Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    What was also annoying was that I had diligently gone through all the Sprint plan options on Palm's website when I was placing my order. Had to! It insisted. Then today when talking with Sprint, they had no clue what I had selected -- had to start over with them. Not a major impingement on my life, but why did I have to got through it all over at Palm.com???
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    That's BS. I ordered a 700p from Sprint's website over the weekend and got an email today saying they are shipping it out. Didn't require me to go in for credit verification on a new 2 year contract. Could you imagine if every web order placed required in person credit verification, that would be the day...
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...rying_baby.jpg Waaaahhhh!!!

Quit whining. If you're too lazy to go into a store to activate it, move on then. Of course, you'll spend more time ordering a phone from VZW, and waiting for it to be delivered then you would just going to your local Sprint store, but who cares. If it makes baby feel good...
    To a certain extent, I agree with Insertion. Ordering the phone from Verizon and waiting for it to be delivered would take more time than going to a local Sprint dealer and doing the manual credit check...first of all, you already have the 700p, something some of us still haven't got. Honestly, I am waiting for my local store to get it in...patience and a nagging wife.
    at&t iPhone3G
    You can apply for a mortgage online, have you actually closed it online?? NO.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    To a certain extent, I agree with Insertion. Ordering the phone from Verizon and waiting for it to be delivered would take more time than going to a local Sprint dealer and doing the manual credit check...first of all, you already have the 700p, something some of us still haven't got. Honestly, I am waiting for my local store to get it in...patience and a nagging wife.
    "VZW sucks more than Sprint sucks" is hardly a ringing endorsement of Sprint's practices in regards to this snafu. Honestly, I was just venting with my initial post, expecting a few "that sucks, man" posts in response. What some have characterized as "whining" are simply my followups indicating, that, contrary to the knee-jerk Sprint apologists' line, this is not SOP elsewhere and is, in fact, in direct contradiction of what I was instructed to do by Palm and Sprint when I ordered the phone.

After this pleasant experience, I can't wait to see what sort of hoops I'm going to have to jump through to get this $150 service credit that was advertised on the Palm website. I'm guessing that the rep at the Sprint store won't have any idea what I'm talking about when I go to activate my phone on Saturday.
    Why don't you sell the phone, since you got it for $500... right? You could make a buck.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial
    Why don't you sell the phone, since you got it for $500... right? You could make a buck.
    I'll give him a buck for it. In fact, just cuz I'm such a nice guy, I'll give him two.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Dragonman,

Is this for all Sprint customers? Or just the credit challenged?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    sure you can, pay it off using online banking.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial
    $549
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    sure you can, pay it off using online banking.
    you can't close online
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Dragonman,

Is this for all Sprint customers? Or just the credit challenged?
    actually, Sprint is credit challenged. take a look at their credit/bond ratings versus those of Verizon.
    Scary,
    I would say for all NEW customers regardless of credit.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    you can't close online
    you can most certainly pay off your loan using online banking services.
    That's not what 'closing' is. Closing is when you sign about 100 forms that legally makes the loan binding, and other legal gobbleddygook. Since closing must be witnessed, I'm sure it cannot be done online.

Credit checks, on the other hand, don't necessarily need to be done in person, but if that's Sprints policy, then so be it.
    Sprint Treos 300->600->650->700p
    Sprint Pre
    Virgin Optimus V
    ATT Galaxy Skyrocket (current)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmrfresh
    That's not what 'closing' is. Closing is when you sign about 100 forms that legally makes the loan binding, and other legal gobbleddygook. Since closing must be witnessed, I'm sure it cannot be done online.

Credit checks, on the other hand, don't necessarily need to be done in person, but if that's Sprints policy, then so be it.
    However, you can close by mail or Fedex. Basically the documents are sent to you before the closing date and you just have to get them back by the closing. This is done all the time for out of state purchases of land or homes. You just need to do some parts in front of a notary (and you can find a notary who will come to you at your home).
    You don't own a house do you
    Did someone say ***** sample?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I'll buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I'll buy it.
    the ***** sample?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast