Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay has anyone found a backup software that has been updated for the 700p? I want to install a good backup program before I start in with a bunch of other apps.
    Rescoe Backup works fine and I'm sure most others do as well.
    One that you use . . . .

I have used BackupBuddy with no complaints on my 650.

As well, I would suggest the NeatFreak pack or Uninstall Manager from www.northglide.com

Cheers, Perry
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Backupman has always been a staple in my Palm diet...

It has saved my *** countless times.

SMEGGIE
  5.    #5  
    Have any of these been tested on the 700p?
    Hi BigTreo !

I would check out their Web sites for any testing they may have done already. Maybe they have a "contact" email so you can send them a direct question.

My expectation is that my BackupBuddy will work with no problem, or an update is on it's way.

Cheers, Perry.
    I use NV Backup, it's freeware, and works on my 700p.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Backup Man has worked flawlessly thus far on my 700p...

Photos and videos are not backed up due to the NVFS nature of the 650 and 700 though... i keep most of them on the card anyway because of size

...and like Smeggie, boy has it saved me -

Just make sure you get one and get one soon -

Best,
  9.    #9  
    Thanks everyone. I will try backupman since jscottcj has had some success so far. I do have an email out to all three of the ones mentioned here. I will let everyone know what responses I get.
    Here's another vote for BackUpBuddy. I've been using it for years on my 600. Very robust and flexible. If the current version does not work with the 700p (which I hope to get today!) I'm sure they'll have an update pronto.
    Having issues with Backup Buddy. It doesn't back up PIM databases and I keep getting an error about the trusted bluetooth device files - it's being used by another task or something like that. I've updated to the latest version 3.3 and did a completely new backup which did not correct the problem. I'll be contacting blue nomad
  12.    #13  
    Thanks Jack - I was looking for experiences with the 700p (from people who have actually tested the app on a 700p).
    Has anybody resolved the issue of the error with trusted bluetooth device? I cannot do a scheduled unattended backup.
    I use resco explorer. It has a built in backup feature that is just like resco backup. no scheduling though.

It will even restore java.

Gonna hate me Perry but...

I got my 700 and first thing I did was restore from a backup of my 650 using explorer. I figured it couldn't hurt to try, I could also hard reset and then install one at a time. Didn't need to...restore worked great. Kept all my saved prefs, call log, blazer cookies bookmarks java.........

good stuff...very different from the 600->650 days. That was a disaster!!
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mervynle
    Has anybody resolved the issue of the error with trusted bluetooth device? I cannot do a scheduled unattended backup.
    Turn off bluetooth.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Gonna hate me Perry but...

I got my 700 and first thing I did was restore from a backup of my 650 using explorer. I figured it couldn't hurt to try, I could also hard reset and then install one at a time. Didn't need to...restore worked great. Kept all my saved prefs, call log, blazer cookies bookmarks java.........

good stuff...very different from the 600->650 days. That was a disaster!!
    This is what I did. But I hosed the send feature on my 700 by loading the 'Unsaved Preferences' from my 650, I think. Does yours still work?
    There is absolutely no problem with Resco Backup. Get the one that isn't bundled in the Resco Explorer and you'll have scheduling. Mine backs up everyday at 5am without any disturbance to me. I have it set to only keep 5 days worth of records. It's small, quick, and has never failed me, and is available at a good price. You can get it at: http://software.treonauts.com/product.asp?id=1201 Enter the code TOP100 by July 17th and it will cost $11.96 vs. $14.95.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    Okay has anyone found a backup software that has been updated for the 700p? I want to install a good backup program before I start in with a bunch of other apps.

Ditto on the next post; Resco works very well.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    lawilson2 and morningstar1844-

Quick question... I also use R Backup and think it's great. However, I've been having a problem with it (and possilbly other apps) using a lot of dbcache, and after doing a couple backups (and within 4-5 hours after with moderate use), I can no longer open Blazer (Web). It hangs on "Please wait" or gives a blank screen. Do you use the Web (Blazer), and if so, any problems? Thanks...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast