Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got a Treo 700p for $584.00. No tax and free overnight delivery. My contract is far away from being up, so I thought it wasn't a bad deal. Anyone else buy one without contract being up?
    I called retentions, and purchased one for $399. Just mention that you can purchase a unit from Verizon for that price.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    headcase... you are my new personal hero. After spending the last week trying to figure out how to justify purchasing the 700p and trying multiple times to bargain with the various Sprint underlings, I caught wind of your RETENTIONS trick... and it totally worked!!!
    Here's my story:
    1. Called normal Sprint rep... told them that I could even cancel my current plan ($150) and purchase a new plan from either Sprint or Verizon for $399 and still save from having to purchase the phone for retail price.
    2. Sprint rep tried to convince me to "add a phone" and other various BS... I told them this wasn't going to work... give me RETENTIONS.
    3. The Retentions rep immediately told me she would give me the phone for $399 with my current plan if I wanted, or I could add PowerVision and we would just extent my contract, but at the $399- she even threw in 500 free SMS messages for nada. 700p is being shipped to me by UPS in 2-3 days.

I hope this works for everyone else!

Quote Originally Posted by groomer
    Just got a Treo 700p for $584.00. No tax and free overnight delivery. My contract is far away from being up, so I thought it wasn't a bad deal. Anyone else buy one without contract being up?
    You got ripped off. Sorry.
    Just return the one you just bought for 584 and do the retentions thing.
    Ordered mine through retentions for $399.99 (mathched VZ price). We'll see if/when it shows up
    Thanks to you guys, I feel like a hustler, you all gave me the serial number to allow for a cheap 600 and now in time for my next upgrade I get this...

I called Sprint retentions with the fact that I could cancel my service for $150 and start a new service under Verizon and still pay less than the Sprint 700 for $679 (and I am eligible for a $150 discount).
    So here is what happened:
    "Angel" spent a couple minutes researching my claim that Verizon was in fact cheaper she then told me that she would use my $150 discount (bringing it to $529) then she would credit my account $130 if I go to a Sprint store and buy it for $529.
    Quote Originally Posted by go_grant
    headcase... you are my new personal hero. After spending the last week trying to figure out how to justify purchasing the 700p and trying multiple times to bargain with the various Sprint underlings, I caught wind of your RETENTIONS trick... and it totally worked!!!
    Here's my story:
    1. Called normal Sprint rep... told them that I could even cancel my current plan ($150) and purchase a new plan from either Sprint or Verizon for $399 and still save from having to purchase the phone for retail price.
    2. Sprint rep tried to convince me to "add a phone" and other various BS... I told them this wasn't going to work... give me RETENTIONS.
    3. The Retentions rep immediately told me she would give me the phone for $399 with my current plan if I wanted, or I could add PowerVision and we would just extent my contract, but at the $399- she even threw in 500 free SMS messages for nada. 700p is being shipped to me by UPS in 2-3 days.

I hope this works for everyone else!

Good deal. I was suprised at this as well. my brother just hit retentions for one for 399 and he is only 11 months into his contract.
    Um, okay. But from where?

If Sprint, how did you go about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harkless

palm has several 10% off deals. e.g. some corporate
    URLs...?
    I'm trying this right now hope it works

In my case, I just *2 asked for a sales rep, then asked for retentions. You will need the password to your account, mine is a business account, so the password is the last four digits of my tax I.D. #, I believe an individual account would be the last four digits of your social. Anyway, the rep will help with that. In my case the rep credited my account with a $300.00 credit (700p was not available when I did my deal since it did not show in the system) then I called back today and talked with sales. I had to pay $650.00 for the phone through telesales, but I have the $300.00 credit on my account. The 700p shipped today, I should get it on Thurs. Now the 700p is in the system, the retentiion rep could do all of the above in one transaction. You may have to up grade to the power vision plan if you don't have one of the grandfathered unlimited access plans and will probably have to pay extra if you are going to use as a modem. Good luck.
    Legalbeagle
    f&*k yeah!!! im on the phone right now wrapping up my order! 399.99 for 700p

all i did was call and tell the chick i was gonna cancel my contract to get the phone cheaper with verizon and she wooshed me away to retentions. after what seemed like an hour on hold the guy answered and i told him i was gonna get the verizon 700 @399.99 unless he could match that price! and he said ok! hahah i kinda feel like i could have said less hehhahah anyway ships ups and ill have it in like 3-5 days. thanks alot for the info guys!!!
    Yesterday I ordered the $584.00 deal, shipped today, should have it tomorrow (via FedEX tracking number).

Now that I saw this thread I checked www.sprintrebates.com and noticed I only qualify for the $75.00 rebate, not the larger $150.00 deal.

I called *2, said "cancel" and after about 15 minutes of on hold spoke to a male who I told I wanted to cancel as I wanted a 700p and noticed it's $399 on Verizon but $429.00 on Sprint web site(s).

He tried to tell me there are different "technologies" and Verizon's phone wouldn't work on Sprint. Then he reminded me that Verizon charges more for data so I would end up paying "much more" in the long run. I then asked what he could do as canceling would only cost $150.00 (per the advice in this thread) and I could still pick up either unit (mentioned above) for less than Sprint wanted for retail!! (again advice from this thread).

FINAL "DEAL OR NO DEAL" =

He credited my account $200.00 (including my $75.00 qualified rebate) which effectively brought the unit down to $479.00. Not the worst deal; I didn't want to push it anymore. It does beat the unit I bought for $584.00 though!!

HMMM, I just thought of something... After he applied my credits and set up the shipping address he then asked for my credit card number to directly charge the phone. I gave it to him. He said "ok the charge for $479.00 went through". So, that's all I paid AFTER he gave me the $200.00 credit... Assuming they don't catch on the unit will have cost a net $279.00!! I can only hope.
    Well, no one ever did explain where that $584 deal was coming from, but on Tuesday I ended up contacting Retentions (seems like their official name for it is "Consumer Account Services"?) and complained that the $250 savings available on the web would require me to start a new line of service and lose my grandfathered $10/month unlimited data / unlimited SMSes (and it also picked up unlimited PictureMail when I upgraded my Treo 300 to a 600), and that the cost to get all that back on the new plan was going to put it up in the range of Verizon's pricing plans, so I was considering going over to them (I had been out of contract for some time) for my 700P. This is something I had been considering anyway since there are several places in my building (including the restroom, stairwell, and unfortunately my office) where the Sprint signal goes in and out, and this doesn't seem to occur for Verizon.

The lady had to check with a supervisor apparently, and when she came back she said the best she could do for me was a $150 rebate (something I would have been eligible for through the New For You Upgrade Program as of my anniversary date next month, but only if I were to upgrade from my $29.99 voice plan to a $34.99 or higher one). I figured this was because my bills rarely get very high, so my business wasn't worth all that much to them. I said I would have to think about it, and asked if the offer would still be available were I to call back in. She made a note on my account to the effect that I should be given a $150 rebate on any new phone. (Was kind of concerned after she started doing this that it might mean I'd be locked into no better savings than $150 if I called back.)

I then went down to my local Sprint store to see if they could do any better. Was surprised to find out once I got there that they wouldn't have the 700Ps in until next week, and that they couldn't pre-sell anything -- could only put me on a waiting list.

So came back home and tried Retentions again. This time the lady I got (who sounded much sharper than the first one) gave me a much better deal -- a final price after all the savings of $359.99, and I will probably get to keep my current $10/month pricing for unlimited Power Vision data, SMSes, and PictureMail. The only thing she wasn't sure about was the unlimited SMSes. She could do 500 a month for free, but when I asked to have that upgraded back to my previous unlimited, which I felt I should really stick with since I use my sms_biff program to receive SMS notifications of my incoming emails, and sometimes go over 500 a month, she said she was a little confused by the system and wasn't sure if it would cost me $8 a month ($15 unlimited minus $7 credit for free 500) or would be free.

While on hold I had read on here that it was possible to just leave your old Vision plan as-is and do a simple ESN swap, which should have definitely kept my old pricing (but would depend on them correctly auto-upgrading my plan from Vision to Power Vision based on my phone), but the lady was fairly insistent that the old Vision plan wouldn't work for Power Vision, and the deal was so good otherwise I didn't want to jinx it. I guess if I end up paying an extra $8 a month from now on it won't be the end of the world.

The phone arrived via UPS yesterday and I've been having a blast exploring and setting it up.

Thanks to the those in this thread and others who shared their purchasing exeriences, which provided useful guidance.
    I got my trouble free Sprint/T700p for $399.00 plus Calif. sales tax.

I walked into my neighborhood Nextel/Sprint store and said I would buy the 700p for no more than $399.00. At first the store reps said they would have to check on it. I left my ph number and they called me back a few hours later and said ok.

I went back to the store and got my Sprint/T700p. They activated it there and Power Vision was downloaded to the phone a couple minutes later.

I paid $599.00 plus Calif sales tax for my trouble free Sprint/T650 back in Dec. '04.

I'm a happy Sprint camper right now...

Chuck
    OMG! thanks so much for the idea. i've wanted to get the 700 but i really didn't want to pay full price for it. i was just about to click submit on palm.com for $649. i called retentions, threatened to cancel my account and said i would have no problem paying the $150 termination fee (i just renewed my 2 year agreement about 2 months ago). he gave it to me for $399 and gave me 500 text messages for free - and waived the activation fee.

i'm happy now.
    a final price after all the savings of $359.99, and I will probably get to keep my current $10/month pricing for unlimited Power Vision data, SMSes, and PictureMail. The only thing she wasn't sure about was the unlimited SMSes. She could do 500 a month for free, but when I asked to have that upgraded back to my previous unlimited, which I felt I should really stick with since I use my sms_biff program to receive SMS notifications of my incoming emails, and sometimes go over 500 a month, she said she was a little confused by the system and wasn't sure if it would cost me $8 a month ($15 unlimited minus $7 credit for free 500) or would be free.

While on hold I had read on here that it was possible to just leave your old Vision plan as-is and do a simple ESN swap, which should have definitely kept my old pricing (but would depend on them correctly auto-upgrading my plan from Vision to Power Vision based on my phone), but the lady was fairly insistent that the old Vision plan wouldn't work for Power Vision, and the deal was so good otherwise I didn't want to jinx it. I guess if I end up paying an extra $8 a month from now on it won't be the end of the world.
    Unfortunately it turned out to be the $7 / month rate ($15 Unlimited minus an $8 SMS Credit, not minus $7 as I wrote above), rather than free Unlimited SMS as I had before. Ah well, win a few, lose a few, I guess. I suppose I could call retentions again if I really wanted to be a pain in the @$$.
    I'm getting mine for $299 with my "new every two" discount and the data plan discount. Only supposed to get one or the other, but they are going to give me both since I have had so much trouble with my current phone for the last two months (and they have been unable to repair it).... SCHAWEET.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast