Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    TopTongueBarry-

I tried your email method and it did not work. I know that if you sign up at <a www.3gupload.com you can load your own mp3 files and send them to your treo. The only downside is that you have to pay to sign up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ventura7
    TopTongueBarry-

I tried your email method and it did not work. I know that if you sign up at <a www.3gupload.com you can load your own mp3 files and send them to your treo. The only downside is that you have to pay to sign up.

Free here...

http://www.sprintusers.com/focus/
    ^Thanks... I just signed up.
    ^Thanks... I just signed up.
    odd...I didn't have to sign up for anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    odd...I didn't have to sign up for anything.
    He probably signed up for their forums...
    ^What he said.
    ^What he said.
    gotcha
    Is there anyway to save the ringers to the SD card?, I think the only reason for keeping ringo would be this little thing. I have over 65 ringers and they would eat up alot of space on the phone. Any ideas???
    I am converting some of my MP3 tones that I previously used as ringtones with Ringo. However, once I've converted them and uploaded them as .aac files, the result is somewhat choppy and not quite as smooth as the original Mp3.

When I play back the converted aac in iTunes it sounds smooth. Could the choppiness be happening in the upload to funformobile and then the transfer to my phone?

Anyone else experiencing this?
    K
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    Anyone else experiencing this?
    K
    Im using quicktime to convert and funformobile to upload. If you are talking about them being choppy while you are mugging with them in contacts... mine does that too. However, when the person actually calls, mine plays smooth.
    Are you saying you set ringtones in contacts? You can only set individual ringtones in the 650 in favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu
    Im using quicktime to convert and funformobile to upload. If you are talking about them being choppy while you are mugging with them in contacts... mine does that too. However, when the person actually calls, mine plays smooth.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Are you saying you set ringtones in contacts? You can only set individual ringtones in the 650 in favorites.
    That's correct...each contact has "ringtone" drop down menu just like in WM5
    My resulting .aac, even during call playback, is undesireable.

BTW!!! Anybody notice that Palm has taken MP3s and video ringtones out of their specs that they have published on their website?

They were there yesterday because I called Palm and had a very heated conversation with a rep regarding the misinformation in their online specs. I was furious because this isn't the first time that Palm has LIED to us Treonauts. In my anger the phrase "class action suit" may have escaped my lips and wouldn't ya know, today they have corrected the website.

I still intend to call and write their corporate office and if enough of us do it maybe it will result in a ROM update.
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    My resulting .aac, even during call playback, is undesireable.

BTW!!! Anybody notice that Palm has taken MP3s and video ringtones out of their specs that they have published on their website?

They were there yesterday because I called Palm and had a very heated conversation with a rep regarding the misinformation in their online specs. I was furious because this isn't the first time that Palm has LIED to us Treonauts. In my anger the phrase "class action suit" may have escaped my lips and wouldn't ya know, today they have corrected the website.

I still intend to call and write their corporate office and if enough of us do it maybe it will result in a ROM update.
    Someone at palm copied and pasted the specs from the 700W by accident. Looks like the got it fixed quickly.

What don't you like about your aac ringers? Have you tried encoding with higher quality?
    See, now you did it! I'm going to have to go out at lunchtime searching for a 700p!

That's correct...each contact has "ringtone" drop down menu just like in WM5
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Someone at palm copied and pasted the specs from the 700W by accident. Looks like the got it fixed quickly.
    I don't think they fixed it quickly enough! I'm sure my call wasn't the first call regarding this little snafoo, so why has the phone been in the hands of the public for several weeks and the change is just being made. I, for one, called before I made my purchase to confirm that those files were supported and I was told ABSOLUTELY YES. I even mentioned that chatboard members were saying that they weren't supported...anyhooooo, enough about that...

What don't you like about your aac ringers? Have you tried encoding with higher quality?
    My aac ringers are choppy. They sound fine on my PC but once I've sent them to my phone, I don't get a good result. As for encoding....you're talking to a rookie. I have no idea where to start. Suggestions ???
    phone's been out a week not "weeks"
    What? do you work for Palm??

Phone was released to the "public" only recently, but the phone has been in the hands of a select corporate group for longer.

Doesn't really matter to me if it were only a day. Those types of mistakes are unacceptable coming from a company like Palm, not to mention I CALLED prior to purchasing the phone to verify what was printed in the specs.

If I recall correctly, Palm made a similar proofreading "error" when the 650 was released. I think it was a voice dial claim.

K
    Last edited by nchargreed; 06/02/2006 at 02:48 PM.
    do you work for nicrosoft?
    I can see where you might think that I work for Microsoft, I did refer to myself as a rookie

You gonna give me a tip on encoding and make my day??

THanks

K
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast