1.    #1  
    [I am moving my posts from the other Blackberry Connect and 700P thread because that was initially about whether it would be included w/ the 700P and it didn't seem like anyone was reading it anymore. Seeing that this might be important to some I am creating a new thread specifically about whether BBC can/will work or not].

One potential problem I notice is that the versions of the software (Calendar and Versamail) that get automatically downloaded to your Treo by BBC are older versions than come on the 700P. Thus, I have been reluctant to try the install yet. Any thoughts on how to prevent installing older versions of these apps over the newer ones on the 700P?

Alright, I broke down and tried it since no other guinnea pigs were forthcoming. The BBC installer did not finish and instead informed me after the first required hotsync that the required Palm software (older versions of Calendar and Versamail than included on 700) did not properly install and to try again.

Any ideas? As far as I can tell this means that Blackberry Connect will not work on the 700P.
    This is a serious drawback. My 700p is on its way, but I may just hold off on activating it until someone can figure out a fix.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Has anyone made any progress getting BBC to work? I have had no luck, so far. Maybe once people crack the ROM, someone will be able to replace all Calendar and Versamail files with the older version...
    Yes, I agree this is a major bummer! I was really looking forward to this. Am trying to see if Chattermail will work for my exchange server, but the military firewall currently only supports BES so I think I am out of luck unless I get a Blackberry--not going too happen. Anyway to "hack" the Blackberry Connect program itself to get it too accept the new calender, etc.?
    Kudos to those who are trying all the options!
    D
    I've posted this on other threads...Yes I got BBC to install on the 700. Not sure how, all i did was run the installer about 3 times and all of a sudden...BAM...BBC showed up properly in versamail. Only problem was that after the install the phone radio would not turn on...ie. no cell/internet connection. Someone else responded that they got to the same point as well. If we can figure out how to get the phone to turn on without resetting...we have a winner.

I uninstalled BBC and did a hard reset to get my 700 up and running again. Won't try it again until I get my SD card and decide on a backup program.
    Progress! Well, let's hope this reset issue can be overcome, but I suspect it is resetting because of the incompatible calendar, versamail, etc.
    d
    same th9ing here. It installs fine but U get a reset loop when the radio kicks in.

Man I hope this things atrts working. I was down to one device with BBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by wantAtreo700p
    I've posted this on other threads...Yes I got BBC to install on the 700. Not sure how, all i did was run the installer about 3 times and all of a sudden...BAM...BBC showed up properly in versamail. Only problem was that after the install the phone radio would not turn on...ie. no cell/internet connection. Someone else responded that they got to the same point as well. If we can figure out how to get the phone to turn on without resetting...we have a winner.

I uninstalled BBC and did a hard reset to get my 700 up and running again. Won't try it again until I get my SD card and decide on a backup program.
    In case any of the power users are interested in helping to get BBC to work on the 700p...here is the direct download --> http://palmone.r3h.net/downloads.pal...Treo650_SG.zip
    I think others are too busy with figuring out BT and other hacks to worry about BBC. I imagine we'll have to give this one a few weeks if not months before a power user decides to work on it...if ever.
    Has anyone been able to make any progress getting BBC to work on the 700p?
    Anyone willing to try the ROM tool and replace calendar/ versamail apps to see if we can get this working without the loop?
    I made an attempt at installing the program this morning (prior to reading this thread). While I was waiting for my IT department to add me to the BES I ran the install and got a good ways thru. Up to where the desktop software needed to see the server account. I experienced the phone radio problem as well. Panicked until I realized that I had a backup I made just before attempting the install. I noticed that Intellisync was hosed after that too. I have backed everythign out, but I am still going to get the account set up and continue to watch the Singtel site and others for 700p compatiable solutions.
    Anybody have any luck with the 700P yet?

I'm / was addicted to BBC on my 650 - I use Chatter for personal mail but have NO choice but use BBC with work email

I'd be willing to start $$ Bounty for someone to figure this out
    "I'd be willing to start $$ Bounty for someone to figure this out"..i second that.
    I will third that... Add $10 from me to the pot.Who can help us out on this?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Count me in on the Bounty!!!
    Count me in for some $$ for someone to figure this out.
    I'm willing to start this off with $50 --- can anybody suggest an easy way to do this?

We can always try the honor system --- I could start a new post and put my $50 at the top each person could respond with their "promise" to pay and then add the amount and post the new total.

Anything else to conside - what do you think?
    Your idea sounds as good as any. No easy way to do this, I just assume anyone making a pledge and not paying is a ****** bag.
    Bhozier- start a new thred titled "Blackberry connect w/ treo 700p bounty"

We will post under that.