any response from Pdaapps?
    Nothing new here--anyone else?
  11.    #31  
    NO UPDATES.

....they didn't respond acknowledging my email...

do they have a contact number, anyone know?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Intellisync is located in San Jose. I called information for their number two days ago, but they have discontinued tech support over the phone....all you get is a recording. So I emailed them, and haven't heard anything back. I didn't save the number, but it's available through 411 if you want to try to get to a live person outside of tech support. I didn't try that.

Here's their fax number:408-321-3886
    Last edited by dcpmark; 06/01/2006 at 10:35 AM.
    I e-mailed them last night and we exchanged a couple of e-mails. Here's the transcript:

Me: I installed VeriChat on my 700p and I do not have the option to use the Data method with ALWAYS ON. The only option presented to me is to use SMS. I would like to buy this application but I can't do so if I can only use ALWAYS ON with SMS. Do you have plans to fix this? thank you!

PDAaaps: What is your VeriChat version? Please install the latest version over-the-air by pointing your Treo's web browser to www.pdaapps.com/ ota/2.89/VeriChat.prc
    Thanks for your Patience.

Me: I am using 2.89b. I'm assuming that's the latest version. Is there something else that may be wrong?

PDAaaps: We are looking into this and will let you know, when a new version will be released.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt if people continued to e-mail them so they know this is a real problem. But they were very quick with their reply which is a good sign.
    Here's how I got my VeriChat 2.89b to work:

1. Backup 650 to SD Card using BackupMan
    2. Use BackupMan to perform full restore to 700p
    3. Go into VeriChat
    4. (this may be different if your phone has the same phone number, mine is different):
    Upon running VeriChat, it will ask you to set up your offline SMS feunctionality. Do it, using your new phone #.
    5. After you enter your new code, all should be working as was.

BTW, I activated my 700p as a new line of service, kept my 650 active under its old phone number. The 650 is still running VeriChat, too! You can't be in an active VeriChat session on both phones, but Verichat will handle being installed on 2 phones with (obviously) 2 different numbers

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    700P Verizon Verichat - latest beta - 2.86B. I have it set to SMS always on, and each time I get a message, it sends 2 copies, one to SMS one to verichat. Not gooooood.

Karl
    www.karlz.tv
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    Intellisync is located in San Jose. I called information for their number two days ago, but they have discontinued tech support over the phone....all you get is a recording. So I emailed them, and haven't heard anything back. I didn't save the number, but it's available through 411 if you want to try to get to a live person outside of tech support. I didn't try that.

Here's their fax number:408-321-3886
    Intellisync was purchased by Nokia a few months ago. I'll check with my buddies that are still working there and see if they can offer any insight.
    I did hear back from PDAApps. They said they are aware of the issue and will let us know when a new version has been released to address. Good news--let's hope it is soon!
  18.    #39  
    Thank you for contacting PDAapps Support.

We are looking into this and will let you know when a new version will be released.

Thanks for your Patience.

PDAapps Support Team
    http://www.pdaapps.com/support.html
    I sure hope it comes soon. It's basically unusable - they should give a credit for each day it's not working correctly.

And lame of them not to test it on the 700P.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast