1.    #1  
    Anyone called Sprint lately and heard the 700p is on backorder?

Origins of question
    I called telesales this morning and they offered me a crappy deal.

So, I called retention and was offered $399 much like every one else. The only issue was they told me "not in system, we will call you when available." I didn't hear anything all day and happened to stop at my local Sprint store tonight. They had them in stock but wouldn't come close to the deal retentions was offering, the sales guy asked if I could get him the same deal. I said "call retentions"

I got home and decided to call back and try to place my order at the end of my order the rep says the system says these are on backorder now. WTF? Has anyone else heard this? Could it be that they just haven't fully migrated through the computer systems so it isn't showing an inventory level?

Anyways, I guess I will wait and see how long it takes. Good news is that guy took another $30 off the price I was quoted this morning to make it $369.
    I just placed my order with sprint by calling *2, and had no such issues. I was told 3-5 days.
    Sprint Treos 300->600->650->700p
    Sprint Pre
    Virgin Optimus V
    ATT Galaxy Skyrocket (current)
    Ordered mine but it's backordered, won't be back in stock for another 2 days according to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by roughwater
    Anyone called Sprint lately and heard the 700p is on backorder?

Was told the same thing by telesales, then the business department put my order through saying nothing about the phone being backordered.... This was at 8pm EST
    good lord, I thought I was in the clear.... we are never gonna see our phones D:
    Quote Originally Posted by camhabib
    Ordered mine but it's backordered, won't be back in stock for another 2 days according to them.
    I placed an order through telesales at approx. 2:00pm today and was told the 700p would ship today-no mention of back order. However, I will believe it when I have the 700p in my hands.
    Legalbeagle