1.    #1  
    I just called business support to switch my Treo 650 ESN to my 700P. They want to charge me a $36 fee. Is this a new policy? First time this has happened to me in 10 years as a Sprint customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoppins
    I just called business support to switch my Treo 650 ESN to my 700P. They want to charge me a $36 fee. Is this a new policy? First time this has happened to me in 10 years as a Sprint customer.
    They started that around 12/05. Annoying as hell.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ttoppins
    Only on activating a new phone, in other words, if no one else has activated that ESN before, it's a $36 charge. If someone already has, then there's no charge.
    after the Nextel merger, this has been implemented
    Isn't this the "activation fee". I hope it is, b/c I had mine waived and don't want to get hit with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rvr2k3
    Isn't this the "activation fee". I hope it is, b/c I had mine waived and don't want to get hit with this.
    Getting harder & harder to get it waived.

Bought my connection card in a Sprint store a few months back. She waived the connection fee. The system added it again a day later. She deleted it again, and it got added again. It finally did go away, but you need to be persistant.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Oh, I WILL be persistent. I am not one of the folks on the SERO plan, so I will not be nickeled and dimed over this. God bless those who got the SERO plan with the 700P.
    Quote Originally Posted by rvr2k3
    Oh, I WILL be persistent. I am not one of the folks on the SERO plan, so I will not be nickeled and dimed over this. God bless those who got the SERO plan with the 700P.
    Heh...better than SERO is the old $85 2000 minute plan with 2 lines, unlimited data and sms for both. I love my plan!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Heh...better than SERO is the old $85 2000 minute plan with 2 lines, unlimited data and sms for both. I love my plan!!!
    Show off!
    When I called today to do an ESN they did not tell me they were charginf me. I'll see if it's on my bill.
    Jimmie Geddes
    The lady on the phone gave me the PV $15 pack for $10, so even if I'm charged $6, I'm coming out WAY ahead. Plus, ecare promised to honor my $10 discount I had on vision, so now it's free!
    I also didn't have to change my plan, unless they did my data plan automatically?
    Jimmie Geddes
    I always find it funny that they charge $36 for someone to click a button on a screen to activate your phone. $36 a click. Think about how much money some of the posters here would be making if they got $36 per click. I think some people would have bragging rights to Bill Gates.

Note: The above statement is called an exaggeration. Do not be alarmed as it is intended to be taken in a humorous manner.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    I swapped my service today from a 650 to my new 700p, and was not charged for the ESN swap.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  15.    #15  
    just called back and they didn't mention charge. We'll see on next bill. Also didn't change plan, or at least didn't tell me if they did. At this point seems like I still have my old grandfathered $85/mo 2000 min unlimited data and text plan. next bill will tell.
    if you go into a store you usely dont get the charge the fee because the rep dont add the fee