Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Mods, please sticky this thread so there aren't any duplicates, thanks!

I thought a ## code thread would be useful to have for the 700p. So far, what I've discovered is these:

##DATA# - data provisioning
    ##DEBUG# - typical debug menu
    ##EVDO# - force or disable EVDO
    ##RTN# - lifetimer and factory reset
    ##PRI# - reset your PRI, if you know what you're doing
    ##PREV# - sets the P_REV of your voice calls

I wanna see if anyone's discovered any others, particularly pertaining to DDTM or ModemNAI. So folks, let's make a list.

ADDED:

##ERR# (##377#) - shows last error
    Last edited by Merlyn_3D; 05/30/2006 at 07:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    another is ##377#

im pretty sure alot of people know about it, but it shows what caused the last crash on the treo. Could be useful as we try to figure out if all programs are compatible together on the 700
    I know this is a stupid question but I'm new to the treo world.The ##EVDO# code how does it work,what does it do and where do you type it in at.Thanks in advanced.Please don't bash a brother to hard.LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Mods, please sticky this thread so there aren't any duplicates, thanks!

I thought a ## code thread would be useful to have for the 700p. So far, what I've discovered is these:

##DATA# - data provisioning
    ##DEBUG# - typical debug menu
    ##EVDO# - force or disable EVDO
    ##RTN# - lifetimer and factory reset
    ##PRI# - reset your PRI, if you know what you're doing
    ##PREV# - sets the P_REV of your voice calls

I wanna see if anyone's discovered any others, particularly pertaining to DDTM or ModemNAI. So folks, let's make a list.

ADDED:

##ERR# (##377#) - shows last error
    Merlyn...what are the P_REV settings for?

thanks!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Merlyn...what are the P_REV settings for?

thanks!
    Revisions of CDMA, I believe, but don't quote me on it. IS-95B was what CDMA was before 1X came out. 1xCDMA2000 is what P_Rev 6 is, it has some improvements over the old revision, I just don't know what they are off the top of my head. Had sprint gone with EVDV, we woulda had another revision, but EVDO is data only, so all voice is still done over 1xCDMA2000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Revisions of CDMA, I believe, but don't quote me on it. IS-95B was what CDMA was before 1X came out. 1xCDMA2000 is what P_Rev 6 is, it has some improvements over the old revision, I just don't know what they are off the top of my head. Had sprint gone with EVDV, we woulda had another revision, but EVDO is data only, so all voice is still done over 1xCDMA2000.
    thanks...I think I'll leave those alone
    Here's a decompiled list. Decode away! Shadowmite's list from before might fill in some of these:
    http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46

633 <- OFF (phone off)
    8778 <- UPST (bootloader)
    #43574357*
    Can some please answer my question above please.Need Treo for dummies.Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfos22
    I know this is a stupid question but I'm new to the treo world.The ##EVDO# code how does it work,what does it do and where do you type it in at.Thanks in advanced.Please don't bash a brother to hard.LOL
    go to the phone application and dial

##EVDO#

good luck!
    Thanks.When I do this will it force EVDO.I live 5 min outside of Dallas,tx and I can not get EVDo will this help speed up my connection?
    I have bad news for you guys when you force evdo by using ##evdo#. I did ##evdo# on my 700p and I checked the box that said force evdo. I browsed a few sites, then tried to call my 700p when it was in data and it rung then went to my voice mailbox. I tried this for a total of six times and they all when to my voicemail. When I unchecked the box for force evdo, I tried again to call and the calls came through. So I am warning you guys not to force evdo because you will miss all your phone calls!! The phone is set on auto for a reason!!
    same here...all to voicemail
    ##TIME# - Displays note with current date and time.

I know its not very useful
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    I have bad news for you guys when you force evdo by using ##evdo#. I did ##evdo# on my 700p and I checked the box that said force evdo. I browsed a few sites, then tried to call my 700p when it was in data and it rung then went to my voice mailbox. I tried this for a total of six times and they all when to my voicemail. When I unchecked the box for force evdo, I tried again to call and the calls came through. So I am warning you guys not to force evdo because you will miss all your phone calls!! The phone is set on auto for a reason!!

Same Here. I tried to force EVDO and then all calls go right to voicemail afterwards.
    How about ##041194, is that only for my phone, or any phone to access the Phone Activation menu?
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Burkhardi, that's the MSL for your unique phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600
    Burkhardi, that's the MSL for your unique phone.
    Sweet, make sure I keep that number then..LOL
    I thought that may be the case, but the screen didn't show much, I guess the number (minus the ##) can be used in other places.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I learned a new one today

##HWTST#
    This runs a hardware test
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    When you do the hardware test, there is a ringtone you play for an audio test - I want it! How to extract??
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Sorry I don't know :-(
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast