1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to copy an old version of datebook and versamail into ROm so I may get Blackberry connect running again?
    It seems Blackberry connect requires an older version of Datebook and versamail that are currently installed.
    This would truly make this device unbeatable... I would hate to have to reurn this beauty because of the lack of BBC.....

Any takers to help on this one?

Thanks
    I don't have the answer to that question, but I have a quick one for you,

Who is your blackberry connect provider (corporate or through t-mo/cingular)? I'd be interested in trying it on a CDMA device, but don't know where to get my BB service from.
  3.    #3  
    Does you company have a BES?
    no, I am a single user not int the corporate world. in the distant past I had bb through t-mobile.
    Are you sure it's datebook and versamail that is the problem? I've run the installer several times and finally got BBC to show up in versamail correctly, BUT after installing...the phone radio won't turn on. everything else is fine, just the phone. Any thoughts anyone?
  6.    #6  
    You ran this on a treo 700P and got it to work???? How?

Mine wont install the older versions of versamail and datebook....
    I had the same problem. reinstalled like 4 times and it finally worked. BBC showed up on its own in versamail, but like I said...phone radio wouldn't turn on, meaning no phone or internet... nada. btw who is ur phone thru? sprint? vzn?
  8. JJL
    Quote Originally Posted by wantAtreo700p
    I had the same problem. reinstalled like 4 times and it finally worked. BBC showed up on its own in versamail, but like I said...phone radio wouldn't turn on, meaning no phone or internet... nada. btw who is ur phone thru? sprint? vzn?
    Similar probvlem. I can get the files to install, but when the phone turns on it resets. Every single time!
    Haven't received my 700 yet, but frankly don't plan on activating until there's a fix for BBC.

Post #73 in This thread seems to indicate that Versamail isn't in the 700Ps ROM, that it's an added program. Has anyone simply skipped installing from their 700p CD and using the BBC installer instead? Or are you getting the error installing over the 700p version of Versamail?
    Last edited by dslunceford; 05/31/2006 at 02:36 PM.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Ugh! I was just getting used to having BBC on my Treo. I will also wait to activate my 700p until this is working.