1.    #1  
    The bad news:

My 600 froze up when I tried hanging up on a call that I was dialing.

I tried cycling the wireless mode button and it did not help. I tired connecting/disconnecting the power cable and that did not help.

When I tried soft and system resets, the screen would go blank (like it should) and then it would proceed to the Palm OS splash screen (like it should), but it would freeze on the Palm OS splash screen. I have tried the soft and system resets dozens of times (sometimes with the charging cable/sometimes without) and the result is the same.

I do not want to do a hard reset because I do not want to lose my data.

I have tried to Hotsynch with it in this state, and nothing happens. The process does not even start.

For now, I just have it sitting there on life support (the charger) stuck on the Palm OS splash screen.

The real bad news:

My 600 is beyond warranty.

The really bad news:

I have not hotsynched since OCT!!!

Is there anything that I can do?

Please respond to: JeffB@Gate.net

Thanks,

Jeff
    It's time to dance to the music. Do the hard reset
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffB
    The bad news:

My 600 froze up when I tried hanging up on a call that I was dialing.

The real bad news:

My 600 is beyond warranty.

The really bad news:

I have not hotsynched since OCT!!!
    The worst news you want:

Like Clairegrrl said: you're going to have to do a hard reset, possibly even crack it open to reseat the battery cable. Either way, your data is pooched.

Sadly, you are about to learn a hard lesson (one I have gone through a few times, but less frequently in recent years): you need to sync regularly or risk losing all your precious data. If you have charged your phone using the sync cable at least once since October, you should have synced your Treo. The sync takes less time than the charge, so you really don't have an excuse.

I'm not trying to rag on you, but facts are facts, and I will freely admit taht I lost over a year's worth of data from my Visor because I had failed to hotsync regularly and danced with the dead battery devil.
  4.    #4  
    I have removed the cover.

How do I reseat the battery cable?

Do I just remove the cable from its jack and then put it back in?

Do I do it for both ends of the cable?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffB
    I have removed the cover.

How do I reseat the battery cable?

Do I just remove the cable from its jack and then put it back in?

Do I do it for both ends of the cable?

Thanks!
    Yes and yes, for good measure.

If you've noticed a buzzing problem, take this time to wrap the wires in a small strip of foil.

Good luck, sorry about your data loss...
    If none of those things work, 18 seconds in the microwave will prevent that darn splash screen from appearing again
    Well behaved women rarely make history