1.    #1  
    I think the answer is yes, but before I go and blow up my never-used 700p, I figured I'd ask the question. My understanding is that Palm boosted ever so slightly the capacity of the battery that comes with the 700p as compared to the standard battery for the 650. Rather than plug my new 700p in the wall for the next several hours and not get to play with it, I was thinking of popping my 650's battery into it.

Sound safe enough?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    same batt...go for it!
    I've already done some battery swaps. Works great.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    same batt...go for it!
    May I differ on that?

The stock 650 battery is 1800mAh.

The stock 700P battery is 1900mAh.

It will probably work -- but you will have less use time? 6% less?

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    May I differ on that?

Cheers, Perry.
    It will work. The voltage is the same, it's the current that's different. 100mAh is nothing to be concerned about.

I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

May I differ on that?

Cheers, Perry.
    not here..700P battery is 1800MAH
    Ya, I am searching for where I read 1900mAh on the 700P.
    Ya, I am searching for where I read 1900mAh on the 700P.
    I know I heard that before too but both that I have played with are 1800
    He's right. The part # on my stock 650 battery, and stock 700P battery are the same. The mAh is not listed on the 650 battery, only the 700P.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

http://www.sprint.com/business/resources/treo700p.pdf

This says 1900 mAh -- but what is in your Treo 700P is obviously, more correct.
    Yeah, my 700p's battery is 1800 mAh too.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
  12.    #12  
    Well there you go. I couldn't remember what the 650's mAh was because it's not labeled. My 700p's battery is labeled as 1800 mAh, so I guess Sprint's page is wrong.
    I recommend getting seidio's extended battery, I got the 2400. It's the same size as the stock battery, and gives you so much more battery life. Plus you always have an extra battery.
    Jimmie Geddes
  14.    #14  
    Is it heavier? If so, how much heavier?
    So here is the 64K question... I am doing the trade in with PalmOne and sending in my 650. Is it okay to keep the battery or do I have to give that up too?
    -meonline
    It doesn't feel heavier.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    It doesn't feel heavier.
    It's hard as hell to get out of the Treo 700 once you put it in though. I really struggled with it. However, the product itself is great, just very snug. It was snug in the 650 too, but it feels more so in this one (BTW, I'm referring the Seidio 2400).
    Quote Originally Posted by meonline
    So here is the 64K question... I am doing the trade in with PalmOne and sending in my 650. Is it okay to keep the battery or do I have to give that up too?

I asked the folks at palm that. They tell me they want the Phone, battery, usb cable and charger.

Bummer. I thought we might score on just sending in the phone.