Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    OK... Sprint is really getting on my nerves...

I had no problem using VersaMail and ActiveSync on my 650, but now I get an error stating: SSL Error: No trusted root Update certificate authority list.

I know that our certificate is not part of any of the companies that issue certificates and it was generated by our server. This does not effect the ability of individuals to access OWA nor did it stop me from using ActiveSync on the 650, but for some reaon it is now.

Anyone know how to fix this?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I just resolved it by getting a cerficate through godaday.com. Not sure if there is a work around.
    I'm having the same issue -- can you share exactly how you fixed this?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Same here, with Verizon though. They must've changed VersaMail, because I was using a self-signed cert in the past (650 on Cingular) with no problems.

Bastards.
    You can add me to the list of people who had to move to a godaddy cert from a self-signed one to make sync work with the 700p; On the 650 it wasn't an issue.

Steve
    I have not been able to get my Verizon 700p Versamail / Active Sync to work with a godaddy certificate professionally installed on my exchange server 2003. Palm says I need one of these certificates listed below. I do not understand how some users have been able to make it work with a godaddy valicert class 2 root certificate. Anyway, it is pathetic that Palm does not post this certificate list anywhere on their support pages. I am not going to spend $300 per yera for such a certificate.
    So I have decided to junk Versmail and install Chattermail. What a complete waste of time and money this has been!

Verisign/RSA Secure Server

Verisign Class 1 Public Primary certification authority (CA)

Verisign Class 2 Public Primary CA

Verisign Class 3 Public Primary CA

Verisign Class 3 Public Primary CA (2028) GTE

Cybertrust ROOT GTE

Cybertrust Solutions ROOT

Thawte Server CA

Thawte Premium Server CA

Entrust.net Secure Server

Entrust.net CA (2048 bit)