Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    the ***** sample?
    LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    You don't own a house do you
    sure we do, and have refinanced/closed many times. i never once had to "go into the bank" to do any of it. and yes, you can wire funds to pay off a loan and i fully understand that it does not equate to "closing" the loan.

sprint still sucks in my estimation.
    Well going back to a post someone else made earlier, everything being equal it's Sprint's $15 power vision vs. Verizon's $45 mobile internet. Over the course of a two year contract that saves you $720. If taking an hour or so of your time to go and take care of this at a store is worth more than $720 and waiting for a Verizon phone to get there, then go with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty87
    Multi-year contracts done completely online: T-Mobile, TiVo.

The net present value of a two-year $40/month cell plan is A LOT less than several of those big-ticket items I've bought online.

The web page with Sprint logos tatooed all over it that comes up after my order was completed instructed me to activate my new account by phone to take advantage of the $150 service credit (with new 2 year service activation) that yields the advertised price of "$399". Why would they instruct me to call that number to activate my 700p if all new service activations require in-person ID checks?

Sprint sucks -- and the fact that Sprint fanboys are eager to defend this BS has provided quite a bit of entertainment that almost, ALMOST, makes up for the frustration of the phone sitting in my hands mocking me with no connectivity.
    I understand your frustration but your complaint isn't legit to be saying that Sprint sucks. You didn't say Sprint sucks for anything important like "Sprint sucks because their service doesn't work half the time" or "Sprint sucks because they messed up my bill" or some other legit complaint that people have with cell phone carriers. If they had activated your phone without asking for the credit check, would we still be hearing you complain about how Sprint sucks? You obviously didn't think Sprint sucked before they asked for the credit check (unless you had planned on switching to a carrier that you think sucks). Sounds like you're just mad and you want to bash Sprint. I'll admit I'm a bit biased towards Sprint but there's a difference between defending BS and recognizing when someone is just bashing pointlessly.

And is there a reason why you're waiting till the next day to call them again? If there's one thing you should know about Sprint CS (and any company's CS in general), if you don't get what you want immediately you should always call back and try again. Who knows if you didn't just end up with a crappy rep that didn't know what they were doing? And if you were smart, you'd have called Sprint and gone to retentions, since it seems you want to switch to Verizon anyways. They'd be more likely to help you and maybe even get you some freebies in the process.

But hey, if you want to let Verizon cornhole you with their data prices, go ahead. Perhaps you should do less whining and take more action so you can get a working phone sooner.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante
    I understand your frustration but your complaint isn't legit to be saying that Sprint sucks. You didn't say Sprint sucks for anything important like "Sprint sucks because their service doesn't work half the time" or "Sprint sucks because they messed up my bill" or some other legit complaint that people have with cell phone carriers. If they had activated your phone without asking for the credit check, would we still be hearing you complain about how Sprint sucks? You obviously didn't think Sprint sucked before they asked for the credit check (unless you had planned on switching to a carrier that you think sucks). Sounds like you're just mad and you want to bash Sprint. I'll admit I'm a bit biased towards Sprint but there's a difference between defending BS and recognizing when someone is just bashing pointlessly.

And is there a reason why you're waiting till the next day to call them again? If there's one thing you should know about Sprint CS (and any company's CS in general), if you don't get what you want immediately you should always call back and try again. Who knows if you didn't just end up with a crappy rep that didn't know what they were doing? And if you were smart, you'd have called Sprint and gone to retentions, since it seems you want to switch to Verizon anyways. They'd be more likely to help you and maybe even get you some freebies in the process.

But hey, if you want to let Verizon cornhole you with their data prices, go ahead. Perhaps you should do less whining and take more action so you can get a working phone sooner.
    I had already made two calls to Sprint before posting here and got the same exact runaround both times. I'm not sure why it would be obvious, nevermind "smart", to call retentions since I'm not a customer yet.

I understand that getting a phone requires a credit check. Sprint sucks because every piece of literature they've sent me instructed me to call to activate my new account. After following their instructions, they then say, "Sorry, go to a store." If they were running a competent operation like TiVo or T-Mo (where my service contracts were done online without a hitch) and activated my account as requested, they wouldn't suck.

It looks like there are a lot of cases of Stockholm Syndrome among you Sprint customers. It's like you don't even know what competent service is. One of the purposes behind getting a Treo is to reduce the amount of hassles in my life -- my 600 with T-Mobile definitely did that when it came out and was hoping for more of the same with the 700p. Right now, Sprint is doing nothing but ADDING hassles in what should be a fairly simple process.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Whozajiggawha? I've booked several vacations, bought thousands of dollars worth of electronics, and applied for a home mortgage over the internet without someone needing to verify my identity in person. T-Mobile was able to verify my identity without me going into a retail location when I signed up with them several years ago. Sprint sucks.
    After booking the vacation, at some point, you had to show ID. Whether that's when you get on your plane, or check into your hotel, or pick-up your car.

I too have purchased thousands of dollars of electronics on the web. So have a bunch of identity thieves.

As for the Mortgage, their not going to give you any money without verifying much more than your ID.

I have to give the edge to Sprint on this one. They're just protecting all parties in this one. It may be a pain in the arse, but it shows you that noone will be able to use your card to open a new account with Sprint without ID.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajabbari
    Well going back to a post someone else made earlier, everything being equal it's Sprint's $15 power vision vs. Verizon's $45 mobile internet. Over the course of a two year contract that saves you $720. If taking an hour or so of your time to go and take care of this at a store is worth more than $720 and waiting for a Verizon phone to get there, then go with Verizon.
    And that's probably why I'll suck it up, and deal with this headache when I've got the time this weekend. As a new customer, I was pretty shocked by Sprint's incompetence, and feel that pointing it out on this board is a useful exercise, no matter how much it bothers the Sprint apologists.
    You should probably thank Sprint for making you verify who you are. Most likely someone has taken your personal information and compromised it.
    Fortunately or unfortunately during this hassle-laden process that I too had to go thru, I found out my ex-wife had used my personal info to get a Sprint account sometime in the past. No way of proving it, but judging from the string of questions, as the magic 8-ball sez "all signs point to her"
    I may not like Sprint, which is at least one reason I avoided them, but they did ferrett out some more info which I did not know about.
    I still wish I'd been able to hang on to T-mo, their CSR's know what they are talking about(most of the time anyways).
    T-Mobile was able to verify my identity without me going into a retail location when I signed up with them several years ago.
    Maybe this explains how I got a $9,000 bill from T-Mobile even though I was never their customer. It was all calls made to Kuwait in two days. They just said "You shouldn't have gotten that bill, we know it's fraudulent." But I still had to go through the whole identity theft check with the credit rating agencies.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
  11.    #51  
    UPDATE: After a quick bit of research, I discovered that, to take advantage of the $150 service credit that was promoted on the Palm website, I was supposed to call someplace called Vision Wireless (or visit their website at sprintportal.com) to activate my new service plan, NOT call Sprint cust svc. The Vision Wireless guys took my info down in 5 minutes and will confirm my activation via email in the next day -- not as good as activating "right now", but certainly better than waiting until the weekend to go to the nearest Sprint store.

What we've learned: I suppose I'm a dumbass for assuming that I was supposed to call Sprint instead of Vision Wireless -- always read the fine print. Assuming Vision Wireless can manage to get me activated tomorrow, my conclusion that Sprint's activation rigamarole sucks still stands. If Vision can do it over the phone, so should Sprint. A pretty poor job of communication during this rollout by both Palm and Sprint.
    If Sprint is so bad why not Sstay with T-mo...Oh that's right they no longer support Treo's. Well there's always Verizon, Oh their Data is too expensive....QWITCHER*****IN!!!! or move on.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    If this is the sort of crap cust svc I can expect from Sprint, maybe I'll just return this 700p and get a Verizon 700p.
    This is the best it will get, Matty. They are at least responding to you now because they haven't started getting any money from you. Once they have you established on their books, you can count on much worse service and an even more unfriendly attitude.
    Assuming Vision Wireless can manage to get me activated tomorrow, my conclusion that Sprint's activation rigamarole sucks still stands. If Vision can do it over the phone, so should Sprint.
    See what I mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    This is the best it will get, Matty. They are at least responding to you now because they haven't started getting any money from you. Once they have you established on their books, you can count on much worse service and an even more unfriendly attitude.

See what I mean?
    Having been with Sprint for about 7 years now, I would have to disagree with you. Though CSR's sometimes are incorrect, they are generally friendly. Maybe if customers were friendlier, they would be treated in a friendlier fashion? It usually happens that rude customers get rude reps. I wonder why that is...
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    If Sprint is so bad why not Sstay with T-mo...Oh that's right they no longer support Treo's. Well there's always Verizon, Oh their Data is too expensive....QWITCHER*****IN!!!! or move on.
    If *****in' about Sprint bothers you so much, here's a clue -- stay out of threads labelled "I hate Sprint".
    Last edited by Matty87; 05/31/2006 at 08:07 PM.
    ^^ Hey Matty, wait until you have a technical problem with the phone. Then the fun really starts. You will find that they are friendly because they have no clue what else to be. It's easier to be friendly than to be competent.

Best success
    Matty,
    Here's a clue for you if your gonna start threads on a board that has Sprint EMPLOYEES...like me as longtime members don't be surprised if we pop in to threads entitled "I hate Sprint" to see if it's something we can help with or if it's just some clueless moron with too much time and no sense!!

And if it's the Latter don't be surprised when you're invited to QWICHER*****IN!!

QWICHER*****IN....crybaby!!
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    actually, Sprint is credit challenged. take a look at their credit/bond ratings versus those of Verizon.
    The bond rating I looked at didn't look so bad...Give me a link to the source of information you are claiming in relation to verizon.
    at&t iPhone3G
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Matty,
    Here's a clue for you if your gonna start threads on a board that has Sprint EMPLOYEES...like me as longtime members don't be surprised if we pop in to threads entitled "I hate Sprint" to see if it's something we can help with or if it's just some clueless moron with too much time and no sense!!

And if it's the Latter don't be surprised when you're invited to QWICHER*****IN!!

QWICHER*****IN....crybaby!!
    It's precisely because I DON'T have "too much time" that this BS from your company has been a headache. If I had "too much time", it wouldn't have been such a big deal for me to take an hour or two out of my day to go to a Sprint store, now would it?

However, it all makes sense now. Why should I expect decent service from a company whose employees spend their time in online forums (1) trying to convince people that, despite all evidence to the contrary, their broken procedures are a feature and not a bug; (2) calling their customers names ("clueless moron"? "crybaby"? wtf is up with that?); and, (3) telling customers experiencing problems to, basically, love it or leave it. You are a credit to your employer, sir!

If I berated my company's customers online with such an attitude, I'd be fired if they ever found out -- and, frankly, I'd deserve it.

BTW, Vision Wireless completed my credit validation WAY more conveniently. After they took down my info, they attempted to do a credit validation but bumped into the same problem that your cust svc reps did. Instead of telling me to "go to a store", they phoned me back, told me of the issue, and transferred me to Sprint Credit -- I answered a couple simple questions, and was validated in a few seconds.

In summary...

Vision Wireless rep: knew what to do to get the job done with minimal inconvenience to the customer.
    Sprint reps: didn't know their a$$ from their elbow, or have been given customer unfriendly procedures to carry out.
    Online Sprint corporate apologist: flings names at inconvenienced customer for complaining about broken procedures.

Sprint sucks.
    Last edited by Matty87; 06/01/2006 at 04:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    My 700P (ordered from Palm) was waiting on my doorstep when I got home from work today! Popped in the battery and called the Sprint cust svc phone number to activate my new account (going to cancel the T-Mo account I'm using with my Treo 600). After giving them all of my information, they tell me that they can't activate my phone. I need to go in person to a Sprint store so they can do a "manual credit verification"? WTF!!!!!???? The whole reason I ordered from Palm over the web was the convenience of not needing to go into a store. My credit is fine, why do I need to do this stuff in person?

If this is the sort of crap cust svc I can expect from Sprint, maybe I'll just return this 700p and get a Verizon 700p. I'll sleep on it and see if I feel differently in the morning. But if this thing can't get activated with just a phone call tomorrow, I won't have the time to activate it until this weekend. That's four more days of this thing sitting there in my hand with no EVDO, no streaming audio, no Chatter email. !@#$!!!!!!!!!!
    You'll live!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast