Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am at the sprint store now. will let u know what happens
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    with the 650 and 700p screen brightness set to 1 notch under full and side by side, the 650 screen has a blue/green hue and the 700 screen has a brown/orange hue.

Doesn't bother me at all.

Chuck
    what warranty date is yours?

uhg!!!! they gave me a new one and it was worse than my current one. it also has a warranty date of 5-11. I told them to keep it and that I would check back on thurs. (that is when their shipment comes in)

who else has a warranty date of 5-11 with a crappy screen.
  4.    #24  
    I guess the warranty date doesn't help much when trying to figure out if there were batches that had "bad" screens. I see some with 05/08/2006 dates with good screens, some with bad. I see others with later / newer warranty dates with good and bad screens.

My first 700P had a 05/12/2006 date and had that orange-ish tint. My second 700P has a 05/08/2006 date and has a nice blue-ish tint.
    how can I get a blue-ish one... uhg.. the brownish/orangish one just drives me crazy. did u get both of yours through rententions?
  6.    #26  
    No ordered my directly from Palm.
    you ordered your replacement one through palm? did you order your original one through palm?

I got my original one through retentions. Maybe I should get my replacement one through palm.

What # did you call?
    I'm getting a replacement due to a 'p' key that no longer responds. Hopefully it's bluish.

Took a picture before I sold the 650:

http://tinyurl.com/f88hh

You can definately see the bluer 650 and the redder 700. I prefer the screen om the 650 many times over. In the same brightness setting, as shown in the pic above, the 650 was brighter.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    My wifes phone looks like the left one. It looks beautiful. I contacted sprint (our bill was messed up) and I asked retentions to put a note on our account that I am allowed to exchange my treo for the blueish screen when I can find one (regardless if it is past the 14 days) (they said that was fine). I went to two sprint stores and both phones (one at each store) they had there had the orangish one).. I biggest difference that my wife and I can see is when the theme is set to "tree". the colors are really bad then. (not that I would ever choose that theme IMHO but it shows the problem more)
    Last edited by BabelFish; 06/19/2006 at 08:29 PM.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish
    you ordered your replacement one through palm? did you order your original one through palm?

I got my original one through retentions. Maybe I should get my replacement one through palm.

What # did you call?
    Got my original one and my replacement through Palm. Palm's phone number is at the top of every page on their online Treo Store.
    Haahaha I Just Saw The Taxi Cab!!!! Hahahahhaaha
    I called palm to see if they knew of a difference in the screens and the guy on the phone had no clue about it. They also told me that I had to go through sprint for my replacement. oh well. I will wait until thurs for the new shipments and see if I can find a better model then. uhg..
    I have noticed that my Treo 700p screen seems to be getting more white and less red... anyone else?

-CK
    Quote Originally Posted by ckonkel
    I have noticed that my Treo 700p screen seems to be getting more white and less red... anyone else?

-CK
    I must be color blind. Also, maybe the blue color people are seeing is coming from the ambience of the blue casing on at least the Sprint models making it seem like a blue tint, or brighter. My 700p has a beautiful bright screen and it doesn't seem to have a redish or brownish tint.
    at&t iPhone3G
    well here I am... back at the sprint store. I sure hope the new phone has a better screen. if it doesn't, then there is no point in switching phones. I will let everyone know what happens. I am passed the 15 days but I had rententions put a note on my account that I could exchange my phone with no questions asked.
    uhg!!! they gave me the same phone!!! they wouldn't give me another one. they said a new shipment didn't come in. grrrrr so I have to wait until monday! I am going to another store.
    My journey has finally ended. I went to the sprint store and they opened several boxes for me. AND I FINALLY FOUND THE FONE I WANTED. I am including fotos of the new phone. (taken with a 700p) it has the same key pad as the 650 and is just as bright. the whites are soo white.. no more brownish hues. I am so glad that this is over. it took over 30 days to get the replacement but it was worth it. I just hope this new screen doesn't give me the same problems the last one did. I love my new phone. the other phone's keyboard was just not bright enough and the screen was horrible. unforunately I don't have pics of my old phone to compare it to but maybe someone else can post some pictures of their phone. I am sure if people start posting their pics it will become apparent real quick as to how inconsistent these phones are.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  18.    #38  
    Grats on finally getting "a good one". I went through two before getting one I liked. The plus for me (maybe you saw the other thread) is that my keyboard lights have a sea green / blue tint.

I can't believe how much difference in quality there are in each unit. Palm has a pretty bad QA department.
    I swapped my screen in my 700p with one from an old 650... Much better!
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    I swapped my screen in my 700p with one from an old 650... Much better!
    I thought the 650 screen was 2mm smaller than the 700p screen?!?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast