Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 87
  1.    #1  
    My 700P (ordered from Palm) was waiting on my doorstep when I got home from work today! Popped in the battery and called the Sprint cust svc phone number to activate my new account (going to cancel the T-Mo account I'm using with my Treo 600). After giving them all of my information, they tell me that they can't activate my phone. I need to go in person to a Sprint store so they can do a "manual credit verification"? WTF!!!!!???? The whole reason I ordered from Palm over the web was the convenience of not needing to go into a store. My credit is fine, why do I need to do this stuff in person?

    If this is the sort of crap cust svc I can expect from Sprint, maybe I'll just return this 700p and get a Verizon 700p. I'll sleep on it and see if I feel differently in the morning. But if this thing can't get activated with just a phone call tomorrow, I won't have the time to activate it until this weekend. That's four more days of this thing sitting there in my hand with no EVDO, no streaming audio, no Chatter email. !@#$!!!!!!!!!!
  2. #2  
    You want someone to verify your credit without verifying that you are who you say you are??

    Sprint is trying to protect you from someone else using your stolen info, and themselves from a lawsuit for allowing it without proper identity verification.

    If this is too big a problem I do recommend you go to a carrier that doesn't care about protecting their customers or themselves.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    You want someone to verify your credit without verifying that you are who you say you are??

    Sprint is trying to protect you from someone else using your stolen info, and themselves from a lawsuit for allowing it without proper identity verification.

    If this is too big a problem I do recommend you go to a carrier that doesn't care about protecting their customers or themselves.
    Gotta agree with the Dragon on this one.
  4. #4  
    While I agree with Sprint trying to protect you, they should be activating the phone for you anyways. There would be no point in ordering a phone on the internet if you have to go into a store. You can order a credit card over the phone. You just need certain amounts of information, such as your social security number.

    And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

    Signed,
    The n00b!

    P.s. Bow before me!

    Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  5.    #5  
    Whozajiggawha? I've booked several vacations, bought thousands of dollars worth of electronics, and applied for a home mortgage over the internet without someone needing to verify my identity in person. T-Mobile was able to verify my identity without me going into a retail location when I signed up with them several years ago. Sprint sucks.
  6. #6  
    return it and save yourself an ulcer
  7. #7  
    That's ridiculous....if I was Palm, I'd stop taking orders for the Sprint model and push the other carriers....see how long that policy lasts.

    It seems odd that you can order a $679 phone online without the, seeing your face but you can't sign up for $39 a month servcie w/o going in person ???

    I buy $30k a year woth of stuff online but I wouldn't buy a phone that way...not because o security, it's just that the best deal I can get is local.
  8. #8  
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    return it and save yourself an ulcer
    Depending on how quickly Verizon can get one in my hand without the need for a photo id, a set of fingerprints, and a ***** sample, I just might return it.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty87
    Depending on how quickly Verizon can get one in my hand without the need for a photo id, a set of fingerprints, and a ***** sample, I just might return it.
    But are you really going to let Verizon screw you with their data plans (costs $45, vs Sprint's $15) just because Sprint told you to go to the store? I know it's inconvenient and you don't think you should have to do it, but I'd stick with Sprint just to avoid Verizon's horrible data pricing. I guess if the price difference is no issue for you, then Verizon would be ok, but personally, I think Verizon is evil and their data plans are way overpriced.
  11. #11  
    I also have very good credit and the same thing happened to me. Turns out it was because I had (some time ago) placed a block on my credit report for my own protection. This apparently prevented Sprint from running my credit without verifying ID.

    A pain sure, but I am glad Sprint is following the rules. (as I understand them anyway)
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante
    But are you really going to let Verizon screw you with their data plans (costs $45, vs Sprint's $15) just because Sprint told you to go to the store? I know it's inconvenient and you don't think you should have to do it, but I'd stick with Sprint just to avoid Verizon's horrible data pricing. I guess if the price difference is no issue for you, then Verizon would be ok, but personally, I think Verizon is evil and their data plans are way overpriced.
    Verizon is overpriced. I hate it, but where I live Sprint coverage is sub-par (out in the sticks). However, I have always been pleased with Verizon's customer service once I "00" out of the phone menu system. Plus, I was able to activate my 700p in about 3 minutes today without even talking to a rep today.
    Verizon 600, 700w, 700p -> Sprint Centro
  13. #13  
    You may have bought high ticket items online, have you Signed any other multi-year contracts without them verifying your identity.

    You are agreeing to a 2 YEAR contract. Of course you need your identity verified.

    Get over it or get out.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  14. #14  
    When I called Sprint to activate a new line on my 700p today, the drone switched me over to the credit department. At first I was concerned since there should not have been a credit problem (and until 1.5 yrs ago, I had a Sprint line for many years). They said it was to confirm my identity by asking me to identify data about myself obtained from public records. My first thought was that if the information is public, what use is this process?

    Anyway, I had to pick out my work phone number which changed nearly 10 years ago from a list of four similar telephone numbers, specify the color of one of our cars (almost screwed that up -- seems the public record interprets "lunar mist" as "silver" ) and some other piece of arcane data. I think it would be easier to adopt a child! Eventually, they authorized me for five lines with no spending limit. Told them, just one would be fine. But I was exhausted after that.

    Also, the drone told me that it would cost $80 in addition to the $25 Ultimate Power Vision plan if I wanted to use the Treo as a modem for my laptop. I suggested she was incorrect, but that I would deal with that on another day -- just wanted to get my phone up and running first!
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    You may have bought high ticket items online, have you Signed any other multi-year contracts without them verifying your identity.

    You are agreeing to a 2 YEAR contract. Of course you need your identity verified.

    Get over it or get out.
    Multi-year contracts done completely online: T-Mobile, TiVo.

    The net present value of a two-year $40/month cell plan is A LOT less than several of those big-ticket items I've bought online.

    The web page with Sprint logos tatooed all over it that comes up after my order was completed instructed me to activate my new account by phone to take advantage of the $150 service credit (with new 2 year service activation) that yields the advertised price of "$399". Why would they instruct me to call that number to activate my 700p if all new service activations require in-person ID checks?

    Sprint sucks -- and the fact that Sprint fanboys are eager to defend this BS has provided quite a bit of entertainment that almost, ALMOST, makes up for the frustration of the phone sitting in my hands mocking me with no connectivity.
  16. #16  
    It does seem kind of quacky...when you can apply for a mortgage on line these days, but you have to take the good with the bad with Sprint.
    at&t iPhone3G
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty87
    Whozajiggawha? I've booked several vacations, bought thousands of dollars worth of electronics, and applied for a home mortgage over the internet without someone needing to verify my identity in person. T-Mobile was able to verify my identity without me going into a retail location when I signed up with them several years ago. Sprint sucks.
    ya, what he said! ha!
  18. #18  
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...rying_baby.jpg Waaaahhhh!!!

    Quit whining. If you're too lazy to go into a store to activate it, move on then. Of course, you'll spend more time ordering a phone from VZW, and waiting for it to be delivered then you would just going to your local Sprint store, but who cares. If it makes baby feel good...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  19. #19  
    Sprint sucks -- and the fact that Sprint fanboys are eager to defend this BS has provided quite a bit of entertainment that almost, ALMOST, makes up for the frustration of the phone sitting in my hands mocking me with no connectivity.
    couldn't agree with you more.
  20. #20  
    I believe more and more companies are going to require person-to-person interactions for things like phone contracts because of the growing problem of identity theft. The problem is out of control and Sprint is just trying to protect themselves. Don't kid yourself that they're doing it for you. It's corporate CYA and it's the growing trend.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions