Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    a program to do the uploading would deffinately be worth some money spent
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Cancel service and pick up a sprint 700p.
    thats not gonna happen but thanx. Sprint coverage sux where I live
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    how do encode your files. I tried them...I don't suppose you are a mac user?
    quicktime is one way to do it that works for me.
    you can convert to aac in itunes, right click the song, select convert to aac.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Funformobile works for Verizon phones as well...

Sent many mp3 tones as well as wallpapers, to my Razr, when I was having a fight with my beloved 650 -

It's pretty seamless... send - open - save
    thx for the info on funformobile and aac/mp4 tunes...

what's the easiest way to convert some current mp3 ringtones i have to mp4 or aac?

Jimmie G - can i just take some of the 30 sec mp3 clips i have - import them into itunes, and convert them there?
    -jscott
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Anyone have a problem with their Treo 700 becoming unstable after sending an AAC to it via an uploader? Mine slows to a crawl, I reset it and the AAC disappears.
    I don't have a 700p to test. Can you send it an AAC file via bluetooth? You could do that with WAV files on the 650.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    thx for the info on funformobile and aac/mp4 tunes...

what's the easiest way to convert some current mp3 ringtones i have to mp4 or aac?

Jimmie G - can i just take some of the 30 sec mp3 clips i have - import them into itunes, and convert them there?
    Easiest way is to open up the mp3 in quicktime and hit export and export it as an mpeg4
    When you upload a MP3 via funformobile.com does it then appear in the list of chooseable sounds for ringers, in with the midi files already on the Treo? Can you assign individual ringtone MP3s to individual callers?
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    a verizon solution?
    Open your wallet and say AHHHH .....
    I can upload them and I see that they show up in my ringers, but they don't play when I select them. Is anyone else having this problem? Also, has anyone tried to upload an MP3 in this fashion?
    Trager, while at the funformobile screen - right before you hit send - there is a carrier selection drop down... what carrier are you choosing... i only see Cingular, Verizon and T Mobile as options...

No Sprint in there?
    -jscott
    I didn't use funformobile. I can try that, I guess. I was using the Sprintusers.com Focus uploader (which requires me to rename the AAC files to M4a, although that shouldn't mess anything up).
    Also, what AAC settings are y'all using?
    Yeah, funformobile didn't fix it. When I look at the uploaded ringer in the Manage screen, there's a little lock looking thing by each of the uploaded AAC/m4a tones. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trager
    Yeah, funformobile didn't fix it. When I look at the uploaded ringer in the Manage screen, there's a little lock looking thing by each of the uploaded AAC/m4a tones. Any ideas?
    Have not tried this yet, but based on previous experiences with transferring multimedia files for use on my 650, you might try this:

Attach the .aac or .m4a encoded file to an email and send it to a POP account you've already set up in Versamail . Get your mail on the TREO 700p. Then click on the attachment. It will ask where you want to save it. Save it to the device, not the card.

Someone try this and let me know if it works.
    Thanks,
    Barry
    I am assuming these AAC files are saved to memory. How big are they compared to MP3? I already have custom made MP3 ringtones on my card using LightWav and am trying to figure out if this would be any better.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I used the file manager function in Zlauncher, and the files are being saved to memory properly. They are showing in the ringtone manager, too, but with a lock symbol next to them. Not sure what that means, but I am guessing that's why it won't play.
    Works just great for me. Good find!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast