Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 87
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    Though CSR's sometimes are incorrect, they are generally friendly. Maybe if customers were friendlier, they would be treated in a friendlier fashion?
    Interesting. I would rather have a rude, competent CSR than a friendly, incompetent one. Last I heard, CSR stood for Customer Service Rep, not Customer Smiles Rep.
  2. #62  
    hate to be the lemon juice in the cut, but sprint's always been great on customer service with me...
    and i've always left with a smile...especially this time around upgrading my 650 to the 700p
    ~there is no spoon~
  3. #63  
    Matty,
    Let me get this straight. YOU didn't follow the directions posted on the website, then when Sprint tries to follow procedure set up to protect against identity theft because the CSR probably didn't have access to the info you entered you say SPRINT sucks???
    What's wrong with THIS picture. Sounds pretty clueless to me.

    You don't have time to go to a store but you have time to find a thread that was on the 3rd page and then cry "I'm a customer...you shouldn't talk to me like that." You could have found the time...face it YOU didn't WANT to. Fine, but at least be honest about it.

    Complaining because you didn't get things exactly the way you wanted then blaming a company with 25 million subscribers because YOU didn't follow the clearly laid out procedure sounds like a crybaby to me.

    You didn't even post this thread in the correct forum here...it belongs in the CDMA US section. It has nothing to do with the 700 other than that was the phone you got. You have no issue with the phone but with Sprint.

    I've been in Sales since 1988 and while I don't like to send business away I've learned there are some customers that aren't worth the hassle. That's what you look like to me. You take no responsibility for you own actions and choices and blame the Company as soon as thing don't go exactly the way you want. Yet, you STILL seem to want to do business with them.

    What's more foolish than doing business with a Company you clearly have no respect for and loudly berate??

    Please do us a favor and go to Verizon if that's you attitude.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  4. #64  
    One last thing. I am an employee but what I post here is MY opinion and does not necessarily reflect the position of Sprint. I'm here on my own time.

    I posted my occupation to give perspective as to WHY I personally hold that opinion.

    If you have a problem with what I say deal with ME. I may explain a policy or procedure but in the final analysis what I say are MY words not Sprint corporate policy unless I specifically say ( and I sometimes do) The Policy is....

    Flame away but remember Dragon are immune to fire..
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  5. #65  
    This is the most assinine thread started by the most assinine poster I've ever seen on TC.

    Look you clueless jackass, I was the victim of identity theft just a few days ago. Some a$$hole decided to clean out my checking account using my debit card number. You should be thankful Sprint asked to verify your ID, because you no doubt would be pissing all over yourself right now if someone posed as your sorry a$$ and activated a phone on your dime. I can see it now, New thread by jackass:

    "Waaahhh, why didn't Sprint verify this guys info...Sprint Sucks!"

    WTF dude, you live in the ANWAR or some remote location? You don't have the time to go into a store? Mom too busy to drive you??

    The funniest thing about all this, is your stupid a$$ b!tching about Sprint the whole time, and yet you still sign up? Thats genius.


    Quote Originally Posted by Matty87

    Sprint sucks.
    Sprint may suck, but it seems you swallow.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    This is the most assinine thread started by the most assinine poster I've ever seen on TC.

    Look you clueless jackass, I was the victim of identity theft just a few days ago. Some a$$hole decided to clean out my checking account using my debit card number. You should be thankful Sprint asked to verify your ID, because you no doubt would be pissing all over yourself right now if someone posed as your sorry a$$ and activated a phone on your dime. I can see it now, New thread by jackass:

    "Waaahhh, why didn't Sprint verify this guys info...Sprint Sucks!"

    WTF dude, you live in the ANWAR or some remote location? You don't have the time to go into a store? Mom too busy to drive you??

    The funniest thing about all this, is your stupid a$$ b!tching about Sprint the whole time, and yet you still sign up? Thats genius.




    Sprint may suck, but it seems you swallow.
    Why don't ya tell him how ya really feel??
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Why don't ya tell him how ya really feel??
    I would get my self banned if I really let loose.

    Of all the stupid things to complain about. If you don't like the coverage, fine. If they messed up your bill, I can undersand. But to crap all over oneself because they asked to verify his ID...



    Like I said, wait until you're the victim of theft...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I would get my self banned if I really let loose.

    Of all the stupid things to complain about. If you don't like the coverage, fine. If they messed up your bill, I can undersand. But to crap all over oneself because they asked to verify his ID...



    Like I said, wait until you're the victim of theft...
    Ya I always wanna punch people who get pissed about a cashier asking for ID with a credit card. I also hate those card commercials bragging about how the store doesn't care who are (I think its MasterCard if I remember right)
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Ya I always wanna punch people who get pissed about a cashier asking for ID with a credit card. I also hate those card commercials bragging about how the store doesn't care who are (I think its MasterCard if I remember right)
    oh totally love it when they ask for my ID...
    here's a note:

    on all of my credit cards i write:

    "PLEASE CHECK ID" in obnoxious sharpie....
    not my signature...
    so they kinda are forced to ask if they even check the back....
    ;-)
    ~there is no spoon~
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I was the victim of identity theft just a few days ago. Some a$$hole decided to clean out my checking account using my debit card number.
    Could not have happened to a nicer person...

    Insertion... why don't you crawl back into your hole? Every time I visit these forums, I have to listen to your BS... it gets old...

    Sprint and insertion sucks... bigtime. And now both have credit issues....
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog
    Could not have happened to a nicer person...

    Insertion... why don't you crawl back into your hole? Every time I visit these forums, I have to listen to your BS... it gets old...

    Sprint and insertion sucks... bigtime. And now both have credit issues....
    My credit is fine, jackass. If you don't like what I have to say, use the ignore feature, moron. If you haven't the brains to figure that out, feel free to ask.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  12. #72  
    Who yanked your chain? If you don't want to see his "bs" try the ignore button.

    You are a real prince!! You rejoice in somebody elses misfurtune...Karma is a MoFo...
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog
    Could not have happened to a nicer person...

    Insertion... why don't you crawl back into your hole? Every time I visit these forums, I have to listen to your BS... it gets old...

    Sprint and insertion sucks... bigtime. And now both have credit issues....
    Listen pal, maybe that should be a clue not to visit? I assure you we'd all rather have him than you any day of the week!

    As far as Matty87 and his opinion's, um, look pal, I don't work for Sprint, but I sell 'em, and let me 'splain somethin' to ya. Despite what Dragon said, I don't think it's policy to make EVERY customer come into the store. In my experience when they've told me to verify someone's identity it's because something popped up that looked questionable. It's often exactly what someone said earlier. An account opened in your name fraudulently. I understand that's not the case with you, but something got their hackles up. Inconvienent? Yup. Qualifying them for the "SUCKS" moniker? No.

    Of course, you, unfortunately, could have been the victim of something else entirely. You see, sometimes large corporations like Sprint feel that the folks in the field need a challange to keep 'em sharp. When this happens they get on their own CS lines and pose as CSRs. Then they find the biggest jack@$$ they can (that's you) and **** him off real bad. Then they send said jack@$$ (that's you) to the store to see how employees deal with him. Fair? Nope, but there was a very simple way to avoid having it happen. Don't be a jack@$$!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog
    Could not have happened to a nicer person...

    Insertion... why don't you crawl back into your hole? Every time I visit these forums, I have to listen to your BS... it gets old...

    Sprint and insertion sucks... bigtime. And now both have credit issues....
    I didn't even catch that the first time. Still waking up. You think ID theft is funny? You think its cool because it happened to someone you don't like? Wow. I mean WOW! Does your mom know what a wonderful person you turned out to be? Or does she just leave you alone in the basement all the time?

    Karma, buddy. Karma. Look it up.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  15. #75  
    If I gave the impression that policy is every customer goes to a store for ID verification...that COULD be policy.. I don't know.

    My point was if they are asking you to do that why ***** about it. It's to protect Sprint from being defrauded and in the end may also protect you from fraud.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Listen pal, maybe that should be a clue not to visit? I assure you we'd all rather have him than you any day of the week!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Who yanked your chain? If you don't want to see his "bs" try the ignore button.

    You are a real prince!! You rejoice in somebody elses misfurtune...Karma is a MoFo...
    Don't worry about theog, he's still pissed at me and evilghost for not sticking our tongues in his mouth when he first joined. He spewed a bunch of racist crap that either he, or more likely a Mod deleted.

    For more history on Mr. Class

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=82204
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  17. #77  
    I upgraded my 650 with the 700p bought from Palm and they canceled my voice plan! Had to call and get it all fixed. They really dropped the ball on this 700 release. IMO
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Matty,
    Let me get this straight. YOU didn't follow the directions posted on the website, then when Sprint tries to follow procedure set up to protect against identity theft because the CSR probably didn't have access to the info you entered you say SPRINT sucks???
    The directions on the website weren't easy to find. You had to hunt for them. Which is why I indicated that Sprint and Palm did a poor job communicating the requirements. It wasn't until after I got the registration email from Palm a day after registering online that I figured out that I wasn't supposed to call Sprint (despite the literature in the box that says, "call Sprint").

    The "info I entered" at the Palm website didn't go to either Sprint or Vision Wireless. I had to give all my information again in both cases. However, in one case they were able to resolve it over the phone, in the other case, they wanted me to go to the store. It's OBVIOUS that Sprint is capable of validating credit over the phone, since that was what Vision Wireless had me do when they transferred me to Sprint Credit. Vision Wireless facilitated the situation in a convenient manner. Sprint didn't want to, despite me asking, during two separate calls to Sprint CSR, "Is there any way I can resolve this issue with whoever flagged my information?"

    You don't have time to go to a store but you have time to find a thread that was on the 3rd page and then cry "I'm a customer...you shouldn't talk to me like that." You could have found the time...face it YOU didn't WANT to. Fine, but at least be honest about it.
    Responding here takes 2 minutes. It's easy to find a couple minutes while sitting in front of a computer to respond to the thread. Finding an hour or two, not so much...

    Complaining because you didn't get things exactly the way you wanted then blaming a company with 25 million subscribers because YOU didn't follow the clearly laid out procedure sounds like a crybaby to me.
    "Exactly the way I wanted" == the way every other company with which I've dealt with in the past has done things. So I effed up and called Sprint instead of Vision Wireless -- I've copped to that. Vision Wireless still had to do all the same stuff that Sprint did to activate my account, and they did so without giving me the runaround.

    You didn't even post this thread in the correct forum here...it belongs in the CDMA US section. It has nothing to do with the 700 other than that was the phone you got. You have no issue with the phone but with Sprint.
    Point taken. But the original post was just meant as a quick rant to lament the fact that I couldn't take advantage of my new 700p. The Sprint comments were half in jest / half serious. It was my first dealing with Sprint and, frankly, based on similar experiences with other companies, I was kind of taken aback at how inconvenient Sprint made things. No, it's not the end of the world, and I was prepared to let the thread die. The only reason I've kept coming back back here is the apologists, corporate and otherwise, trying to put lipstick on a pig and hurling a lot of uncalled-for names on top of it. Since you're so fond of policing appropriate use policies of TreoCentral, you might want to review the "Personal Attacks" section of the Forum Guidelines.

    This episode certainly is revealing, though...
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Of course, you, unfortunately, could have been the victim of something else entirely. You see, sometimes large corporations like Sprint feel that the folks in the field need a challange to keep 'em sharp. When this happens they get on their own CS lines and pose as CSRs. Then they find the biggest jack@$$ they can (that's you) and **** him off real bad. Then they send said jack@$$ (that's you) to the store to see how employees deal with him. Fair? Nope, but there was a very simple way to avoid having it happen. Don't be a jack@$$!!!
    Uh huh. In this situation, "being a jack@$$" means giving them my name, address, and SS# when asked. Because that's all I did before they started telling me I had to go into a store, instead of transferring me to Sprint Credit.
  20. #80  
    Lets see...I figured I would play the shopping game and called sprint to see if they were interested in signing up a current Verizon customer. I called 3 times...1st time, I was hung up on, 2nd time I got a woman who could barely speak English asking me about Spring long distance for my home, and the 3rd time I called I was transfered to the corporate department then hung up on. Man, Sprint really knows Customer Service!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions