Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It lights up fine (red) when charging, but never switches to flashing green when disconnected. The phone was on when it was activated, and it now works fine, but still no flashing light. I tried a soft reset but no go. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by ganapati
    It lights up fine (red) when charging, but never switches to flashing green when disconnected. The phone was on when it was activated, and it now works fine, but still no flashing light. I tried a soft reset but no go. Any ideas?
    Yeah, read the manual, or search. this has been covered.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Works fine on my VZ 700p. Flashing green when in range of cell signal; solid orange when using data service; charging - solid red; charged - solid green just exactly like the 650.

Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcgirt
    Works fine on my VZ 700p. Flashing green when in range of cell signal; solid orange when using data service; charging - solid red; charged - solid green just exactly like the 650.

Frank
    That's the way my VZW 700p works. Based on another thread, I think the Sprint 700's LED only blinks if there is a message, though I could have that wrong.
    My Sprint Treo 700p is having the same problem, anybody else with Sprint and this same issue?
    My LED doesn't blink green when I'm in an area w/ coverage like my 650 did. Most of the time, the LED is off. I only ever see it when the battery is low (red) or when it's charged (green). I saw it blinking green earlier, but don't remember what it was doing.
    Same here - Sprint service, no LED flash...
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    Ok, I'm confused. In the 650 thread, if you do a search you can find several threads on how to stop it blinking, and now that they've made the phone so it doesn't blink, you're complaining?

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Mine doesn't flash either.
    --Don
    I am glad mine does not flash. My Cingular GSM would flash just to show it was on the network and it was annoying. Butler would fix it, but would also wipe my preferences out if it rebooted.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    I am glad mine does not flash. My Cingular GSM would flash just to show it was on the network and it was annoying. Butler would fix it, but would also wipe my preferences out if it rebooted.
    Me too - now I don't have to install a Treo kernel hack to disable it. It only comes on for alerts or when it's charging - finally!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    My VZW 700p is always blinking green. Is this how it should be? Or only when I have an alert?
    I guess Verizon and Sprint had their 700Ps' LED programmed differently. Sounds like the Verizon 700Ps' LED should blink all the time when in coverage and the Sprint one shouldn't.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I only want mine to blink when I have an alert. Anyone know of a fix for this?
    ^ swap phones with us Sprint users.

I preferred a blinking green within the first day or two since my old phone had the same behavior. I called it the "everything's ok"-light.

But now, I actually kind of like the LED showing only when the Treo needs attention. It's now called the "No news is good news"-light.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Anyone suggest using Butler? I have never used it. Any input would be great.
    I bet Bulter will address this when it's 700P ready! Or perhaps the Splash Screen Mod can fix it?
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 06/01/2006 at 07:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ganapati
    I just got my 700p today. Sprint. Activated. Everything working. I noticed the front LED does not blink green when it's on the network. It lights up solid red when it's charging, and solid green when fully charged. When I take it off the charger, like yours, there is no blinking green LED as there has always been on my 650.

Has anyone CONFiRMED with Sprint or Palm that this is normal behavior for a 700p on Sprint? I want to make sure I did not get a defective unit. I've been on hold with Sprint now for half an hour waiting to talk to someone (as if they'll know)..

Everything on it works - the phone, Blazer, PowerVision connections, camera, speaker, you name it, it works. Only this little quirk. No flashing green LED when it's on the network. Solid red when charging (cable or cradle), solid green when charged.

The ONLY third party software I've installed so far is FileZ.

Is this or is this not normal behavior for a brand new 700p on Sprint?

Thanks,

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Yeah, read the manual, or search. this has been covered.
    Page what of the manual? Search for exactly what, or five us a forum or Palm URL please.

Thanks,

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Ok, I'm confused. In the 650 thread, if you do a search you can find several threads on how to stop it blinking, and now that they've made the phone so it doesn't blink, you're complaining?

Amen.

I personally always wanted it on to know the phone wasn't turned off.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast