Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    I've got another bit of a crazy problem with Orb. I configured my main PC for Orb because it connected directly to the ethernet port on my router. My main PC is not a Windows Media Edition PC, but I'm using the Happauge PVR 150 which is listed as compatible. Live TV works much better for me than it does on my PC on the wireless network,but, it is doing something strange. About every 10 minutes it disconnects and then reconnects but one channel number higher. For some reason it's changing channels when it reconnects. Crazy, huh? Anyone else having this experience?
    I have the EXACT same setup, card, etc and no problems whatsoever with live TV
    It did it again tonight at the gym. I don't get it.
    I'm using the Happauge PVR 150. It works pretty well, but I too have been experiencing some strange things. First, when I try to view Live TV, it sometimes connects to the wrong channel. Disconnecting and re-connecting usually fixes it. But the strangest thing is when it timesout after 10 minutes, I reconnect and it plays the exact same previous 10 minutes of video over again. Somehow it records the live feed. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it possible to change the 10 minute timeout to something longer or disable it?
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Since I haven't had these problems, I can't say for sure, but what about reinstalling the drivers and the software for the card? Maybe re-do the scan for channels setup?
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas
    Since I haven't had these problems, I can't say for sure, but what about reinstalling the drivers and the software for the card? Maybe re-do the scan for channels setup?
    I just have to say that this ORB deal is one of the neatest discoveries yet for my 700P... I hope to try live TV this weekend...
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Roper
    I'm using the Happauge PVR 150. It works pretty well, but I too have been experiencing some strange things. First, when I try to view Live TV, it sometimes connects to the wrong channel. Disconnecting and re-connecting usually fixes it. But the strangest thing is when it timesout after 10 minutes, I reconnect and it plays the exact same previous 10 minutes of video over again. Somehow it records the live feed. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it possible to change the 10 minute timeout to something longer or disable it?
    I wonder if we have some setting wrong. Mine times out after 10 minutes, too. And as I said in a previous post, it reconnects automatically but one channel higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    this is not like slingbox at all!! you cannot pause, rewind, fastforward, etc on Orb. Also it only let's you see stuff on your computer. Slingbox let's you view everything on your tv whether it is live or tivod. Orb is lame & that is why it is free.
    Surely your media library has alot more quality movie/video/show than what's on your TV at the moment. I get free cable from my emplyer I hardly watch any of the stuff.
    After a couple of days, I'm finding Orb on the 700p to be pretty sketchy for live TV. Even when it's working, it's SLOW to get connected for live TV. I'm also finding that most of the time, it ends up streaming the wrong channel. It usually streams 2 channels higher than the channel I select.

However, I tested Orb on my wife's new Q. Simply amazing. Much better quality. Get this, when you are streaming on the Q, you can simply press the directional pad to the left or right to change channels! It seems as if Orb was developed primarily for Windows Media. Based on what I've seen on the Q, it's as if the other players / clients are afterthoughts.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    fuzznug, I have had excellent success with Orb...Streaming TV, viewing my Cams & streaming my mp3's... I'm assuming that you have broadband access with your home service... The inability to change channels with the Nav Pad on the 700p has nothing to do with Orb it's the Kimona Player on your Treo...
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    I've got another bit of a crazy problem with Orb. I configured my main PC for Orb because it connected directly to the ethernet port on my router. My main PC is not a Windows Media Edition PC, but I'm using the Happauge PVR 150 which is listed as compatible. Live TV works much better for me than it does on my PC on the wireless network,but, it is doing something strange. About every 10 minutes it disconnects and then reconnects but one channel number higher. For some reason it's changing channels when it reconnects. Crazy, huh? Anyone else having this experience?

Same Problem here. I checked the Orb support forums and others have had the same problem using both pc's and other phones. So it does not seem to be a 700p problem. I'm hoping for a fix in a futher Orb update.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkAv8r
    fuzznug, I have had excellent success with Orb...Streaming TV, viewing my Cams & streaming my mp3's... I'm assuming that you have broadband access with your home service... The inability to change channels with the Nav Pad on the 700p has nothing to do with Orb it's the Kimona Player on your Treo...
    I'm glad you've had success. Yep, I'm on roadrunner at home and Verizon broadband access on the 700p. No problems there. I still have problems where the channel that streams is actually two channels higher than the channel I select. This *only* happens to me on the 700p (via Blazer) and I have no idea how to correct this.

Sure, the inability to change channels within the player has nothing to do with the 700p itself. I was simply making an observation that it seems as if Orb was designed for Windows (and WMP) users first. That's where the experience really shines. I'm a Mac / 700p user. I also have access to Windows and WM. The Windows / WM experience is much better in my opinion. That's all. No biggie. As a Mac user, I'm used to this type of thing.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    wow I got this to work... this is awesome.. thanks!

Spoke too soon... 15 seconds then it times out... grrrr..!
    Last edited by KAOSWLF; 07/31/2006 at 10:05 PM.
    Bump to the top for this incredible piece of software. I hope it remains free! I'm streaming full length movies perfectly from my PC. Anybody know about any security holes this opens your PC up to however? Just curious (I have it going through Zone Alarm)
    I have been trying to get this to work for awhile. The only thing I want to do is listen to my mp3 files that are on my PC. Orb will play 1 song with no problem, however, when the song finishes, the goes back to "CONNECTING" and never connects again.

Any one else having this problem?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Anyone tried the Orb v2.0 Beta. I had hoped it would solve the rebuffer/channel change problem in live tv. But for me no joy. I get unsupported media type in Kinoma at the beginning of the connection attempt. v1.0 still works. Wondering if anyone else has tried and gotten further?
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken View Post
    Anyone tried the Orb v2.0 Beta. I had hoped it would solve the rebuffer/channel change problem in live tv. But for me no joy. I get unsupported media type in Kinoma at the beginning of the connection attempt. v1.0 still works. Wondering if anyone else has tried and gotten further?
    I tried it and no luck... deleted it and went back to the previous version. I'm having the channel change problem too... right now I'm basically using it to play recorded shows.
    I'm getting a "408 - Request Timeout" and don't know how to fix it. Is this on PC's end or on my 700p's end?
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas View Post
    I have gotten Orb to work great streaming video. I have Cable at home with a 384 upstream spead. I set the PC speed to 100, and have my 700p set to 220. Works great now.
    This worked for me!
    Anyone have luck setting up custom video channels?

I have been going to sites like http://www.channelchooser.com/ to try and set up some of video streams as custom channels in orb. The only problem is, I can't seem to get the right streaming url to enter for streams like ABC News, ESPN, etc.

Anyone go down this road with success?
    Does anyone know if its possible to make Orb use 3gp for video files, and then use Winamp for audio files so that they can be streamed in pTunes, or do they both have to be set to the same thing?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast