1.    #1  
    Does anyone's backlight turn off completely when in a call on the 700p? Mine doesn't seem to, seems like it'd be a waste of battery power. Anyone?
    prefs>power.

change ur settings...that should get it.
    ohio state SUCKS!! & michigan state will never measure up!
    p.s. lakers SUCK too!! GO PISTONS!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MiWolverine96
    prefs>power.

change ur settings...that should get it.
    Nope
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    The best solution that I have found is an old Treo 600 application called Sandman.

In the Treo 700 Preferences I map Sandman to the side button as Press+Hold. When I am on a call and I want to turn the backlight off I just press and hold the side button.

Now I'll try to find a link for it.

-Widdy
  5. jps
    Quote Originally Posted by Widdy View Post
    The best solution that I have found is an old Treo 600 application called Sandman.

In the Treo 700 Preferences I map Sandman to the side button as Press+Hold. When I am on a call and I want to turn the backlight off I just press and hold the side button.

Now I'll try to find a link for it.

-Widdy
    Here is Sandman. Found over at mytreo.net
    :: Verizon Treo 650 w/o Camera
    :: Hardware Rev B
    :: Current Update: 1.05A
    :: Custom ROM: -BigSur -BT -Camera -FATFS -Handango -Hidden -Languages -Pixer -RealPlayer -Tips -Tutorials -VideoAccess -World Clock -Welcome -WirelessSync +Datebook (700p) +FAT32 +Memo (700p) +PowerPrferences (700p) +ToDo (700p)
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    By default the screen only dims, but doesn't turn off completely. For that 3rd paty apps are required.

Phone technician has an option to shut down the screen after X mins, to turn it back on you had (on the 600/650) the old power button but for the 700p you press the option button (black button) to do the switcheroo...
    Mine sometimes turns off completely when I'm on a really long call.
    diane
    mine "glitched" dark every once and awhile... but there isn't a retail setting that turns it OFF. I recommend Phone Technician for doing this.... I swear by hobbyist software
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    i set sandman to turn the screen off by holding down the side key. it works, i think...
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    The backlight dims on my phone as well. I can have this simulate a screen that's completely off by having the brightness set really low prior to initiating a call. That way once the autodimmer kicks in, it's near black. Hope this helps.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}