Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Timezones!!!! Yes!!!!! It's about time!!
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    Timezones!!!! Yes!!!!! It's about time!!
    Are you talking about World Clock?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Are you talking about World Clock?
    No, I'm talking about the ability to use timezones with an appointment!!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Oops... didn't realize I had it on my 650. Been using Datebk4/5/6 for years. My bad.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    They are kinda useless IMO. Now if the calendar could automatically detect the timezone from the towers, then we would have something.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    They are kinda useless IMO. Now if the calendar could automatically detect the timezone from the towers, then we would have something.
    So the timezone doesn't auto-update when you travel? My 600 used to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    There is a new item in preferences along with "Get date & time from mobile network" called "Get time zone from mobile network".

I won't be able to test this for a while, but that sounds like what you want, right?
    Do the time zones from your outlook calendar transfer over? I couldn't get that to work on my 650, so when I travel all of my appointments are hosed up.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delrey
    There is a new item in preferences along with "Get date & time from mobile network" called "Get time zone from mobile network".

I won't be able to test this for a while, but that sounds like what you want, right?
    Sounds about right. Are you referring to a 700P? Cause this won't work on my 650.
    I have this all working fine on my Treo 650. When I travel the phone's time and Timezone automatically update after I land in a new city. There have been 1 or 2 exceptions, when the time changed, but the timezone was incorrect.

I used to use Datebk5, but now just use the regular palm calendar with 2Day.

If you haven't been using Timezones in the Palm app before, you have to go into Preferences and check "New events use time zones". You also have to change the advanced setting in the Outlook conduit for Calendar to use timezones.

This will probably only change future appts. If you want to timezone enable all appts, you may have to clear the appts on the palm device, and have Desktop overiding Device for one sync, to get the appts in the Treo with timezones enabled.