Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Marc--I've used Snapper for years and am marginally satisfied but am giving Chatter a spin. I love the interface and how much better it displays html emails. Here's the rub: it's just not getting along very well with my webmail.us account (don't use outlook or anything--just the web interface). The connection is great. I'll often have my treo ring telling me that I have an email before webmail tells me. I can't get it to delete properly. When I hit delete from the drop down or the X in the message or the move to folder "trash," it will delete the message from my chatter account, add it to the trash folder in chatter, add it to the trash folder in webmail and then NOT delete it from my webmail inbox. When I use the "junk" command in Chatter, it goes away in Chatter, but remains in the webmail inbox. Any ideas?

Paddy
    Is this an IMAP account? IMAP has a two-step deletions process; messages aren't actually removed from the server until they're "expunged" (compacted, purged; terminology varies).

Marc
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Yes, it's IMAP and IDLE. How long should this expunging take? I waited overnight and the emails were in both the inbox and the trash in my webmail.
    It's immediate; my guess is that there's something odd about your webmail. You can send a log, if you like (instructions in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com), but it sounds like Chatter is acting correctly.

Marc
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I'll do that, but this is one thing that Snapper did fine, so it is something at least between Chatter and Webmail, not just Webmail.us
    Great.

Marc