Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I got pxaclocker working with the camera app. You just have to run it slower. The camera works fine with these settings for me:

pxaclocker v5.1 (very important)
    sys 195
    bus 97
    mem 97
    lcd 97
    turbo x2.0

camera does not work with those settings for me...

as a matter of fact, ive tried UNDERCLOCKING, and camera shows green
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    PXA Clocker has had issues with the camera for a while now.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=79349

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=26

Email the developer and make sure the issues with the 700P's camera are also addressed in v5.2.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I've never overclocked my 650, but I'm considering it with the 700 because it's kind of sluggish. Any long term danger tot the device, or are the concerns just battery drain and potential problems with applications (like camera)?

Thanks.

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by mal5z
    I've never overclocked my 650, but I'm considering it with the 700 because it's kind of sluggish. Any long term danger tot the device, or are the concerns just battery drain and potential problems with applications (like camera)?

Thanks.

Mike
    Anytime you overclock hardware, you risk damaging it or reducing the lifespan. Dutchtrumpet has been doing on the 650 for a while and has not mentioned any major issues. However, do it at your own risk.

I will note that after overclocking my 700p for a few minutes, it shut off and was not responsive for about 10 seconds. It then booted back up and I disabled pxa (for now).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    i've done everything that everyone said here(ver. 5.1,turbo 3.0 etc. and a couple of hard resets) but this just isnt working on my treo 700p, it doesnt even work after a hard reset with nothing on the phone.....is there anyone that this is not wokring for also,and if so then how did you get it working, thanks.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    The 700p can't be overclocked reliably with pxaclocker. Best not to try.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    The 700p can't be overclocked reliably with pxaclocker. Best not to try.
    Damn. Yet another reason to stay with the 650 for now.
    I am kinda sorry I got the 700p. The buttons suck and the speed is slowwwwwww. Much less zipper than my 650. My beam isn't working either.
    ok I just tried this and see no results via Speedy Ie no mater what I over clock to speedy results stay the same.....
    yeah same here, hopefully pxaclocker will be fully compatible with the treo 700p, hope the developer(s) are working on this, the lack of speed is killin' me here.

Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    I am kinda sorry I got the 700p. The buttons suck and the speed is slowwwwwww. Much less zipper than my 650. My beam isn't working either.
    Get used to it. Until Palm releases a patch for the memory problems, the 700p will remain slower than the 650.

pxaclocker (as per the developers) works perfectly with the 700p. It's the hardware in the 700p that can't be overclocked.
    I've got a stable overclock at 520mhz, which means great things for SNES and PSX emulation. I don't know what all your problems are. Just set it to enable for the applications you need the speed for, set it to underclock for the ones you don't, and leave it alone for the default system speed so you don't screw up your camera.

I also haven't had any of the overall application speed performance issues people have been complaining about though, either. The whole thing just works great, the huge heap size really helps with overall performance, and the only thing I've needed UDMH installed for is the PSX emulator.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula
    I've got a stable overclock at 520mhz, which means great things for SNES and PSX emulation. I don't know what all your problems are. Just set it to enable for the applications you need the speed for, set it to underclock for the ones you don't, and leave it alone for the default system speed so you don't screw up your camera.

I also haven't had any of the overall application speed performance issues people have been complaining about though, either. The whole thing just works great, the huge heap size really helps with overall performance, and the only thing I've needed UDMH installed for is the PSX emulator.
    Please post your benchmarks in this thread then: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=118867

Thanks
    I'm disallusioned with pxa clocker. I ran speed tests (speedy) before enabling it at 624 and after and I got the same speed for both. While pxa may give actual results with other devices it dosen't do anything for the 700p except cause occasional jams. Don't use it and don't buy the pro version (like I did).
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula

for some reason it doesnt work for every treo700p thats out,while it works for some, its not consistent on a broad scale( per. this thread ). pxaclocker doesnt work for me and my friend, but it does for a guy at my job and i've had it for a year+ so i'm very familiar with it, it just doesnt work for me, maybe because of a software glitch.

I've had several 700ps and it hasn't worked on any of them. It appears to run just fine, but Speedy doesn't show any improvement.
    With 5.1 on my Sprint 700p, Getting nothing but the white screen of death after adjusting the PXA clocker settings, upon exiting PXA Clocker. Sometimes with or without a continuous key clicking sound.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    TCPMP really get's a boost when dealing with DVD rips that are bigger than 1GB...
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Same here with my 700p will not over clock well will freeze phone and get whitescreen luckly a reset will bring it back but I had to delete pxa clocker from my 700p
    I haven't tried any benchmarks but I know I get a significant FPS increase in SNES emulation when overclocked. Without it games stutter and are barely playable with sound turned off, but overclocked they're smooth as silk without sound and still playable with it turned on.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast