Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Ok I did everything I was supposed to do As far as converting the file to aac.I sent it as a sms through focus on the sprintusers site.Download it but can't find it.It did not go to the ring tones.Where is it.Please help.Thanks
    I need to find my ringtones.Please help.My boys are laughing me under the table with the ringers that came with the treo.HELP ME.
    When I sent one through Focus it just put it in the Ringers. Prefs - Sound & Alerts - Manage
    Ok Here we go
    1. pick a song I want as a ring tone
    2. cut the song using nero
    3. encode the song to mp4/acc using nero
    Use this same program and steps to make ringers for my i870.

4.Now I go to focus on sprintusers.com and send song as a text
    5. receive text it comes in like this: http://www.sprintusers.com/focus/d/375762.gcd
    6. next click on link and it opens the web.Then I get a download warning saying that the download is not from sprint & sprint can not guarantee support etc.So I click yes anyway to download.
    7.the file size is only 89.6k.File name is dogisout.hit yes for download.
    8.next it gives me the option to save or save and open.I click save. It says download complete so i hit ok .
    9. now i go to sounds & alerts and what do you know IT'S NOT THERE.
    Am I missing a step.I need HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    It's going some damn where cause it's taking up memory.The Question is Where.Come on Merlyn work your magic on my phone.
  6.    #106  
    Don't use nero, I hear it won't work right if you do.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    is there any program that will allow me to reduce the amount of bass an mp3 has? The bass distorts on the speaker when I converted it.
    ok but where did those ringtones I downloaded go.
    OK, I tried this with partial success.

My problem is that any WAV and AMR file is saved directly into the new Voice Memo app rather than directly to ringtones. Whenever you do a copy to ringtone from Voice Memo, the file is truncated around 200k (manage sounds shows it about 195k, Filez shows it as around 204k). Does anyone else see this? This truncation not only doesn't let me use AAC, but is messing up the WAV ringtones that worked fine with my 650.

I did send a couple of ringtones from my 650 to the 700p via bluetooth and those seem to go to ringtones and don't get truncated. Very frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by amtatar
    For some reason I can't get my Verizon 700p to recognize any aac formats (aac, m4a). It will recognize .amr files and .qcp files, and if I change the extension on an m4a file to mp4, it will load it as a video and play the tone but I can't save the audio as a ringtone.

I'm trying to hack around the issue by renaming the file to .amr then loading it into Voice Memo, then saving it as a ringtone. I'm hoping if I change the "Type" or "Creator" I can get it to work properly.

So... Can any Sprint users that have an AAC ringtone working check out the attributes using Filez or something similar and post them?

Thanks!

EDIT: Got it working by tooling around. Here are some steps for Verizon users.

1. Convert your tone to aac (not m4a), then change the extension to .amr.
    2. Get the file onto the phone via BT, email, or direct from the card. I don't think it really matters how. Save it as a ringtone -- it will not play, though.
    3. Use Filez or something similar to change the "Type" from AMRf to AACf (Case is important). It will me listed as "TON-{name}".
    4. Have fun with your ringtone!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfos22
    ok but where did those ringtones I downloaded go.
    your SOUNDS application
    Alrighty,,,don't have a 700p yet (prolly won't for a looong time if ever), but I was wondering if anyone had tried uploading an aac file via blazer using the f:/// method off the card? This would seem like the easiest solution rather than relying on some 3rd party website...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I haven't but don't the 3rd party sites encode a wrapper around the file?
    Is there anyway of saving the ringtones to the SD card?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I haven't but don't the 3rd party sites encode a wrapper around the file?

Well is it that site that does that or blazer itself?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Well is it that site that does that or blazer itself?
    good question
    Any good program to cut down the song for Macs?
    Quote Originally Posted by JTSO23
    Any good program to cut down the song for Macs?
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

"AudacityŽ is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems."

Allows you to fully edit and pick which part of the music to save (not just trim the end off.) Save as MP3 then use iTunes (or QT) to convert to AAC.

BTW, I found it just by entering "macintosh sound editor" in Google.
    Got it to work stoped using nero and used wavpad.Only problem the ringers or not loud enough.Any suggestions on this.Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfos22
    Got it to work stoped using nero and used wavpad.Only problem the ringers or not loud enough.Any suggestions on this.Thanks
    Thats strange b/c my AAC files are louder than the MP3s that I converted them from. There are tons of programs available on the web that allow you to manipulate music. I use Goldwave, found at Goldwave.com. and play around with the volumn levels of the wav or mp3 files. Once I'm satisfied, I convert them with DMP Audio and upload them to Sprintusers.

k
    mine are not playing very loud. Do not know why.Any suggestions r welcomed
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast