Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just send them through a sprint uploader like you would any other sprint phone, it'll appear in your ringers! They sound GREAT too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Just send them through a sprint uploader like you would any other sprint phone, it'll appear in your ringers! They sound GREAT too!

Can you use that method for MP3s?
    Did you use the uploader at sprintusers (www.sprintusers.com)? What other uploaders are there?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by zyprexa
    Did you use the uploader at sprintusers (www.sprintusers.com)? What other uploaders are there?
    www.funformobile.com
    This is great news. Will it be possible for someone to create an app on the treo that will do the "uploading" locally or is that impossible?
    Last edited by BigTreo; 05/31/2006 at 01:01 AM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    Can you use that method for MP3s?
    No, I'm pretty sure it's AAC only, besides, AAC is better than MP3 in that the file size will be smaller for the same quality.
    I've never used a sprint ringtone uploader...how does that work?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I've never used a sprint ringtone uploader...how does that work?
    Have the file in an m4a or aac format (they're the same thing, in fact you can use quicktime to make these). Go to the site, browse to the file, put in your phone number. Your phone will then get an SMS with a link. Click the link and download and save. Then when it's all done go to the "sounds" app and it's in there.
    Does the uploader do something special? Can you simply post a sound file on your own web space & download from there?

(btw - 1st post from my 700p!)
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    Does the uploader do something special? Can you simply post a sound file on your own web space & download from there?

(btw - 1st post from my 700p!)
    As far as I know, I think it puts it in a wrapper called a .gcd. I'm not sure if it would work right off the bat without it, but you can try and let us know.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    a verizon solution?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    a verizon solution?
    Cancel service and pick up a sprint 700p.
    lol. That simple huh?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    a verizon solution?
    I don't know if they've changed it, but I remember a few years ago, Verizon phones weren't able to download content from anywhere else but Verizon. I'm not sure if this still holds true, but knowing Verizon, it probably is, and an uploader may not necessarily work for Verizon (if there are any, I haven't seen any myself).
    Bwah ha ha ha ha! I laughed out laugh at that one. So well put.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    muahaha, full size AAC == <3
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu
    muahaha, full size AAC == <3
    Yeah, I'm so happy b/c of this. No need for ringo!!!
    Yeah, I'm so happy b/c of this. No need for ringo!!!
    I have no luck in uloading any of my aac or mp4 files...tells me that they are too big even though they are not
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I have no luck in uloading any of my aac or mp4 files...tells me that they are too big even though they are not
    www.funformobile.com works for me.
    www.funformobile.com works for me.
    how do encode your files. I tried them...I don't suppose you are a mac user?
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast