Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hm...I'll have to check that out. They *shouldn't*, unless they're doing something with which I'm totally unfamiliar (which could easily be the case! )

Unless...do you have to import GoDaddy as a trusted root authority in the browser before you use the cert?

Quote Originally Posted by TGavilan
    GoDaddy certs work fine not only for the Treo, but for websites in general if browsed with IE or Firefox, and don't generate any kind of warnings. We use them all the time over self-signed certs for specifically those reasons. Cheap at 20 bucks
    My bad! I didn't realize (until looking on GoDaddy's site) that GoDaddy's root authority is listed under "ValiCert", not "GoDaddy"! It *is* in the root store! WooHoo! Guess I'll be buying one of these bad boys for my personal server!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by IDtheTarget
    Hm...I'll have to check that out. They *shouldn't*, unless they're doing something with which I'm totally unfamiliar (which could easily be the case! )

Unless...do you have to import GoDaddy as a trusted root authority in the browser before you use the cert?
    How did you get the cert onto the 700p?
  4.    #24  
    Guys,

After countless research, I gave up on my Free certificate that I had installed in my exchange. I went to go dady and purchased their ssl certificate $20 a year is a stealer. Installed it and it works like a charm. You donít need to install anything on the TREO. You must have proper certificate on the site. Hope we can now officially close this topic.

Roman
    My email server uses a verisign authorized certificate, but I still get these issues, and IT is unwilling to purchase another cert. Am I stuck?

Well, probably isn't a huge loss as Versamail was cause some lags on my 700p.
    How could Palm possibly not have a way to import Root Certificate Authorities. I don't want to have to buy a cert for each one of my SSL enabled mail servers.
    Ok, I bought a Godaddy certificate and installed it, I still am unable to connect.

Error: There was a problem syncing. Server certificate domain does not match server.

Any ideas?

How is your versa mail configured?
    You need to make sure that the cert has the same server name in it as the name you're telling versa mail to connect to. So if your mail server is mail.mydomain.com, then your cert better be for a server named "mail.mydomain.com".

I can't believe they went from having VersaMail totally open to any SSL error before, and now they locked it down so much with out an ouce of configurability.
    I'm just going to go ahead and add this: I was having trouble getting VersaMail to connect up to ActiveSync myself until I put in my domain with my username like so: domain\username

Just make sure you use the backslash (type the slash and hit Alt to select the backslash). I was getting some kind of funny SSL error too even though the server had a good SSL cert.

This might not solve your problem, but it solved mine.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Is there a list of trusted root certs somewhere for vesamail?
    Quote Originally Posted by mad6c
    Is there a list of trusted root certs somewhere for vesamail?
    There should be, but I don't think anyone has been able to find one.
    I'm about to purchase Chattermail. It has an option to "trust ssl certificates", and several other cool features. In my limited testing it seems to have some stabiltiy issues on the 700p, but I'm not sure yet if it's my SD card or the software. Still, it does everything I want it to do, so...
    Wow Palm support sucks. I sent them an email about the little issue we're having with VersaMail... it took me two emails just to get them to understand the problem, and finally this is there response:

VersaMailô will work with most SSLís. As of the moment we donít have alternative to resolve your concern. I suggest that you contact Palm Source for additional assistance. You can reach them at:

PalmSource, Inc.
    1188 East Arques Avenue
    Sunnyvale, CA 94085
    Map | Write Us
    Phone: (408) 400-3000
    Fax: (408) 400-1500

Do they refer 700w users to MS when a chunk of functionality is missing from the OS? I know they can't provide a solution right now, but I would at least like to have confirmation that they put this on a requested features list.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I would still like a list of support root certificates. From what I can tell our certificate is valid and supported by both IE and Firefox. I assume that it is not in the list that blazer or versamail use (most likely the same list) but I would like verification of this.
    Guys - I dont have access to my companies servers nor will they support this cert changes. Is there anything a basic user like me that has upgraded from my 650 to a 700p do to get Active Sync to work? I will buy another email client to replace Versa Mail if that is what it takes. Desperate - please help!!!
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    solved! just went to GoDaddy purchased a $20 cert and was done with it...all my treo users are happy now!

Andy
    Andy -

Can you please outline the steps you took to do this?

1. Link at Go-daddy's for the correct cert
    2. How to install it on the treo? Maybe godaddy's has a link for instructions
    3. Anything special I need to do

I am praying that this is just a treo fix and not something I need to do on the server???

Thanks Thanks Thanks so much for your time
    Quote Originally Posted by rpelkie
    Andy -

Can you please outline the steps you took to do this?

1. Link at Go-daddy's for the correct cert
    2. How to install it on the treo? Maybe godaddy's has a link for instructions
    3. Anything special I need to do

I am praying that this is just a treo fix and not something I need to do on the server???

Thanks Thanks Thanks so much for your time
    sorry this is something you have to do on the server.

Basically you need to gen a cert request on your (IIS server running OWA) exchange server and make sure you are requesting the same FQDN that you use to access the server over the Internet.

Here's the go daddy cert link:
    https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/ssl/s...?se=%2B&ci=418

I used the turbo certificate. You will upload the genn'ed cert request as part of the application process. The process will then send an email to the address listed for the domain administrative contact. That individual needs to reply to the go daddy email then your cert is approved and you can install it. There are a bunch of "how-to's" out there on requesting/adding certs to IIS so I will not repost those instructions here.

Caveat Emptor: You should know what you are doing before attempting this or be doing this on a server where the impact is minimal if you make a mistake.
    Download the latest beta of Chatter Email (http://www.chatteremail.com) and test it out. There's a setting to trust SSL certs. It's working for me and my self-signed cert on my Linux box, as well as my Army email and everything else I've tried.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by rpelkie
    Guys - I dont have access to my companies servers nor will they support this cert changes. Is there anything a basic user like me that has upgraded from my 650 to a 700p do to get Active Sync to work? I will buy another email client to replace Versa Mail if that is what it takes. Desperate - please help!!!
    Palm has posted a list of trusted root certs as well as this choice phrase:

If you are receiving these error messages and you'd like to continue using VersaMail 3.5 with EAS, you will need to use one of the Certificate Authorities on this list, or discontinue use of SSL. The error messages are occurring because VersaMail cannot match the Certificate Authority of your SSL Certificate to the approved list. Unfortunately, there is no option available at this time to modify the trust list.

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(16733),ts=Palm_External2001

Sounds like the godaddy turbo cert is the way to go. I'm working on doing that for our site, but I've tripped over the intermediate cert! Be sure to install that cert before installing the cert for your site, or the "trust-chain" may not be established correctly!http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...m_External2001
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast